Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Mar 2024, 19:56 (Ref:4199213)   #301
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Mike came over today with his amaizing Gilbern . We got the box out and hopefully found the problem . Luke Wos is sorting out a new starter . Full report next week but 99% think it’s sorted .
Old 1 Mar 2024, 20:10 (Ref:4199218)   #302
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great news.
Old 5 Mar 2024, 11:38 (Ref:4200064)   #303
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Excellent.
Old 8 Mar 2024, 20:41 (Ref:4200536)   #304
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
attach]79505[/attach]
Well I had a great time meeting and helping Mike, "Top chap". Today he came and collected his Gilbern with a V8 Chevy engine running perfect and starting. We had a little help from our Tenth friends, Alan Morgan, MG David with me and Mike. happy days. Good old Luke Wos made us a new starter. Wosp starters. Thank you Luke.
Attached Thumbnails
Alan,Mike,MG Dave and Delta. Starter motor working..jpg  
Old 9 Mar 2024, 14:29 (Ref:4200595)   #305
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 15:39 (Ref:4200599)   #306
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite a unique machine, well done everyone
Old 12 Mar 2024, 22:47 (Ref:4201059)   #307
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant job all. Great looking piece of kit. Look forward to some on track reports in the future. Best of luck
Old 24 Mar 2024, 10:03 (Ref:4202511)   #308
MikeL
Rookie

MikeL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ready for its first run tomorrow. To say that I'm a bit apprehensive would be an understatement, so many unknowns!
Attached Thumbnails
20240324_091444.jpg   20240324_091347.jpg   20240324_091334.jpg  

20240324_092204.jpg   20240324_092225.jpg  
Old 24 Mar 2024, 11:06 (Ref:4202515)   #309
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's a huge credit to you considering how it was just a year ago. Enjoy your day tomorrow.
Old 24 Mar 2024, 11:32 (Ref:4202517)   #310
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly I couldn't make it this year. Good luck.
Old 24 Mar 2024, 12:57 (Ref:4202525)   #311
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bon chance!
Old 24 Mar 2024, 21:07 (Ref:4202621)   #312
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wished i could be there just to witness first hand your incredibe transformation of such an iconic vehicle, unfortunately a prior hospital appointment awaits. great job, go well.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 06:47 (Ref:4202650)   #313
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
More likely restoration, resurrection or back to its former glory JR… How was she MikeL?
Old 25 Mar 2024, 17:17 (Ref:4202742)   #314
MikeL
Rookie

Not as planned I'm sorry to say, it would not go into gear. I had only run the car on axle stands, what I had not noticed in my garage was that with the pedal depressed the wheels continued to turn. I found out this morning that with the car on it's wheels it was impossible to engage any gear. Various people helped out, in particular Richard of Westbourne Motorsport, the slave actuates the lever arm via a rod about 30cm long. Richard had a hunch that the orientation of the rod was wrong causing the arm to twist. He welded a plate to the slave mounting bracket to make the rod horizontal but this did not solve the problem. Somehow the clutch plate is not separating and it looks like the box will have to come off again to figure out what is, or is not, going on. Great shame. On the plus side, at 97db it did pass the noise test!
Old 25 Mar 2024, 17:37 (Ref:4202745)   #315
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry to hear this, Mike. It sounds like you have several issues with accessories located on the bell housing.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 06:26 (Ref:4202799)   #316
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Think I know what to do . So sorry Mike . We should have tried at Delta HQ. Never gave it any thought
Old Yesterday, 11:14 (Ref:4202968)   #317
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Not as planned I'm sorry to say, it would not go into gear. I had only run the car on axle stands, what I had not noticed in my garage was that with the pedal depressed the wheels continued to turn. I found out this morning that with the car on it's wheels it was impossible to engage any gear. Various people helped out, in particular Richard of Westbourne Motorsport, the slave actuates the lever arm via a rod about 30cm long. Richard had a hunch that the orientation of the rod was wrong causing the arm to twist. He welded a plate to the slave mounting bracket to make the rod horizontal but this did not solve the problem. Somehow the clutch plate is not separating and it looks like the box will have to come off again to figure out what is, or is not, going on. Great shame. On the plus side, at 97db it did pass the noise test!
Did "you" put the clutch on the engine ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old Yesterday, 17:39 (Ref:4203029)   #318
MikeL
Rookie

No, not guilty! The clutch was already fitted. The arm aperture in the bell housing is quite large but you can't really see what is going on, or not as the case may be. I'm told that the arm pivots on a ball type joint as against as a fork action, it may be that this is allowing the intended movement to be diluted.
Old Yesterday, 18:00 (Ref:4203034)   #319
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike, I bought an endoscope and I'm amazed by how much helpful it can be. First use is of course when you want to check the valves and piston heads following a "moment of enthousiasm", aka overrevving. They go for cheap now, mine is a Depstech, small diameter with leds surrounding the camera. Just have to load the ap, connect it to your smartphone and be aware of what's going on in any hiden and dark place.
Old Yesterday, 20:06 (Ref:4203046)   #320
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
No, not guilty! The clutch was already fitted. The arm aperture in the bell housing is quite large but you can't really see what is going on, or not as the case may be. I'm told that the arm pivots on a ball type joint as against as a fork action, it may be that this is allowing the intended movement to be diluted.
Why I asked was "is the drive plate fitted the correct way round" ? seen it many times over the years. However I don't know what clutch plate it has, and if it makes any difference on the type that is fitted, it certainly does on road cars.
Last year my nephew phoned me up, he had just put a new clutch in his car and it would not go into gear. I said "I expect that you've put the clutch plate in the wrong way round", the next day he phoned back and said "you was right". What made me chuckle is that he works for Mclaren !!!

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; Yesterday at 20:15.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !