Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Apr 2005, 09:36 (Ref:1286681)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bravo Renault!!

Four races four wins. Two drivers sharing the spoils.

Lead car manages 4 race finishes, top of the points table with double the points of the next car (a Toyota no less!)

Second car with all manner of bad luck, but did win comfortably in Australia, and looked pacey in other places... retains equal 3rd place in the WDC...

Phenomenal achievement... very Ferrari-esque

Can they carry it on the rest of the season?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Apr 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1286699)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NO .,. hopefully

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Apr 2005, 10:14 (Ref:1286725)   #3
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Phenomenal achievement... very Ferrari-esque "

Let's just wait till they notch up at least 10 wins?

Look how Alonso was proudly showing "3" fingers from his cockpit...last year, Michael was figuring how to show "11"

Just kidding.. great start to the seaon, helped a great margin by their rivals... Alonso looks strong but can't say the same for Fisi so far yet...which is unfortunate. I'd thought Fisi would have given Alonso a greater challenge.

Funny, this point last year, everyone is saying how the year is a bore... but guess a change of colours meant a world of difference.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1286779)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
Funny, this point last year, everyone is saying how the year is a bore... but guess a change of colours meant a world of difference.
True enough... but the racing has been better this year... its not just one red car blowing off the field... Mr Alonso has had to work for his supper on occassion, including the bizarre Australian Grand Prix....

That they put 2 motors in the lead Renault, and both went 2 GPs without a failure, even if they had to mollycoddle the Imola engine by reduced revs, and produce 2 wins from the same powerplant is very good indeed.

If only the Renault road cars had such good engines... more people might actually buy them in these parts....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Apr 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1286824)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bravo to Alonso for driving like Gilles yesterday! And memo to Peter Windsor: asking the race winner if he ever thought about letting TGF win the race and settling for second was carrying your tradition of slobbering all over TGF's boots to the point of making yourself ridiculous. Alonso's look of astonishment ought to have been answer enough. He's not only a fantastic young driver, but he's got poise and self control on the podium. Maybe he can talk to Kimi about showing some enthusiasm up there. Kimi always looks like he's about to be hanged.

There are plenty of good races going on this year so far -- now if we could only get the announcers to realize that someone is out there with a good chance to win that is not driving a Ferrari. I have the feeling that Alonso will win the Championship in the last race and both David Hobbes and Bob Varsha will be crying on air with disappointment and Peter Windsor will be rushing to console TGF.

I am a Renault fan because I remember the good old days when Prost made the car come good -- and will be cheering on the team and Alonso to the last lap and beyond. Bravissimo, guys!