Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jul 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3915526)   #76
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Details of Haas sponsorship is to be detailed per court order...

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...s-deal-details

Richard
Old 3 Jul 2019, 22:10 (Ref:3915761)   #77
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The whole Rich Energy thing is rather bizarre and has been from the get go hasn't it ...
Old 10 Jul 2019, 17:01 (Ref:3916888)   #78
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if this tweet is right, Rich is out of F1:

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...94221686370304
Old 10 Jul 2019, 17:26 (Ref:3916891)   #79
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
wow, that is a fairly mean spirited and ridiculous tweet.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 17:30 (Ref:3916892)   #80
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bog standard for Rich.

Let's be honest. A cheque bounced, or Haas finally hired a lawyer who looked at Rich and said "You need to drop them, like, now" and Rich are just getting on social media first because they think that's how things work - being first and loud on social media makes you right...and not a c**t. This is just "You can't fire me, because I quit", but as presented by a 4 year old.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 17:53 (Ref:3916894)   #81
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Bog standard for Rich.

Let's be honest. A cheque bounced, or Haas finally hired a lawyer who looked at Rich and said "You need to drop them, like, now" and Rich are just getting on social media first because they think that's how things work - being first and loud on social media makes you right...and not a c**t. This is just "You can't fire me, because I quit", but as presented by a 4 year old.
well put!
Old 10 Jul 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3916896)   #82
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd reply to their tweet with some comment about due diligence, but I know it'll just get spray-painted gold and presented as their work in years to come so... not today
Old 10 Jul 2019, 18:34 (Ref:3916900)   #83
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
Well if this tweet is right, Rich is out of F1:

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...94221686370304
Just more fuel to the bankruptcy fire as Haas sues the pants off of him later. Sadly he'll pop back up in a few years with some other idiots thinking they'll get rich on his great ideas.

My first comment on the Haas FB page was after they signed Rich Energy and was purely the dear god really? As was many of the other comments, think they cost themselves more than it was worth to have them on the car.

I hope FOM/LM/the rest of the field allows and helps the team return to the grey livery and wipe all of the "Rich Energy"Lotus like livery off the car.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3916901)   #84
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
wow, that is a fairly mean spirited and ridiculous tweet.
Agree. They could have exited with class. Who would want to partner with them in the future? I can't imagine anyone given how they have slagged everyone now including F1 and Haas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Bog standard for Rich.

Totally agree.

As I read the tweet (and before I read your response) I felt there was more to this. That Haas has likely found a way to get out of the relationship and that Rich Energy has quickly gone to social media for the... You can't fire me, I quit!

If it hasn't happened yet, I expect we will see a more professional and classy communication from Haas that the relationship is over. Maybe... (if I was them) some slight, but not overt, dig at Rich Energy.

In the end... Didn't everyone call this. Crash and burn.

Richard
Old 10 Jul 2019, 18:43 (Ref:3916903)   #85
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Chris Medlund was speculating it could be a way for Rich Energy to not disclose the terms of the sponsorship as required by the court or head off an announcement from Haas regarding termination of any Rich Energy branding on the cars. But I would guess the court decision would be effective date of announcement and as they were still on the car at the time
Old 10 Jul 2019, 19:02 (Ref:3916907)   #86
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Chris Medlund was speculating it could be a way for Rich Energy to not disclose the terms of the sponsorship as required by the court or head off an announcement from Haas regarding termination of any Rich Energy branding on the cars. But I would guess the court decision would be effective date of announcement and as they were still on the car at the time
I am not an attorney, but I assume that the sponsorship agreement (and amount spent) is all about the calculation of potential damages for Whyte Bikes. So, yeah, I would assume that them terminating the sponsorship (regardless of who pulled the trigger) does not erase what happened before.

The entire story may get juicer in the very near future.

Richard
Old 10 Jul 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3916909)   #87
Richard C
Veteran

If I was Haas... I would work a one race (low or no cost) deal with Whyte Bikes for Silverstone. Maybe the deal for Haas would be to clear them of any claims against Rich (and Haas) by Whyte.

Richard
Old 10 Jul 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3916911)   #88
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hope Rich Energy get what they deserve. The way they’ve behaved has been nothing short of petulant and really Haas deserve better than that
Old 10 Jul 2019, 19:15 (Ref:3916912)   #89
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Agree. They could have exited with class.
They never had class, their comments about wanting to beat Red Bull(on the track and in sales) were ridiculous from the start
Old 10 Jul 2019, 20:09 (Ref:3916920)   #90
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'd reply to their tweet with some comment about due diligence, but I know it'll just get spray-painted gold and presented as their work in years to come so... not today
haha.

the twitter comments to this are pretty funny though. this very much seems to be one of those very rare cases of the F1 fan base coming together to make fun of rich energy.

social media shaming has brought us all closer together!

Quote:
If I was Haas... I would work a one race (low or no cost) deal with Whyte Bikes for Silverstone. Maybe the deal for Haas would be to clear them of any claims against Rich (and Haas) by Whyte.

Richard
right. have some fun with it and get some new merch out there. i'm feeling a need to buy a tshirt that makes fun of these rich energy clowns.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 23:45 (Ref:3916932)   #91
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
They could have exited with class.
They couldn’t because as Steve says

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
They never had class...
Old 11 Jul 2019, 01:29 (Ref:3916942)   #92
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hope Rich Energy get what they deserve. The way they’ve behaved has been nothing short of petulant and really Haas deserve better than that
Do they though?

