Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 Jun 2021, 19:07 (Ref:4056722)   #51
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andrew Jordan confirms his return to rallycross this year:

https://www.autosport.com/national/news/andrew-jordan-set-for-rallycross-return-with-jrt-squad/6574947/

I am a big fan of Andrew, so chuffed to see him involved with rallycross again.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 21:49 (Ref:4056749)   #52
HoleInTheHedge
Rookie

European Union
HoleInTheHedge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Andrew Jordan confirms his return to rallycross this year:

https://www.autosport.com/national/news/andrew-jordan-set-for-rallycross-return-with-jrt-squad/6574947/

I am a big fan of Andrew, so chuffed to see him involved with rallycross again.
Is that the Jack Thorne Fiesta?
Old 17 Jun 2021, 06:29 (Ref:4056773)   #53
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoleInTheHedge View Post
Is that the Jack Thorne Fiesta?
Yeah, that's the one. Used by Bryntesson prior to Thorne.
Old 26 Jul 2021, 10:02 (Ref:4063202)   #54
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Highlights from round 1 were on BT Sport at the weekend - fairly patchy coverage really (the drone shots were awful - very jerky) and I'm not sure why they didn't show the second semi-final for the supercars? Good drive by Vitols to win the supercar final though I thought - just got his head down and got on with it. Super retro looked to be the best class out there in terms of numbers and variety.
Old 26 Jul 2021, 19:36 (Ref:4063302)   #55
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Highlights from round 1 were on BT Sport at the weekend - fairly patchy coverage really (the drone shots were awful - very jerky) and I'm not sure why they didn't show the second semi-final for the supercars?
I am pretty sure the first version of the final video the Championship put out on Facebook was like that? Sure the second edit of the final had much smoother drone footage? (will have to double check that)

Quote:
Good drive by Vitols to win the supercar final though I thought - just got his head down and got on with it. Super retro looked to be the best class out there in terms of numbers and variety.
It was a great drive from Vitols on the Saturday. Did a double take when Ollie slotted in behind after the joker: I was sure Roberts was yet to joker!

Yeah, the 4WD Retro class wasn't great and the "regular" Retro numbers weren't that high, but Super Retro had a really good field.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 08:31 (Ref:4065042)   #56
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I watched the round 2 highlights last night - Ollie O'Donovan needs to sort himself out, he very nearly caused a huge a accident for Andy Scott coming down the hill, awful driving. I saw the comments in this thread about his driving and I can see what you mean now!
Old 5 Aug 2021, 18:11 (Ref:4065524)   #57
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bloke has been a berk for many years, think he has a God given right to winning as he is rich and spend a fortune. He is not that good, and never has been.

About time someone took him out to be honest, might teach him a lesson or two.
Old 27 Oct 2021, 09:59 (Ref:4080249)   #58
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
See that the Lydden round next weekend will be a double header for Supercars, which is good news. Curious to see if Mark Donnelly will be there after his issues at Knockhill, I guess Godfrey will be back in the Fiesta as I assume he'll have sorted his engine out by this point.

Just seen that Jack Thorne has been confirmed for Lydden in an Albatec 208. Interesting to read that he has bought this car after recently selling the Fiesta (which I would argue was a fairly competitive car).

I wonder if this is the 208 that Andy Scott used earlier this year (the last Albatec 208 left?), or an older car?
Old 28 Oct 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4080454)   #59
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow. Massively surprised he's bought the 208. I thought he was too fed up with rallycross cars breaking on him. Maybe his last minute outing in the BTRDA changed his mind. Hopefully he'll be going strong straight from the off. It'll be interesting to see how Jordan compares in Thorne's old Fiesta when that car hits the track as well
Old 29 Oct 2021, 11:12 (Ref:4080545)   #60
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
Wow. Massively surprised he's bought the 208. I thought he was too fed up with rallycross cars breaking on him. Maybe his last minute outing in the BTRDA changed his mind. Hopefully he'll be going strong straight from the off.
I (perhaps unfairly) got the impression that running a Supercar was too big a step from Super 1600 for his team, but I could have got the wrong end of the stick there.

The 208 was fast at the start of the year (with Andy driving) and Thorne was immediately on it when he got the Fiesta on track for the first time, so I hope he can be competitive in that car.

Quote:
It'll be interesting to see how Jordan compares in Thorne's old Fiesta when that car hits the track as well
From what Jordan has posted I think that Fiesta will have had a fairly comprehensive refresh by the time he gets it on track. I think Andrew has a fairly good relationship with OMSE, so I wonder if the car will have received some upgrades from them?

Irrespective of where the improvements come from, I expect Jordan to be fast!
Old 1 Nov 2021, 18:34 (Ref:4080983)   #61
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Entry for Lydden up:

10 Supercars
25 Retro (6 4WD/12 Super Retro/7 Retro)
10 Super National
4 Super 1600
14 BMW MINI
3 All4 MINI
9 Swifts
11 Swift Juniors
4 RX150

As ever a few classes with low numbers, but hopefully enough cars to give some decent racing in some classes.

