Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Sep 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2756157)   #76
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You get plenty of mentions tonight too Joe
Old 8 Sep 2010, 19:12 (Ref:2756339)   #77
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
You've just crashed again, Al!

Yeah its on NOW!
Old 8 Sep 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2756362)   #78
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every time i turn on the TV there's a big yellow thing smashing tyres.. when will it stop!
Old 8 Sep 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2756399)   #79
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Good programme tonight.......recorded it, and missed the middle bit whilst I had my tea (I'm a Northern lad) but watched Al's race......want an SD1 again, now....
Old 8 Sep 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2756430)   #80
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done, Joe - good race.

Al, the bit of the crash I saw I think the chequered flag was out. Did you cross the line and in which direction?
Old 8 Sep 2010, 21:46 (Ref:2756437)   #81
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah like Groundhog Day wasnt it, over and over and over again at least 30 times they showed that ruddy crash over the two episodes! Unfortunately I finished a few feet from the chequered or I would be winning Class A in the championship right now! BTW despite what I said in the interview I was clipped by the Cortina which upset the balance of the car leaving me a passenger. Did you hear them say I am a 10/10ths regular? Must have been the big sticker I stuck on the side, spread the word!
Old 9 Sep 2010, 07:26 (Ref:2756581)   #82
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Well done, Joe - good race.
It was in so much as I moosed the start and avoided Brians Disco spin manouvre.

I think Andy Johnson gets the well held tankslapper award after the minis tardis like oil expulsion
Old 9 Sep 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2756653)   #83
Riley Blue
Rookie

England
Derbyshire
Riley Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was on again this morning and that big yellow beastie still didn't get to the flag! It looked very 'floppy' at times, maybe that was the reason.... great racing though, must see more of it trackside next year.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2756666)   #84
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
If by floppy you mean stick yer toe down and the back gets away yes I agree! Its not the easiest cars to drive but the commentator loved it and it advertises my business so what the heck!
Old 9 Sep 2010, 10:54 (Ref:2756683)   #85
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
It looks like its got a hinge in the middle Al . . .understeer, overtseer, understeer, oversteer . . . probably fun though!
Old 9 Sep 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2756691)   #86
Riley Blue
Rookie

England
Derbyshire
Riley Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
If by floppy you mean stick yer toe down and the back gets away yes I agree! Its not the easiest cars to drive but the commentator loved it and it advertises my business so what the heck!
Yes, the tail did look a bit wayward - but the obvious skill of the driver kept it well under control Suspension looked soft but maybe that's the only way the beastie can be made to stick to the planet and yes, I did notice your business and have looked at your website. It was, I believe, the commentator's favourite car of the meeting.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2756699)   #87
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yeah I think he then added apart from Dave Howard's XJ12 Jag which I take as a compliement. To be honest the tyres were knocked out as well which didnt help. I think its sprung hard enough but may need the 22 year old Koni shockers updating! It does seem to be very hard on front tyres as it happens.

BTW the regs require me to run the car very heavy which is a pity.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2757023)   #88
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the best TV programs I have seen! Presume there is no part 3?

Excellent races all round, don't know why I missed it and went to WTCC at brands instead!!!

Old 9 Sep 2010, 22:28 (Ref:2757027)   #89
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thanks Westfield, was good wasnt it!
Old 10 Sep 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2757273)   #90
amgtv
Rookie

amgtv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post
One of the best TV programs I have seen! Presume there is no part 3?

Excellent races all round, don't know why I missed it and went to WTCC at brands instead!!!

Cheers for the comments- there will be a 3 disc set of the festival- soon, featuring the 2 tv programs, the oval stuff, and all the support races that we couldn't fit into the TV shows. See our webshop www.amgtv.co.uk

you can also place comments on the motors TV forum- we wanted to do 5 hoursworth- but Motors only wanted 2 !!!
Old 10 Sep 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2757397)   #91
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thanks AMGTV BTW any chance you could pop my memory stick back in the post?
Old 10 Sep 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2757450)   #92
amgtv
Rookie

amgtv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Thanks AMGTV BTW any chance you could pop my memory stick back in the post?
You are joking? I posted it about 2 days after recieving it!!
I think I still have a full copy tho- ring me Monday!
Old 15 Sep 2010, 12:30 (Ref:2759760)   #93
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
How odd I never received it, no worries not worried about content I have that and people keep leaving them in the shop so usually have a few on hand
Old 15 Sep 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2759765)   #94
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Part 2 now on line, just a voice over interview from me after the race probably because one of my ******** mates was fooling in front of the camera behind my back! http://www.raceandrallyuk.tv/