Its all very well to think you have hooked up with the next Dietrich Mateschitz but surely due diligence is still the responsibility of the team, before a single dollar/euro/pound is banked.

It may be seen to reflect poorly on Haas to have this happen.. and if they had any commercial sponsors on the car other than Haas Automation Inc, those sponsors may feel maligned by association with the Rich Energy lawsuit and rebrand and now withdrawal.

Question though... all those cans with the logo on them for sale on eBay, will the merchandise with the logo, without the logo, and without the brand, as an evolution, be worth something as a boxed set of 3...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Jul 2019, 07:30 (Ref:3916971)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was unrealistic that Rich Energy expected them to beat Red Bull straight away. F1 doesn't work like that. They were obviously in F1 for the wrong reasons. You can see why Dietrich is in F1 for the right reasons, why else would he have stuck with the midfield Sauber for so long?
Old 11 Jul 2019, 09:52 (Ref:3916976)   #94
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
According to Autosport, Rich Energy's investors are trying to salvage the Haas F1 team deal and say that the tweet either written or authorised by William Storey was done so without their knowledge.
Here is a link to the story, I don't know if it is behind a paywall, I subscribe: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...vage-haas-deal
Old 11 Jul 2019, 10:23 (Ref:3916984)   #95
S griffin
Veteran

Well they could just be saying to protect their brand, but either way it doesn’t do any favours for anybody
Old 11 Jul 2019, 10:50 (Ref:3916988)   #96
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
According to Autosport, Rich Energy's investors are trying to salvage the Haas F1 team deal and say that the tweet either written or authorised by William Storey was done so without their knowledge.
Here is a link to the story, I don't know if it is behind a paywall, I subscribe: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...vage-haas-deal
Interesting. I had thought that Storey was the majority shareholder. In that while he may have gone about it the wrong way, or without consulting the other shareholders, in the end, he would get his way. But... if a majority can be built without him... power struggle at Rich Energy!

Richard
Old 11 Jul 2019, 11:07 (Ref:3916990)   #97
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well they could just be saying to protect their brand, but either way it doesn’t do any favours for anybody
The best way for the other shareholders to protect their brand is to wave bye to Storey.

Storey:'We terminated them. Unfortunate but logical decision in light of events. Haas [are] nice people but the car is going backwards. We are a superior product to Red Bull. A milkfloat at back of grid a disaster for us. End of.'

Steiner: 'Rich Energy is currently the title partner of Haas F1 team. I cannot comment further on the contractual relationship between our two parties due to commercial confidentiality.'

If Rich Energy want lessons on how to troll effectively, they should read some reviews by 'Vijay' on Amazon:

'This promised so much - I thought Rich Energy would give me enough power that I could travel back to India, drive around in a fancy Mercedes powered car and beat Red Bull. Sadly, Rich Energy was full of artificial ingredients that left a bad taste in my mouth - which a cursory look at the details would have told me in advance. Instead we were headed straight to the scene of the accident. Fortunately I have many BWT Vida Water Filter Jug, White, 2.6 Litre to remove the bad taste.'

'I was at a party and recommended this to my friend Claire as a mixer, as she was running low on Martini. Initially it looked good, but the taste was not good and there was a really funny smell - so she was totally left in the lurch and had nothing to offer her guests Robert & Esteban.
However, if you are American and more easy going, or perhaps you aren't too bothered about how it smells or things like due diligence then this is probably the energy drink for you.'
Old 11 Jul 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3916999)   #98
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What is Gene Haas doing? At this point id have thought that a business man like himself would cut all ties with this company.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3917011)   #99
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
What is Gene Haas doing? At this point id have thought that a business man like himself would cut all ties with this company.

I would hazard a guess that the team would be taking legal advice about a contract that exists between Haas and Rich Energy, and will be considering ways that the contract can be honoured/enforced. I would further assume that Rich Energy have not yet completed making the payments that would be due in accordance with the contract between the two parties.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 14:20 (Ref:3917017)   #100
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
First, I have been curious as I just don't think I have seen Gene Haas around much this season. Guenther has been the face of the team. Not that I see a problem with that, but it seems like Gene was more visible previously. I don't think anything weird is going on, but more likely Gene is just letting Guenther get on with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I would hazard a guess that the team would be taking legal advice about a contract that exists between Haas and Rich Energy, and will be considering ways that the contract can be honoured/enforced. I would further assume that Rich Energy have not yet completed making the payments that would be due in accordance with the contract between the two parties.
I expect you are very correct. Who knows how the contract is written, but I can imagine that Haas is looking to position itself so that any financial damage is felt by Rich Energy and not Haas. Haas is running a playbook as defined by their attorneys. William Storey is making it up on the fly. Rich Energy shareholders are in damage control mode.

I saw a post on another forum, and I have LITTLE faith in the accuracy, but they said William Storey was "fired" last night. Not sure what "fired" would be other than loosing his CEO title. That story could be very wrong today, but might be right in the long term.

Assuming he is significant shareholder (but not majority), I can imagine recent (current Haas drama) and past (Whyte logo) issues may result in him getting sidelined by the board, but still involved somehow. That someone else may end up running the company day to day. Or at a minimum his ability to issue press releases, social media, etc. are taken away from him. He may be the visionary and "face" of the company, but he very much a loose cannon that is wreaking havoc on the deck.

Richard