Notably no Donnelly as well. Shame, was hoping he might have a break at Lydden and we'd see some of the pace from last year.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 20:01 (Ref:4080993)   #62
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Do you have a link please? It’s not in an obvious place on the BRX or LH websites. Thanks!
Old 1 Nov 2021, 20:28 (Ref:4080995)   #63
MissClarrpz
Racer

It's been posted on the Lydden Hill Facebook page. Don't know why they don't post an article. The same thing happened for Knockhill.

Great entry list from a lot of the classes with 90 cars in total! Almost half the categories are going to need semi-finals. And don't forget to about Electro which will be another 5-8 cars.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 20:47 (Ref:4081000)   #64
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
And don't forget to about Electro which will be another 5-8 cars.
Is Electro running? I thought I saw a post the other day saying the cars were for sale?...

(I did skim read that though and might have missed some/all of the details!)
Old 1 Nov 2021, 23:59 (Ref:4081021)   #65
MissClarrpz
Racer

Oh. Yes, they won't be running. Only just realised when I looked that up. I know they were still looking to fill a couple of seats up until the championship was ended.

I think they're probably going to sell the Fiat's and upgrade to more powerful Fiesta's for next season. They might run both in separate classes and just don't want to run like 10+ cars by themselves???
Old 2 Nov 2021, 09:42 (Ref:4081075)   #66
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Nice addition to the supercars with Dom Flitney in a Volvo C30 - something a bit different.

Also is the Andy Grant in Supernational the same Andy Grant running in Retro 4wd?

It looks like the grids have recovered a bit from the low Knockhill numbers - Supernational in particular looked very thin on the ground at Knockhill.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 09:50 (Ref:4081076)   #67
MissClarrpz
Racer

Quote:
Also is the Andy Grant in Supernational the same Andy Grant running in Retro 4wd?

It looks like the grids have recovered a bit from the low Knockhill numbers - Supernational in particular looked very thin on the ground at Knockhill.
Yeah, it's the same Andy. He ran his Corsa for the first time in August in BTRDA Classics

Knockhill was always going to hit every class. But yeah, biggest Super National entry since 2018 is great.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 11:18 (Ref:4081095)   #68
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Nice addition to the supercars with Dom Flitney in a Volvo C30 - something a bit different.
Yeah, cool to see that car in the UK. Have long thought the C30 (along with the Scirocco) is an underrated looking Supercar.

Not sure how many of those Super National entries are going to keep up with the lead three, but still great to see much bigger numbers in the class.

Strong MINI numbers and a good field of Super Retro again. 4WD Retro is a bit of a mixed bag: take out Andy Grant (who should really be in Supercar) and Steve Harris and it is basically BTRDA 4x4.

Thought we might see Liam out in Rosie, though with NRX in the US next weekend I guess the focus is on that.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 11:34 (Ref:4081263)   #69
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Just seen that it is now 11 Supercars: Hal Ridge is back in the Focus again.

Best work on my really-pleased-for-you-don't-show-envy face in case I see in the paddock.
Old 5 Nov 2021, 12:11 (Ref:4081616)   #70
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Hello! Is there a timetable or running order available for Lydden Hill? I know there isn’t a fixed schedule like at a track event, but an idea of the rough timings would be great. Thanks!
Old 5 Nov 2021, 13:25 (Ref:4081620)   #71
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Hello! Is there a timetable or running order available for Lydden Hill? I know there isn’t a fixed schedule like at a track event, but an idea of the rough timings would be great. Thanks!
There is an outline timetable and running order on the LHMC Facebook page:

LHMC - Official FB Page

Not sure why they are posting updates there and not on the 5 Nations page, but there you go!
Old 5 Nov 2021, 14:56 (Ref:4081634)   #72
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Thank you! My devices are so tightly protected against incursion by FB that I’m surprised I can even read the word in your post!

I managed to get a friend to send me a pic of the running order though, so thanks again! I won’t be able to stay past 3pm but there’s loads to see before then. Last time I was at LH was for WRX in 2015.
Old 5 Nov 2021, 17:13 (Ref:4081657)   #73
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I managed to get a friend to send me a pic of the running order though, so thanks again! I won’t be able to stay past 3pm but there’s loads to see before then. Last time I was at LH was for WRX in 2015.
3pm should get you to at least the Supercar semis on both days, so you should get quite a bit of racing before you have to leave!

Packing the extra thick woolly hat for tomorrow as it got pretty chilly during the night segment last year.
Old 5 Nov 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4081658)   #74
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s nice to know the British Rallycross series is still going strong, even if it isn’t getting the exposure it used to. And it’s still affordable for the punters too. I do hope we have a great end to the season. It certainly deserves it. The Supercars should be one to watch for sure
Old 5 Nov 2021, 20:02 (Ref:4081688)   #75
MissClarrpz
Racer

I feel like the entry list for most of the past 2 years hasn't reflected how much people are wanting to run in the series. I think next year that'll change, we're already seeing some new (and really cool) Super National and Supercars this weekend with more to come...