Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Dec 2021, 00:42 (Ref:4086078)   #51
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
That will be good, hopefully they can get a decent grid again.
Reading the press release it states it will be the greatest line up of pure C1 Cars since 1992 with some impressive drivers and cars already to be announced soon!

Celebrating 40 years of Group and 30 years since the WSC last ran at Donington.
Old 1 Dec 2021, 07:38 (Ref:4086092)   #52
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I am seeing separate FB feeds for a “sports racing and V8s” series, which I assume is the 750mc series renamed; does this mean that Bernie has split away with a separate, new, series?
Although the SR & V8s still has a page on 750MC’s list of championships, it isn’t listed on their 2022 calendar: https://www.750mc.co.uk/calendar.htm
Old 1 Dec 2021, 07:46 (Ref:4086094)   #53
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Although the SR & V8s still has a page on 750MC’s list of championships, it isn’t listed on their 2022 calendar: https://www.750mc.co.uk/calendar.htm
Hmmm, interesting, as they have revamped their FB page very recently and have a new logo and have announced a calendar of races.
Old 1 Dec 2021, 17:57 (Ref:4086180)   #54
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Hmmm, interesting, as they have revamped their FB page very recently and have a new logo and have announced a calendar of races.
That calendar shares some dates with CSCC and others with the new Bernie's series (with both being at American Speedfest in June): https://www.sportsracingv8s.com/

Clearly now two standalone series broken away from 750MC, albeit both operating alongside other clubs and each other. Splitters!
Old 1 Dec 2021, 18:26 (Ref:4086181)   #55
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you the Judean Peoples Front?

D
Old 2 Dec 2021, 10:40 (Ref:4086238)   #56
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Are you the Judean Peoples Front?

D
**** off He's the Peoples front of Judea!
Old 8 Dec 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4087655)   #57
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC 2022

2/3 April Brands Hatch Indy
23/24 April Snetterton 300 (Jim Russell Trophy Meeting)
14/15 May Silverstone GP (International Trophy)
4/5 June Cadwell Park (Wolds Trophy)
18/19 June Donington Park
9/10 July Brands Hatch GP (Legends of Brands Super Prix)
29/31 July Oulton Park (Gold Cup)
6 August Oulton Park
26-28 August Classic Silverstone
3/4 September Croft (Nostalgia Meeting)
30 Sept-2 Oct Spa Six Hour Race Meeting
15/16 October Silverstone National (Finals Meeting)
5/6 November Silverstone (Walter Hayes Trophy)

The Oulton Park Gold Cup will be an MSV event with some HSCC categories.
It is also scheduled to have CSCC Modsports and races from HGPA, HRDC, Masters and VSCC.
Details at: https://www.oultonparkgoldcup.com/whats-racing/

HSCC Oulton Park on 6th August will be for their classes which don’t attend the Gold Cup.
Old 8 Dec 2021, 14:22 (Ref:4087708)   #58
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
CSCC's detailed calendar of who is racing on which day is now available:

https://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/race-calendar
Old 9 Dec 2021, 15:36 (Ref:4087957)   #59
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I am seeing separate FB feeds for a “sports racing and V8s” series, which I assume is the 750mc series renamed; does this mean that Bernie has split away with a separate, new, series?
In a word, yes.
Old 14 Dec 2021, 19:48 (Ref:4089680)   #60
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
2022 Colmore Youngtimer Touring Car Challenge:

Magny Cours Historic 25-27 March
Bosch Hockenheim Historic 6-8 May
Brands Hatch Masters 27-29 May
SPA Summer Classic 24-26 June
RGB Saisonfinale Nurburgring 30 Sept / 1-2 October
Finale Races Assen 28-30 October

Details at:

https://www.ytcc.nl/
I do hope they make it over here for the Masters Festival, absolutely fantastic series!
Old 17 Dec 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4090320)   #61
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Grand Prix de France Historique 17/19 June

17/19 June, Le Castellet, circuit Paul Ricard, additional informations.

