Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Sep 2020, 10:51 (Ref:4001847)   #851
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Maybe, Peter, but I have been in to one pub and one Indian restaurant in the last fortnight and not registered at all.
That's the pub's/restaurant's problem. You should leave if they don't follow the rules.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 11:23 (Ref:4001853)   #852
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
That's the pub's/restaurant's problem. You should leave if they don't follow the rules.
I agree. These are the rules we have to operate by, I'm happy to do so. Although I do think it's going to get harsh again very, very soon and that makes me fear for my business. Let's hope the pre-emptive action the government is taking works.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Sep 2020, 11:35 (Ref:4001854)   #853
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup with project fear suggesting 80k deaths we are all heading back to full lockdown.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 12:25 (Ref:4001857)   #854
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When we had too many deaths in the motor cycling community we were forced to wear helmets and people complained. It's now perfectly normal to wear them. When we had too many deaths in the driving community we had to wear seat belts. People complained, now it feels odd not to put it on. All these cost large-ish amounts of money, all we're being asked to do is wear a piece of ripped up old t shirt or a 50p disposable mask and the usual suspects are shouting the same rubbish . It will become normal. I could probably claim exemption due to mild asthma but CBA. "Doing my bit."

Old 12 Sep 2020, 14:49 (Ref:4001876)   #855
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
and the usual suspects are shouting the same rubbish . It will become normal.
I've been covering my face for many months now, since early March I'd say, I dont like it but I do without complaining at all. The deal is simple wear it or take the risk to get an awful disease. Even though there's no guarantee but I try my best. Respect for others and my family.
As to wear a non homologated face paper mask for racing, I won't and will keep my certified balaclava and open face helmet.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 15:56 (Ref:4001880)   #856
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, you are probably right but I didn’t think about it at the time because it was the first time I have been out socially since March.
I have no problem at all with wearing a mask in shops, on public transport etc etc and I will definitely try to avoid using the tube or being on a plane or going to the pub in the near future but I genuinely don’t understand MUKs stance when not one other organisation is calling for masks to be worn when operating outside and when not one other organisation is calling for genuine medical exemptions to be disallowed.
We have to take good precautions to prevent the disease spread (and as someone with rhinitis I really do appreciate that) but the new MUK rules do not seem to be evidence lead.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 17:33 (Ref:4001895)   #857
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
When we had too many deaths in the motor cycling community we were forced to wear helmets and people complained. It's now perfectly normal to wear them. When we had too many deaths in the driving community we had to wear seat belts. People complained, now it feels odd not to put it on. All these cost large-ish amounts of money, all we're being asked to do is wear a piece of ripped up old t shirt or a 50p disposable mask and the usual suspects are shouting the same rubbish . It will become normal. I could probably claim exemption due to mild asthma but CBA. "Doing my bit."

Spot on Max!
Old 12 Sep 2020, 17:39 (Ref:4001896)   #858
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

The muzzles are a problem when you have to rely on lip reading.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 19:14 (Ref:4001933)   #859
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
You mean muscles or mussles John? What kind of doctor are you now?
Old 12 Sep 2020, 19:48 (Ref:4001943)   #860
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
You mean muscles or mussles John? What kind of doctor are you now?
No, I meant muzzles. Your little dogs have probably never had to wear one!
Old 12 Sep 2020, 20:17 (Ref:4001956)   #861
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
This answers my question.

COVID-19 Guidance Update for the Community
Release: 11/09/2020
Hello Robyn,

It is now a little over two months......

......helping to keep the sport we love safe and on track.

My best regards to you and your families,

Hugh Chambers
CEO, Motorsport UK

How many families have you got Robyn? Us public have a right to know
Old 13 Sep 2020, 01:04 (Ref:4002042)   #862
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 11:58 (Ref:4002114)   #863
midgetman
Veteran

Even though the new regime doesn't start until tomorrow, MSUK have decided to apply zero tolerance here. We just got *******ed for having a mask down to eat.

I appreciate that probably says less about the rules than the person enforcing them.

Old 13 Sep 2020, 12:03 (Ref:4002117)   #864
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=midgetman;4002114]Even though the new regime doesn't start until tomorrow, MSUK have decided to apply zero tolerance here. We just got *******ed for having a mask down to eat.

I appreciate that probably says less about the rules than the person enforcing them.

Deffo,

I'm @ Darley Moor and common sense seems to be prevailing both among the Kart & Bike communities.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 12:44 (Ref:4002118)   #865
midgetman
Veteran

The worrying part is that these people are going to take the jobs as Covid Marshals in.our High Streets. "I predict a riot".

Old 13 Sep 2020, 17:00 (Ref:4002228)   #866
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
It's a good job MSUK were not running things at Croix this weekend - they would have emptied the paddock by lunchtime! It was pretty hot so of course many people jettisoned their masks.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 18:23 (Ref:4002252)   #867
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
When I read the notice at first I was a bit concerned at the "at all times" - until I read a bit further and found the bit exempting competitors in the vehicles...

Still think its a bit over the top as going above and beyond government requirements, but at least we can keep our sport going......although in reality as an old beggar with a chest infection I am sitting the year out.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 19:45 (Ref:4002271)   #868
midgetman
Veteran

It was no problem wearing a mask. It was just the priggish way in which certain people "enforced" (oh how I hate that word!) the rules.

Old 13 Sep 2020, 23:22 (Ref:4002330)   #869
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I think you'll find that pubs and restaurants are controlled environments where you are required to register your presence and phone number etc. Wide open spaces are not the same.
But race meetings are highly controlled environments. Entry forms have your phone number (and that of your 'to be notified in the event of a medical situation' person) and signing on confirms your presence.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 04:43 (Ref:4002358)   #870
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
But race meetings are highly controlled environments. Entry forms have your phone number (and that of your 'to be notified in the event of a medical situation' person) and signing on confirms your presence.
With one exception. If you go to a pub or restaurant you have to be seated hence movement is restricted. Not so at a race meeting.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 09:49 (Ref:4002413)   #871
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A thought from Darley Moor yesterday, myself as Steward, the 2 Scrutineers & the Secretary of the Meeting along with the 35 Competitors and their teams as of today have to wear full PPE at all times etc etc under MUK rules. The Marshals, Bikers and the 1000 or so spectators dont because they come under the ACU who haven't gone down the harsher route yet - the times we live in eh?
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:14 (Ref:4002951)   #872
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silverstone website now showing British GT, HSCC Finals, Birkett and Walter Hayes all closed to spectators.

Other events are available on most of those weekends.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:26 (Ref:4002957)   #873
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Although if you buy a ticket for the Silverstone Experience you can stand on the Luffield Bank and spectate according to a mail they issued. It only applies for the next three weeks so no Hayes etc.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 08:29 (Ref:4002959)   #874
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had thought about that ... but they might get suspicious about the monopod, the big zoom lens, the winter coat ... :-)
Old 17 Sep 2020, 21:07 (Ref:4003270)   #875
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm more disappointed at them running the WHT behind closed doors, but as per the British GT thread in the Sportscar section, there may be hope for the GT meeting - we can but hope.
https://twitter.com/BritishGT/status...92069641592832

This may be the first year in more than I care to think about that I haven't been to a meeting at Silverstone.