Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 22 Sep 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3307213)   #26
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldn't bring along TRspitfirefan, except that, in addition to being my brother, he's also my boss. I figured he wouldn't give me the time off unless I got him a ticket too.

Also, his minivan gets a bit better fuel mileage than my old pickup truck...
Old 24 Sep 2013, 01:11 (Ref:3308484)   #27
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I wouldn't bring along TRspitfirefan, except that, in addition to being my brother, he's also my boss. I figured he wouldn't give me the time off unless I got him a ticket too.

Also, his minivan gets a bit better fuel mileage than my old pickup truck...
I want to take my Triumph, but mechZ won't let me.
Old 24 Sep 2013, 01:14 (Ref:3308485)   #28
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Better do it, TR. If you parked your rusty mini van next to my mini van, I may not have the worst mini van in the park.

Wonder if Earl is coming back with his corporate mini....
My van is so rusty, she doesn't cast a shadow!*

*paraphrase- Disney Pixar's CARS.
Old 25 Sep 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3309231)   #29
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Will be arriving Friday morning but not spending the night at the track. Infield parking now costs more than the gas to drive two hours back to Greenville!

Can we put together an organized ten-tenths meet? Lunchtime or whenever there's nothing interesting on track
Old 26 Sep 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3309416)   #30
ChuckB
Rookie

ChuckB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is anyone staying in a hotel or have experience staying in one around the Road Atlanta area?
Old 26 Sep 2013, 10:38 (Ref:3309553)   #31
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This area is about 25 minutes from the track.
https://www.google.com/search?q=bufo...Address&ie=&oe=
Old 26 Sep 2013, 17:17 (Ref:3309681)   #32
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Can we put together an organized ten-tenths meet? Lunchtime or whenever there's nothing interesting on track
I think that is a grand idea. I would vote for Thursday at Noon, or Friday at 3pm (after qualifying).
Old 26 Sep 2013, 18:20 (Ref:3309715)   #33
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I vote for Friday @ 3.
Old 26 Sep 2013, 20:26 (Ref:3309772)   #34
ChuckB
Rookie

ChuckB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
This area is about 25 minutes from the track.
https://www.google.com/search?q=bufo...Address&ie=&oe=
ThankYou! Any first hand experience? I must admit that I have been looking at online reviews and my skin is crawling. At that rate I would be better of sleeping under the stars at the track.
Old 26 Sep 2013, 23:15 (Ref:3309828)   #35
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its my home track. Sorry about the reviews. Good luck!
Old 27 Sep 2013, 02:37 (Ref:3309865)   #36
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckB View Post
ThankYou! Any first hand experience? I must admit that I have been looking at online reviews and my skin is crawling. At that rate I would be better of sleeping under the stars at the track.
Just beware of the fire ants. I mean it. Really.
keke
Old 27 Sep 2013, 15:33 (Ref:3310105)   #37
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I vote for Friday @ 3.
At the Falken tire rig.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 17:42 (Ref:3310155)   #38
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
At the Falken tire rig.
I think we had better ask first.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 01:42 (Ref:3310299)   #39
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I think we had better ask first.
I'm sure Kelly wouldn't mind if a fine group of 10/10th's members met up outside their space in the paddock. It's not like were going to kidnap Wolf or anything.

Or will we?
Old 28 Sep 2013, 01:46 (Ref:3310301)   #40
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I'm sure Kelly wouldn't mind if a fine group of 10/10th's members met up outside their space in the paddock. It's not like were going to kidnap Wolf or anything.

Or will we?
Wouldn't want to get in the way, and hurt their chances at a good run!
Old 1 Oct 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3311696)   #41
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
Tickets ordered!

Friday @ 3 will be just after ALMS qualifying. Should we adjust time or location (which right now is at the Falken rig lol) to allow people to watch from desired locations?

I'll probably be in the Turn 1-4 vicinity, but I believe the people interested in the potential K&N carnage want to see said carnage near T10.
Old 2 Oct 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3311886)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Tickets ordered!

Friday @ 3 will be just after ALMS qualifying. Should we adjust time or location (which right now is at the Falken rig lol) to allow people to watch from desired locations?

I'll probably be in the Turn 1-4 vicinity, but I believe the people interested in the potential K&N carnage want to see said carnage near T10.
There is very little space in the program, and I just suggested 3 on friday because there was a 30 minute gap. I'm open to other suggestions, but I figured there were going to be a lot of us who want to see the support series.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3312236)   #43
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Generally, we have watched q-ing and whatever Friday support race there after from spectator hill; don't see that changing this year, so the paddock would be a haul. Can't please all the people all the time!

Probably find me in T4 /top of the esses most of the time.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 23:50 (Ref:3312564)   #44
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I might roam a bit more for the actual race, depends on much of the track I see in practice for them. Follow the burning cigar smoke from turn 4 and you'll find me.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3312748)   #45
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I would also be up for meeting on Thursday evening during the dinner break but before night practice. There is an alms fan forum at 5:30, we could do it then or just afterwards.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 17:40 (Ref:3312835)   #46
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm pretty shitfaced around then. If you don't care, I certainly won't.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3312839)   #47
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Just got my tickets in the mail!

I had some issues ordering them, and the gals in the office were great, helping me to get the problems worked out over the phone. They were really helpful and patient.

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 4 Oct 2013 at 17:54.
Old 5 Oct 2013, 04:12 (Ref:3313042)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tickets, tickets....yes, i need to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I would also be up for meeting on Thursday evening during the dinner break but before night practice. There is an alms fan forum at 5:30, we could do it then or just afterwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I'm pretty shitfaced around then. If you don't care, I certainly won't.
I'll be with JHamilton and amidst the "Broadrun smoke" at that this time. Pick the time and the place, I'll make an attempt to stumble that way

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 5 Oct 2013 at 04:19.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3313594)   #49
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Tickets, tickets....yes, i need to do that.
Only five days left to get advance prices!
Old 6 Oct 2013, 18:50 (Ref:3313709)   #50
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm officially starting to get pumped up.
I've been coming to PLM since '98. This one isn't so bittersweet. The last year for Pug/Audi was the last of the great PLMs for me. I really miss the LMP900/LMP1 days.
I enjoy the weekend non the less. I'll continue to go even after this year. It's cool to hang out with folks that I only see once every year.
I always set up camp on the outside of turn 10a. If you happen to be in that area, there is a German repair shop ( I can't remember the name) that brings a big outdoor movie screen and we watch the Truth in 24 movies, Senna etc... at night.
My BMW corral tix are awaiting me in will call. I'll be getting there late morning on Wednesday.