Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Oct 2023, 08:57 (Ref:4182908)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,713
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lydden Legend Festival 2024

Just seen this pop up on Facebook this morning...



...just read the blurb and it seems that the same team behind the Loheac Legend event this year (which looked great but was rather lacking in coverage) are bringing the same show to Lydden for 2024.

Could be a good weekend if they get a similar number/quality of entry as Loheac. The date is notable though: that is the same weekend that World RX was this year?
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Oct 2023, 09:10 (Ref:4182912)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran
 
BertMk2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Posts: 10,280
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Interesting - hopefully a good event. Any details anywhere other than Facebook? I guess at this stage details are few and far between.

Not sure if the date is significant - has any news about a WRX calendar for next year been announced yet? Maybe that's waiting on the outcome of the investigation into the Lydden fire?
BertMk2 is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Oct 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4182913)   #3
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,713
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Interesting - hopefully a good event. Any details anywhere other than Facebook? I guess at this stage details are few and far between.
I spotted a mail out email in my junk folder after seeing the Facebook post. Bit more info here:

Lydden Legend Summer Event

Confirms that there is at least some association with the Loheac event. Looks like the Friday is a welcome gala, then two days of track action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Not sure if the date is significant - has any news about a WRX calendar for next year been announced yet? Maybe that's waiting on the outcome of the investigation into the Lydden fire?
I didn't want to go full Facebook comment section and jump to conclusions with zero evidence, but I was wondering if this was a tell about the 2024 World RX calendar (or lack thereof).

In my (utterly inexpert) opinion I still think the investigation could take many, many, months. Although they have a solution to finish this years season, I don't think that could/would work for a full season. Is the best option to postpone next year and look to 2025?... that's probably a chat for the World RX thread!
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Oct 2023, 09:38 (Ref:4182914)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran
 
BertMk2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Posts: 10,280
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I spotted a mail out email in my junk folder after seeing the Facebook post. Bit more info here:

Lydden Legend Summer Event

Confirms that there is at least some association with the Loheac event. Looks like the Friday is a welcome gala, then two days of track action?
From that it sounds promising doesn't it? Full on racing from the Retro championship and then 'demos' from the other machinery - I assume that'll be a mix of people giving it the full beans and others pootling (presumably the organisers will split the cars accordingly!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I didn't want to go full Facebook comment section and jump to conclusions with zero evidence, but I was wondering if this was a tell about the 2024 World RX calendar (or lack thereof).

In my (utterly inexpert) opinion I still think the investigation could take many, many, months. Although they have a solution to finish this years season, I don't think that could/would work for a full season. Is the best option to postpone next year and look to 2025?... that's probably a chat for the World RX thread!
Agreed
BertMk2 is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Oct 2023, 11:21 (Ref:4182928)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,713
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
From that it sounds promising doesn't it? Full on racing from the Retro championship and then 'demos' from the other machinery - I assume that'll be a mix of people giving it the full beans and others pootling (presumably the organisers will split the cars accordingly!)
What I saw of the Loheac event looked great (like I said in my first post, my only real critique was that there didn't seem to be much "official" coverage/footage). If they can get a chunk of the Euro machinery over here (especially the 4WD cars) it should be a great weekend.
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 20 Feb 2024, 07:47 (Ref:4197392)   #6
CS1
Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 268
CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any rumours of surprise cars/drivers?
CS1 is offline  
Quote
Old 20 Feb 2024, 09:17 (Ref:4197403)   #7
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,713
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
Any rumours of surprise cars/drivers?
Officially confirmed so far...

Alpine A310 Politecnic - Gustave Terriere
BMW E30 M3 - Patrick Briffaud
Ford RS200 - Mark Rennison
Lancia 037 - Dave Kedward
Renault Clio V6 - Ovenden Motorsport

...hopefully the retro European contingent who were present for the World round last year will all make the trip over again.

