Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 3 Aug 2018, 17:29 (Ref:3841160)   #1
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
What is Max Verstappen’s nickname?

The Gasman?

Sainz?

Alonso?

The Hulk?

Ocon?

A N Other?

I bet Alonso regrets slagging Honda so much right now.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 17:42 (Ref:3841161)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hate to be the one to post this... But "Jumbo"?

Richard
Old 3 Aug 2018, 17:54 (Ref:3841167)   #3
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My money is on Gasly. Honda seem to like him.

Sainz and Max hated each other at STR. I dont think that RBR wanr another Vettel / Webber clash of personalities. Marko was keen to offload Sainz to Renault.

Alonso has probably burnt any bridges with Honda with his constant criticism. Also his $ retainer demand is sure to upset Max.

Hulk is already under contract and confirmed at Renault.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 18:32 (Ref:3841175)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I would love to see Gasly there, certainly his experience with Honda this season would be invaluable. But Sainz, surely he’s too good not to be left on the sidelines?
Old 3 Aug 2018, 18:47 (Ref:3841180)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
But you know as well as I do that it doesn’t always work like that. Sometimes a very good driver - which I think Sainz is - doesn’t fit in anywhere. He might still get a chance at McLaren but the bench is looking dangerously possible.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 19:23 (Ref:3841191)   #6
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
If I read this Autosport feature correctly, Sainz has made sure during the Sainz/Renault/Red Bull negotiations that he CAN be recalled to race for the Red Bull Racing team, but NOT automatically for Torro Rosso.

They could of course offer him the Torros Rosso seat if they pcisk someone else for the Red Bull seat, and have nobody else to promote to Torro Rosso.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 20:02 (Ref:3841196)   #7
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
I don't see a reason why Gasly would not be promoted. It's Toro Rosso's raison d'êtreand he's doing well enough.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3841198)   #8
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I hate to be the one to post this... But "Jumbo"?

Richard
It’s his nickname, from his sponsor.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 20:46 (Ref:3841203)   #9
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
I don't see a reason why Gasly would not be promoted. It's Toro Rosso's raison d'êtreand he's doing well enough.
It depends on whether Red Bull think a driver with a season and a half’s experience is ready for a team with championship pretensions. I leave the question open.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 22:32 (Ref:3841236)   #10
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
It depends on whether Red Bull think a driver with a season and a half’s experience is ready for a team with championship pretensions. I leave the question open.
Max wasn't exactly long on experience when RBR promoted him!!!
Pierre is the logical way to go and would appear to have the level head needed to work in a team alongside Max.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 22:37 (Ref:3841240)   #11
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sainz or Gasly, simples.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 23:24 (Ref:3841248)   #12
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull have always tried to think for the future and take brave moves so they'll go Gasly I think.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 01:46 (Ref:3841270)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brendon Hartley
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Aug 2018, 08:31 (Ref:3841309)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I would say Fred would be great, but I don't think Honda would be too keen!
Old 4 Aug 2018, 08:55 (Ref:3841317)   #15
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
No it is not!
Probably Made up by yourself?
Old 4 Aug 2018, 09:02 (Ref:3841320)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surely it would apply more to a certain Le Mans winner?

Thinking about this did the thread starter want a discussion about the other Red Bull seat or was it to Jumbo Max?
Attached Thumbnails
E5C5933F-19D4-414C-988E-D54B9227FEF8.jpeg  
Old 4 Aug 2018, 09:07 (Ref:3841324)   #17
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
The only one I can think of that is called mr. jumbo is Frits van Eerd, CEO of Jumbo supermarkets and driver of the 29 Dallara Gibson in the WEC.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 09:07 (Ref:3841325)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I would love to see Gasly there, certainly his experience with Honda this season would be invaluable. But Sainz, surely he’s too good not to be left on the sidelines?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
Sainz or Gasly, simples.
You’d think that this is the choice Red Bull would make. Sainz was loaned and now free and Gasly is their other one.

They already have Max so who could be available that would fit and be worth not promoting one of these two?
Old 4 Aug 2018, 09:10 (Ref:3841327)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
The only one I can think of that is called mr. jumbo is Frits van Eerd, CEO of Jumbo supermarkets and driver of the 29 Dallara Gibson in the WEC.
You are of course right.

Let’s assume the thread starter wanted to actually discuss the other Red Bull seat.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 09:10 (Ref:3841328)   #20
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Gasly would be the smarter solution if you take a look back at how Sainz and Max got along during their last months at Torro Rosso
Old 4 Aug 2018, 10:06 (Ref:3841333)   #21
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
'Jumbo' is a Supermarket chain in Netherlands, and have been a long term personal sponsor of Max Verstappen. 'Jumbo' has been on the front of Verstappen's helmet for some years now. You really cannot miss it.

Some of the F1 drivers have been known to refer to Max as 'Jumbo' because of the logo being front and centre on his helmet.
Not his nickname "from his sponsor", rather because of his sponsor.

Back on topic.

When Vettel (sorry to mention that name again) informed RBR he was leaving in 2014, RBR immediately (within minutes) announced Kvyat as his replacement. The fact that RBR have not announced Ricciardo's replacement yet tells me RBR were not ready, and more importantly, Sainz is not their automatic choice. Even though he was probably promised that seat. Looks to me like Sainz is not on the radar to partner Verstappen.

Old 4 Aug 2018, 10:07 (Ref:3841334)   #22
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
It's the name of one of his sponsors (a Dutch supermarket), not his nickname. Is it possible to get the thread title changed?

Unless we're discussing who jumbo may be sponsoring in 2019.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 10:10 (Ref:3841337)   #23
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Some of the F1 drivers have been known to refer to Max as 'Jumbo'
Who? And when?

Can you back up this statement?
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3841352)   #24
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Jumbo is also on dutch driver Rinus Veekay’s helmet, a Formula promazda driver in the USA he isn’t called Jumbo either, you are completely wrong about his nickname.
Old 4 Aug 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3841366)   #25
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gasly strikes me as a pretty ambitious kid. I don't see he and Verstappen having a relationship full of sunshine and fairies.
Closed Thread