Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Oct 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3931418)   #701
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2Motorsport View Post
British GT is great! Awesome grids wiith GT3 and GT4 on the same track. Definitely adds to the drama.
Still think Blancpain America would be more exciting with the GT4s back on the same grid
Old 2 Oct 2019, 13:56 (Ref:3931493)   #702
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Still think Blancpain America would be more exciting with the GT4s back on the same grid
I would advocate Blancpain GT America have GT3 and GT2 together. But its not the path it appears they are going. 60 minute races too, not 90.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3931504)   #703
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I would advocate Blancpain GT America have GT3 and GT2 together.
Please, no.

-mike
Old 2 Oct 2019, 17:45 (Ref:3931526)   #704
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Please, no.

-mike
100% agree with this. Times are too similar between the cars at most circuits. I could see GT3 and GT4 combined again like British GT does
Old 2 Oct 2019, 19:27 (Ref:3931567)   #705
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Please, no.

-mike
Because of the similar lap times but made in different ways? It seems like they should be targeted at different driver groups so different races would make sense anyway. Not all Ams can run at the front of the field like a certain Tenths poster can.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 21:09 (Ref:3931589)   #706
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Because of the similar lap times but made in different ways? It seems like they should be targeted at different driver groups so different races would make sense anyway. Not all Ams can run at the front of the field like a certain Tenths poster can.
Lol!!

Regarding lap times: I don't think they're as close as they looked at Barcelona. James is one of the best Bronze drivers in the world, period. He was racing against some of the slowest Bronze drivers. It's no offense meant for the drivers in the Blancpain Sports Club series, but it's a fact and it's why they don't run in Sprint or Endurance.

Having a slower (lap time) class with the least experienced/skilled drivers being the fastest on the straights (by far) is a recipe for terrible racing. I've been on both sides of that coin and it sucks.

Personally, I don't understand the current GT2 class/cars and it has no appeal to me as a racer. I guess in Europe there were too many GT3 cars so they figured they'd create a new class for the guys that just want to show up and pound around in a cool car but not ever race against Pro's?

For GMG I get it because it's a fit for some of their customers, so they're taking it on. I doubt it'll take off as a class in the US though. But that's just my opinion of course.

-mike
Old 2 Oct 2019, 21:37 (Ref:3931594)   #707
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's what I figured, it seems like the old PC vs GTLM, or GTLm vs GTD at Daytona problem in IMSA. The lap times may be different but the same problems rear their ugly heads, top speed vs cornering. Fun with all pro drivers in the same class. Not so much when it's 2 different classes and 2 different ideas.

I could see them merged for top tier club races but I think they need to be split for sprint and pro series. I do wonder about the 24 hour events and what they may do with GT2 cars. Could be interesting to follow and see, especially as more come out. But also if an owner could get the support to run what appears to be a sprint minded car in an enduro.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3932305)   #708
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My photos from Barcelona: https://gt.report/q1jGE

More: https://gt.report/q1jGE
Old 7 Oct 2019, 06:16 (Ref:3932378)   #709
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Wonderful photos.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 16:33 (Ref:3932742)   #710
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers mate!
Old 2 Feb 2020, 15:28 (Ref:3955289)   #711
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
My photos from Barcelona (better late than never!): https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJr32Sv

Not a patch on Miguel's awesome work, but Circuit de Catalunya is photogenic enough that even a blundering amateur can assemble a decent collection pics.

Enjoy :-)