Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Mar 2004, 16:14 (Ref:906045)   #26
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lets face it, sauber ain't no willy or mac...BS needs the track time n to think of it, sauber actually got nothing in return other than the lovely design for a car

well! ferrari got to win!
Old 15 Mar 2004, 16:20 (Ref:906050)   #27
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Re: Ferrari and Sauber sharing more than everyone thought

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Cougar21
$55 Million! Thats mighty exspensive wind! Have they not heard of baked beans?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
That could simulate the dirty air effect!
that, the journalist did his homework

SAUBER WINDTUNNEL

Plans for building a wind tunnel at Sauber’s premises in Hinwil date back to the year 1999. Construction of the 70-million-Swiss-franc project (US$ 55 million) started on 14 January 2002.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 01:32 (Ref:907802)   #28
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Well, duh - it doesn't mean they go to extremes to cheat - it means they go to extremes to ensure that they don't break the rules. The "cheat" part is merely your assumption.
Maybe so Glen, but your version sounds a tad naive to me. FIA has a difficult job no question but that job becomes almost impossible when teams spend so much time, effort and MONEY looking for loopholes in virtually every rule. What ever happened to good sportsmanship, after all auto racing IS STILL A SPORT.

Last edited by Kirk; 17 Mar 2004 at 01:34.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 09:10 (Ref:907985)   #29
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They compete under the rules as written - all teams do. Your assumption is that Ferrari's objective is to break those rules without getting caught, whereas (I assume) that you feel others are just doing their best within the rules. The difference is in your pre-conception, not in the evidence or in reality.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 13:57 (Ref:908219)   #30
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Don't put words im my mouth please. It's the F1 mentality not just Ferrari's. If FIA had more backbone perhaps that mentality could be curbed somewhat.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 14:37 (Ref:908251)   #31
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
Don't put words im my mouth please. It's the F1 mentality not just Ferrari's. If FIA had more backbone perhaps that mentality could be curbed somewhat.
Er - sorry but the thread is about Ferrari, and you used the word cheating. Your words.

I'll grant you that you didn't specifically differentiate between the red team and the others, but the thread is about Ferrari and so the debate is already focussed in that direction.

Operating to the edge of the rules, or fully using the available "space" is not cheating. Ferrari and Sauber have put forward their designs to the FIA, just the same as everybody else, and the FIA are satisfied that there is enough difference in the cars. Simple as that.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 19:04 (Ref:908456)   #32
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Indeed, Glen.

It strikes me if a team was not maximising their potential with respect to the rules, well, frankly, they would be failing in their task.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 21:37 (Ref:911171)   #33
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i normally join in the acusations when talk of Ferrari playing dirty comes up. but all this is bs. if ferrari gave sauber the info needed to build a f2003-ga then Peter Sauber better be asking for a refund. first the second hand bits don't work as well as they did the previous year and then this year with a brand new engine thats the same as the first two finishers they still only manage to get one car home and even then it was lapped by eight cars and finnished 10th.

Last edited by hamsmith; 19 Mar 2004 at 21:40.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 21:39 (Ref:911173)   #34
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[

Last edited by hamsmith; 19 Mar 2004 at 21:40.