Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Jan 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4029635)   #1
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alpine Sportscar Discussion

https://www.planetf1.com/news/alpine...formula-e-wec/

I've been very confused about the way this news has been framed - Alpine "considering" a WEC programme, despite the fact they already have one! I know that this means they are evaluating Hypercar/LMDh, but I can't be the only one assuming this was the case with the grandfathered Rebellions? So is this news?

Regardless, we don't appear to have a dedicated thread yet!
Old 17 Jan 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4029656)   #2
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
With Toyota's comments on what will happen if their grandfathered LMP 1's BOP is too good they may be rethinking...
Old 17 Jan 2021, 17:50 (Ref:4029668)   #3
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"alpine" 2021 WEC program is basically signatech running a second hand R13, budget aside renault/alpine effort is very limited. I think they are just testing the water to find competitions to promote the alpine brand, for the next future to me is more likely to see alpine in FE than WEC, since renault is already there and the only thing they need is another team name/livery change (renault edams -> nissan edams -> alpine edams) while a lmh/lmdh program would require a lot of time and resources.
Old 17 Jan 2021, 18:21 (Ref:4029670)   #4
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For a cost point of view, I think that the cost of the 2021 program should be quite close to the LMP2 program as the R13 is more or less an upgraded Oreca 07. Just a shale that they are only running one car.

For the future, it doesn't look good with this FE discussion even if I think that the WEC will be a better exposure for Alpine. Lotus is a manufacturer with. a long tradition of open wheel car, not endurance racing.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 17:16 (Ref:4031317)   #5
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lapierre and Vaxiviere join Negrao at Alpine

https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la...alpine-en-lmh/
Old 28 Jan 2021, 16:37 (Ref:4031711)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Decent lineup.
Old 28 Jan 2021, 21:50 (Ref:4031754)   #7
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Lapierre and Vaxiviere join Negrao at Alpine

https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la...alpine-en-lmh/
In the DSC piece this week there was talk that this was a dress rehearsal by Signatech to show Renault/Alpine what a top tier prototype program could look like. But also said that they might not need too much convincing!

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...-two-2022.html
Old 26 Feb 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4037151)   #8
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any news on these guys testing? I'm curious to see how BoP is applied. Maybe they will have to tow the ByKolles LMP1 around or something.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 10:48 (Ref:4037279)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It has gone pretty quiet, hasn't it? Still, it's not as if they need to test a car much that's been around a while..
Old 27 Feb 2021, 11:04 (Ref:4037288)   #10
Mike E
Veteran

True, but the drivers and crew will surely want to get used to it and it's probably going to be carrying a lot of ballast so the set up will be different from what Rebellion were running.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4037308)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess so Mike....
Old 16 Mar 2021, 11:32 (Ref:4040780)   #12
Mike E
Veteran

Blue Rebellion to be revealed later today...

https://twitter.com/SignatechAlpine/...478418944?s=19
Old 16 Mar 2021, 11:42 (Ref:4040785)   #13
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the only grandfathered entry going forwards? Surely they're going to be BOP'd into oblivion to avoid the embarassment of an old car giving the fancy new machines a run for their money? I think I'm missing the point of the whole thing.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4040788)   #14
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
Is this the only grandfathered entry going forwards? Surely they're going to be BOP'd into oblivion to avoid the embarassment of an old car giving the fancy new machines a run for their money? I think I'm missing the point of the whole thing.
The point is more cars in the top class, and getting a manufacturer involved. But yes, several bags of cement in the passenger seat and a potato in the air intake...
Old 16 Mar 2021, 12:01 (Ref:4040791)   #15
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes, Alpine were the only ones interested in putting an old car in to use for the season. I think Alpine is doing this to get experience with sportscars in case they decide to officially enter hypercar as well.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 12:08 (Ref:4040794)   #16
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Yes, Alpine were the only ones interested in putting an old car in to use for the season. I think Alpine is doing this to get experience with sportscars in case they decide to officially enter hypercar as well.
I suppose I can see that argument, although how different is running the old Rebellion going to be than the LMP2 they were running before?

More cars definitley equals better in simple terms, just seems like a strange way to go about it.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4040796)   #17
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I suppose I can see that argument, although how different is running the old Rebellion going to be than the LMP2 they were running before?

More cars definitley equals better in simple terms, just seems like a strange way to go about it.
I think it's a fairly opportunistic entry from them. If the reliability isn't there on the new cars it could be a relatively cost-effective way to stand out and grab some headlines. It doesn't sit right with me having this in the same class, being branded a Hypercar.

Also, I did agree with joeb's thoughts on them using it as a bit of a toe in the water. But since they signed this off the amount of announcements that have come out seem, to me, to be pushing this into no-brainer territory. The big question is just what class do they enter? Again, I'd assume from their recent history of re-badging efforts that they'll go with LMDH. A lot of their budget lines may be switching towards F1 after all.

It just seems to be a square peg/round hole situation currently. But at least we'll find out the livery and maybe some more details this afternoon.
Old 16 Mar 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4040859)   #18
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That does look lovely to be fair

Old 16 Mar 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4040863)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not a bad looking creation
Old 16 Mar 2021, 17:57 (Ref:4040870)   #20
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did alpine buy only one chassis from rebellion?
Old 16 Mar 2021, 19:46 (Ref:4040891)   #21
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Black, red and white.... oh and a tinge of blue!

Jokes aside, not a bad livery, even though less black would be appreciated.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 13:00 (Ref:4040999)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Nice livery
Old 17 Mar 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4041057)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The livery really suits that car well.
Old 17 Mar 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4041072)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
They have been out testing with an LMP2 car and don't quite seem to like the current gap between the classes.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...s-fine-tuning/
Old 17 Mar 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4041075)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
They have been out testing with an LMP2 car and don't quite seem to like the current gap between the classes.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...s-fine-tuning/
They're slow then........