Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Mar 2010, 17:51 (Ref:2642796)   #26
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Its the crappy Stars and Bars then boys.Someone has to arrange a table which is about impossible!Marcus where are you.
I thought resturant towards town centre was not that bad but as Euro is 1.10 anything is expensive.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2642808)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Listen if its a nice day we could get some supplies from the super market and have a picnic by the water front. About time you got one of those nice yachts John.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 18:44 (Ref:2642846)   #28
Racesport
Rookie

Italy
Milano, Itlay
Racesport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi! Confirmation from ACM just receved today! I will race at Monaco my Ensign LNF3!
Delta, I could carry some bottles of Italian Wine for you picnic.
I believe that, paying such Entry Fee, I will have no spare money for restaurants and I will bring my own foods from home to have picnics with friends all ower the weekend!
See you!
Ciao.
Carlo
Old 1 Mar 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2642853)   #29
Matthew Sturmer
Rookie

Matthew Sturmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just found out that my Van Diemen / GRD has been accepted.... Still struggling to get over the shock so I have opened a bottle of wine. Apparently it's my last as the wife has decided I need to go on a diet to achieve a sensible "race weight".........
Old 1 Mar 2010, 18:59 (Ref:2642861)   #30
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
nice one centurion, like it!

are you allowed to stretch the restrictor for Monaco? or at least take the tea strainer off!
Old 1 Mar 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2642872)   #31
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Great news Carlo.and Mathew. I still dont know. We are having a Stoke Row Festival of Speed meeting tonight so i wont be home till late. Dont worry i will post as soon as i get home.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2642885)   #32
Matthew Sturmer
Rookie

Matthew Sturmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll take the strainer off, put it in the camper, and make some cups of "Earl Grey" as it's all I'm allowed to drink now
Old 1 Mar 2010, 22:07 (Ref:2642957)   #33
fasted
Racer

England
fasted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, does that mean its Stars and Bars Saturday Night?? We really need to find somewhere. We can`t stay in on a Saturday night! I`ve looked on the internet and I can`t find a Working Mens Club, Railway Club or Royal British Legion Club anywhere.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 00:23 (Ref:2643019)   #34
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Friday lunchtime.You have nothing else to do!
Old 2 Mar 2010, 07:18 (Ref:2643163)   #35
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Still no news. You might be going without me. Rolling road again all day so its going to be another long wait.Yes i am getting worried.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 07:25 (Ref:2643166)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I'm going to be so stressed today think i will give my usual nosh up at the cafe a miss.!!
Old 2 Mar 2010, 07:58 (Ref:2643174)   #37
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If all goe's to plan,I'll be getting "Stressed" a bit later on today.
You at Mallory tomorrow Iain?
Old 2 Mar 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2643416)   #38
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have just collected a list of entries from the ACM. Iain is on the list! In fact they have 44 entries and are allowed to start 42 so they are in a bit of a quandary!

It should be on the website tomorrow I believe. Emanuele Pirro is entered in a Martini Mk34 - that is going to take some beating!

And a Dallara 384 for Joe Colasacco. There are 11 from Monaco! Including another Modus M1!

This is just the entry list for my race (sorry). I understand all the races are oversubscribed.

All the best
Marcus
Old 2 Mar 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2643431)   #39
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Iain,end of stress or doe's it get worse from now?
Old 2 Mar 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2643459)   #40
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Marcus
Great news about Ian geting in.
Who else from the UK got in?
I know that there are also;
Paul Smith
Hugh Price
Me
Anybody else?
Old 2 Mar 2010, 18:43 (Ref:2643477)   #41
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just heard the news from Marcus. Had a great day the F3 engine behaved on the rolling road. Still went to the cafe and had bread and butter pudding that's the last of that for a while.I'm so excited .Thanks for all the support. Now i need to tell my mate his bank balance has just plummeted.. No Mallory for me Tel.What are you testing? but this is the Monaco thread.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2643527)   #42
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Glad to hear you are in Iain- they obviously did know who you were after all
Old 2 Mar 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2643541)   #43
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My good friend Poul Barfod in a GRD, got his Monaco entry confirmed today.

I did not send my entry, due to the fact that I didnĀ“t want to make a complete fool of myself downthere.
Now I have 2 years to get in shape, and then enter in 2012, there the Palliser will have its 40 years anniversary downthere.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2643548)   #44
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Dear Henrik i seem to recall you were getting into shape for Spa last year. Whats gone wrong..Will you be supporting your friend at Monaco.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2643551)   #45
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Glad to hear you are in Iain- they obviously did know who you were after all
Thanks Mike. Everything is going to plan at the moment but im sure something will come out of the ground and kick me in the !!!!!!!!!
Old 2 Mar 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2643561)   #46
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Yes Ian, that was the idea.
But there are too many excuses to mention here.
But time is the essential factor.
Yes, I will be there to support him, you and everybody else downthere.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 21:09 (Ref:2643589)   #47
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Pedersen View Post
Yes Ian, that was the idea.
But there are too many excuses to mention here.
But time is the essential factor.
Yes, I will be there to support him, you and everybody else downthere.
Great thats a couple more for the 10/10ths Friday bash.So what time and are we inviting the "others".Dont mention counting rivets.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2643614)   #48
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Friday 12 30pm somewhere by paddock.Burger bar or real food or shall I bring sandwiches from Antibes?
Old 3 Mar 2010, 09:33 (Ref:2643876)   #49
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Well done Iain

looks like a decent crowd heading down there.

how many tea bags can you get in the back of the delta truck ?
Old 3 Mar 2010, 13:29 (Ref:2644046)   #50
The Flagman
Racer

The Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many F3s get to race? I can't imagine 40+ cars being allowed out all at once.

Perhaps there is room for that many nose to tail round the circuit and everybody moves round like balls in a bearing race....

I'm too old to marshal at Monaco (they have fitness requirements) but I am keen to go on a tight budget. Anybody got a spare seat for a consumate wheel/bodywork polisher for a ride down and back, please? Happy to make contribution to expenses.

DM