Invited grids will be: Boss GP F1 '90/2000, Historic Formula One '70s, HSCC Historic F2 pre '79, F3 Classic pre 85, Formule Renault pre '95, Formule Ford 1600 pre '93 and an enduro of 100 km for GT Classics and Protos.
I guess the last one can accept many different cars. Une organisation HVM, you all know.
Old 23 Dec 2021, 09:05 (Ref:4091055)   #62
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
La billetterie pour Le Mans Classic est ouverte (30 June/3 July). https://www.lemansclassic.com/langua...terie-ouverte/
Old 30 Jan 2022, 07:39 (Ref:4096373)   #63
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Almost forgot this one:
Grand Prix de Monaco Historique 13/15 May. Can't wait for Alesi Circus again!

Half electric things show 26/29 May, same place.
Old 31 Jan 2022, 11:07 (Ref:4096817)   #64
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
LMC provisonal entry list avalaible. Plateau 1 is very well supported.
Old 31 Jan 2022, 18:04 (Ref:4096889)   #65
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
LMC provisonal entry list avalaible. Plateau 1 is very well supported.
https://www.peterauto.fr/wp-content/.../lmc-entry.pdf
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 9 Feb 2022, 08:56 (Ref:4097899)   #66
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Pau Classic Grand Prix confirmed 20/ 22 May. More info: https://grandprixdepau.fr/en/pau-classic-grand-prix/
Old 3 May 2022, 08:53 (Ref:4108739)   #67
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Spa Classic 20/22 May already a success, Sixties entry list shows 81 cars, sixteen reserve and five in waiting list! It seems there's some room in Fifties Legends. https://www.peterauto.fr/fr/evenemen...-classic-2022/
Old 4 May 2022, 06:37 (Ref:4108843)   #68
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Spa Classic 20/22 May already a success, Sixties entry list shows 81 cars, sixteen reserve and five in waiting list! It seems there's some room in Fifties Legends. https://www.peterauto.fr/fr/evenemen...-classic-2022/
It is going to be busy in 60s race….sadly we will be spending most of the time looking in our mirrors, as we are seriously out gunned!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 4 May 2022, 14:50 (Ref:4108897)   #69
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Will be there to experience the new spectator arrangements opposite the Endurance pits, perhaps sit in the imposing new grandstand looking down over Eau Rouge and enjoy the racing.
Old 4 May 2022, 17:03 (Ref:4108904)   #70
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Renovated track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbPxeGOimUU
Coach aboard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-so9G-VF1YA

I see your point Will, but you'll have fun and keep lots in the mirrors!
Old 4 May 2022, 17:30 (Ref:4108906)   #71
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Thank you! Interesting to see that the entire area on the outside of the track opposite the pits on the run to Radillon is still a building site. They haven't just removed the grandstands, the concrete bleachers all the way to La Source have also gone. It doesn't look like there is any path or spectator access there at all!

On the other hand the grandstand above Eau Rouge looks awesome. I'll report back after WEC this weekend .
Old 4 May 2022, 17:45 (Ref:4108909)   #72
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
On the other hand the grandstand above Eau Rouge looks awesome. I'll report back after WEC this weekend .
Ho yes, please do! Waiting for terence comments but it seems the Raidillon is faster with the new tarmac. Just wonder how the gravel traps will work… Did you see the "Moto GP only" new part (left after Bruxelles)?
Old 5 May 2022, 01:05 (Ref:4108930)   #73
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Ho yes, please do! Waiting for terence comments but it seems the Raidillon is faster with the new tarmac. Just wonder how the gravel traps will work… Did you see the "Moto GP only" new part (left after Bruxelles)?
yes, saw that - and wondered what on earth it was for!
Old 5 May 2022, 06:33 (Ref:4108938)   #74
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dont tell me about, David, each year we bring some food to people who have been waiting since 2004 for a bus to show up after Blanchimont…

And I cant describe my surprise when I had to turn right at Les Combes in septante neuf!! My first thought was "did they wash it at too high of a temperature it is shrinked!" C'est de l'humour wallon, n'est-ce pas…
Old 5 May 2022, 07:46 (Ref:4108947)   #75
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

And I cant describe my surprise when I had to turn right at Les Combes in septante neuf!! My first thought was "did they wash it at too high of a temperature it is shrinked!" C'est de l'humour wallon, n'est-ce pas…
You 'Masta' missed a bit.