Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 15 Nov 2008, 20:39 (Ref:2335430)   #26
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'm glad to read that GBR has kept Danny in the car for next weekend. Link.
Old 23 Nov 2008, 09:09 (Ref:2340024)   #27
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very unlucky race weekend for danny after an impressive qualifying effort> just heard that he is not available for taupo which is very bad news> hope they give ben clucas a run there as he has previously won in Formula Toyota at that circuit> I am always amazed how he keeps getting overlooked>
Old 23 Nov 2008, 12:39 (Ref:2340146)   #28
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danny didn't have the best of luck this weekend. The fact that they didn't score points is not his fault, nor the team's for that matter.

I hope we'll see him return and actually have some luck.
Old 23 Nov 2008, 12:48 (Ref:2340153)   #29
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big fan of Danny's too, but he has said he is not available for Taupo.. I hope he is back again too after Taupo.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 20:53 (Ref:2341671)   #30
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak
very unlucky race weekend for danny after an impressive qualifying effort> just heard that he is not available for taupo which is very bad news> hope they give ben clucas a run there as he has previously won in Formula Toyota at that circuit> I am always amazed how he keeps getting overlooked>
Ben Clucas would be a good choice, but they'll probably wheel out Robbie Kerr. Again.

Danny's unavailable because his partner is due to have their first baby that weekend. I think it's a measure of the man that he should make that decision, but I suppose others may see it differently.
Old 26 Nov 2008, 14:08 (Ref:2342141)   #31
BeeJ
Racer

England
Coventry UK
BeeJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully his partner should be racing again next season aswell after she has got over having the baby.
Old 1 Dec 2008, 10:06 (Ref:2344777)   #32
jackaroo
Rookie

jackaroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would also like to see Ben Clucas given a chance at driving the A1GP car for GB. I have engineered cars for Ben in Formula Renault, Formula Toyota and Formula 3 and on all occassions he has been the pace setter and managed to get the car to the podium and most cases the top step. I have worked with the likes of Luciano Burti, Damien Faulkner, Peter Dumbreck, Tim Sugden, Roland Ratsenberger, Jan Magnessen ............. and I rate him up with the best of these. Having engineered in A1GP I would have been very happy to of had him as a driver had he had the right naionality. I have spoken to Paul Bellringer (team GB TM) many times about giving Ben a run as Rookie and he idicated that he was being considered. Taupo would be a good place to give him a run as he has won in Formula Toyota there in a competetive field. Beating the likes of Daniel Gaunt, Earl Bamber, Edoardo Piscopo, Hamad Al Fardan .....
Old 2 Dec 2008, 21:33 (Ref:2345930)   #33
John Clucas
Rookie

John Clucas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackaroo
I would also like to see Ben Clucas given a chance at driving the A1GP car for GB. I have engineered cars for Ben in Formula Renault, Formula Toyota and Formula 3 and on all occassions he has been the pace setter and managed to get the car to the podium and most cases the top step. I have worked with the likes of Luciano Burti, Damien Faulkner, Peter Dumbreck, Tim Sugden, Roland Ratsenberger, Jan Magnessen ............. and I rate him up with the best of these. Having engineered in A1GP I would have been very happy to of had him as a driver had he had the right naionality. I have spoken to Paul Bellringer (team GB TM) many times about giving Ben a run as Rookie and he idicated that he was being considered. Taupo would be a good place to give him a run as he has won in Formula Toyota there in a competetive field. Beating the likes of Daniel Gaunt, Earl Bamber, Edoardo Piscopo, Hamad Al Fardan .....

Thanks to all those who have lent their support to Ben in A1 GP. I just hope your representations finally result in him have a crack at it. He rarely disappoints.
Old 3 Dec 2008, 15:48 (Ref:2346457)   #34
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeJ
Hopefully his partner should be racing again next season as well after she has got over having the baby.
I don't know about that. Babies tend to need a fair amount of after care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clucas
Thanks to all those who have lent their support to Ben in A1 GP. I just hope your representations finally result in him have a crack at it. He rarely disappoints.
I fear the most Ben will get is the Rookie test. It's a great shame he didn't get to do the the F3 race at Surfers Paradise. That would have put things in perspective.

Robbie Kerr has raced at Taupo twice before, I think.

Last edited by strider; 3 Dec 2008 at 15:52.
Old 3 Dec 2008, 18:42 (Ref:2346605)   #35
jackaroo
Rookie

He did the earlier Cipsal (V8 support) race as a one off and won. Turned up the week before, no testing. Car had never been run in Oz so was a shake down and went and won the main race and the round.. Meaning he has never lost an F3 round in OZ.
Old 3 Dec 2008, 23:09 (Ref:2346900)   #36
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
If you're talking about Ben Clucas, don't think I disagree with you in the least. I just fear what might happen. I really hope Katie Clements proves me wrong.
Old 3 Dec 2008, 23:25 (Ref:2346911)   #37
jackaroo
Rookie

I believe he would be very happy to just recieve that opportunity, which so far has been denied him. At Taulpo he would be a good choise for even the Rookie position, having experienced success there. I believe he is good enough to race but not to even try someone of his caliba is a missed opportunity.