I don't know how feasible it is, but I'd love to see the Schanche RS2000 Escort make the trip over.
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 20 Feb 2024, 09:31 (Ref:4197406)   #8
CS1
Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 268
CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There must be an awful lot of cars in garages which would be suitable

Knowing Pat im sure he is working very hard behind the scenes and Im sure a few of the old school have been invited

Id like to bet there will be a few surprises over the coming months
Looking forward to the event
CS1 is offline  
Quote
Old 20 Feb 2024, 21:19 (Ref:4197500)   #9
flatlandsman
Racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Ireland
Daventry
Posts: 279
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they got a lot of stuff over last year, but a lot of it was driven fairly poorly, Pat has I dont think run the Escort since then. It is often the case with events like this, you long to see the cars but often they are driven by rich guys with very little talent, still great to see the cars but you remember them in their heyday, not now sadly
flatlandsman is offline  
Quote
Old 18 May 2024, 18:02 (Ref:4209425)   #10
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,713
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some more event details shown on the Facebook page...



...and a few more cars/drivers officially confirmed the last few weeks, current list:

Alfa Romeo GTV6 - Rémy Duberos
Alpine A310 Politecnic - Gustave Terriere
Audi Sport quattro E2 - David Halford
Austin Mini - Terry Moore
BMW E30 M3 - Patrick Briffaud
BMW E30 M3 - Gary Simpson
Ford Escort Mk.1 - Chris Spooner
Ford Escort Mk.2 - Charlie French
Ford Focus I 4x4 T16 - Andy Grant?
Ford RS200 - Mark Rennison
Ford RS200 - François Delecour
Lancia 037 - Dave Kedward
Lancia Delta S4 - Hans-Peter Füreder
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III - Lee Kedward
Renault Clio V6 - Ovenden Motorsport
Saab 99 Turbo - Richard Connelly
Talbot Sunbeam Lotus - Gary Gee
Toyota MR2 - Tony Lynch
Triumph TR7 V8 - Nigel Davey
Volkswagen Beetle - James Harrold
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 18 May 2024, 20:04 (Ref:4209437)   #11
AndyS
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
England
N Yorks
Posts: 932
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Some more event details shown on the Facebook page...



...and a few more cars/drivers officially confirmed the last few weeks, current list:

Alfa Romeo GTV6 - Rémy Duberos
Alpine A310 Politecnic - Gustave Terriere
Audi Sport quattro E2 - David Halford
Austin Mini - Terry Moore
BMW E30 M3 - Patrick Briffaud
BMW E30 M3 - Gary Simpson
Ford Escort Mk.1 - Chris Spooner
Ford Escort Mk.2 - Charlie French
Ford Focus I 4x4 T16 - Andy Grant?
Ford RS200 - Mark Rennison
Ford RS200 - François Delecour
Lancia 037 - Dave Kedward
Lancia Delta S4 - Hans-Peter Füreder
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III - Lee Kedward
Renault Clio V6 - Ovenden Motorsport
Saab 99 Turbo - Richard Connelly
Talbot Sunbeam Lotus - Gary Gee
Toyota MR2 - Tony Lynch
Triumph TR7 V8 - Nigel Davey
Volkswagen Beetle - James Harrold

Delecour in an RS200, that should be good!
AndyS is offline  
Quote
Old 18 May 2024, 20:54 (Ref:4209441)   #12
flatlandsman
Racer
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Ireland
Daventry
Posts: 279
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do not know how far some of you go back, but that is not the first time Delecour has driven an RS200 in rallycross
flatlandsman is offline  
Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[LM24] Le Mans 2024 - 15/16 June 2024 - Who is Going? Aysedasi 24 Heures du Mans 519 Yesterday 20:24
No Factory GT teams starting 2024 C6R Racing Fan ACO Regulated Series 26 24 Aug 2021 01:28
IMOLA MOTOR LEGEND FESTIVAL Mike Bell Historic Racing Today 29 28 Apr 2018 13:59
Legend Festival - 2nd/3rd August - Anglesey EvilPumpkin Marshals Forum 32 5 Aug 2003 11:54
Legend Festival at Anglesey 2nd/3rd August EvilPumpkin Trackside 2 30 Jul 2003 14:13


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2021 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2021-2022 Grant MacDonald. All Rights Reserved.