Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Feb 2023, 10:49 (Ref:4143096)   #1151
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Unless he going somewhere better?
Rumour a while back was he’s heading to Speedworks.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 11:43 (Ref:4143108)   #1152
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The article also confirms that it will be part of the 4 car team of 330M vehicles, which puts paid to the speculation that WSR could be fielding new models.
Not in the article as such but the confirmed list at the bottom hopefully put to bed a couple of other things.

Motorbase staying with Fords. I think most people probably already knew that but somehow the wishful thinking posts about them changing cars won't die.

Hard running 6x Cupras, the last 2 being new cars for Moffatt. Again I think that's not a huge surprise to most people.

No mention of Boardley on that list?
Old 8 Feb 2023, 11:44 (Ref:4143109)   #1153
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Turkington plans for 2023 should be revealed today. Won’t spoilt the news but details in Motor Sport News.

Also there’s an interview with Matt Neal. Sheddon likely for Dynamics and more rumours of Rowbottom being on the move.
Could you link the website please so I could have a read?
Old 8 Feb 2023, 11:50 (Ref:4143110)   #1154
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
Could you link the website please so I could have a read?
I subscribe to this app that gives me access https://gb.readly.com/
Old 8 Feb 2023, 11:50 (Ref:4143111)   #1155
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Probably completely wrong here - but I wonder if there is some investment/involvement coming from Will Powell? His motorsport team is MOTUS ONE...
Could be. My initial thought was that changing from BTC was a way for the team to distance themselves from Burt Taylor, but then the BT in BTC never stood for Burt Taylor anyhow.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 11:52 (Ref:4143112)   #1156
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Not in the article as such but the confirmed list at the bottom hopefully put to bed a couple of other things.

Motorbase staying with Fords. I think most people probably already knew that but somehow the wishful thinking posts about them changing cars won't die.

Hard running 6x Cupras, the last 2 being new cars for Moffatt. Again I think that's not a huge surprise to most people.

No mention of Boardley on that list?

I could only count 5 Cupras amongst the 27 cars listed on the Autosport article, so there are 2 entries missing I believe:

Motorbase Performance Ford Ash Sutton, Dan Cammish, TBA, TBA
West Surrey Racing BMW Jake Hill, Colin Turkington, Adam Morgan, Stephen Jelley
Excelr8 Motorsport Hyundai Tom Ingram, Tom Chilton, Nick Halstead, TBA
Team Dynamics Honda TBA, TBA
BTC Racing Honda TBA, TBA, TBA
Speedworks Motorsport Toyota TBA, TBA, TBA
Team Hard Cupra Dan Lloyd, Bobby Thompson, Dexter Patterson, TBA, TBA
Power Maxed Racing Vauxhall Andrew Watson, TBA
Old 8 Feb 2023, 12:32 (Ref:4143118)   #1157
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
I could only count 5 Cupras amongst the 27 cars listed on the Autosport article, so there are 2 entries missing I believe:
Ignore me, I can't count.

Boardley must be in with Hard with the Moffat not-Laser Tools, not-Infinity missing
Old 8 Feb 2023, 12:39 (Ref:4143119)   #1158
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
with the Moffat not-Laser Tools, not-Infinity missing
Interestingly I saw his name crop up a few times in BTC's 'hairy arms' teaser...
Old 8 Feb 2023, 12:55 (Ref:4143123)   #1159
Ant25
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Interestingly I saw his name crop up a few times in BTC's 'hairy arms' teaser...
When are they meant to be announcing?
Old 8 Feb 2023, 13:04 (Ref:4143131)   #1160
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
When are they meant to be announcing?
“two driver announcements incoming this week” according to their Instagram page
Old 8 Feb 2023, 15:32 (Ref:4143147)   #1161
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N Performance?????????
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Rowbottom?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1Aiden Moffat Racing???Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Aiden Moffat Racing??????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA RacingFocus?SuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA RacingFocus?CammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-3MotorbaseFocus?Osborne?Talked about looking forward to next year with the teamElig.
Motorbase-4MotorbaseFocus????  
HARD.-1HARD.Cupra León Taylor-SmithConfirmed as multi-year in press releaseInel.
HARD.-2HARD.Cupra LeónThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.Cupra LeónPattersonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-4HARD.Cupra LeónLloydConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
Speedworks-3Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
WSR-1Team BMW/Ciceley Commercials?BMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMW?BMW 330e M SportTurkingtonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-3Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4MB Motorsport?BMW 330e M SportJelleyConfirmed in press release - MB talked about a 2-car entry for 2023Inel.
PMR-1PMRVauxhall AstraHandConfirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2PMRVauxhall AstraWatsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
BTC-1Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-2Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-3Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
Boardley-1??????Boardley?Has described 2022 as a sabbaticalElig.
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Bert Taylor Racing???????Talked about getting a TBL for 2023???
?????????Proctor?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
?????????Hamilton?Talked about being in a car for 2023 Inel.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 15:50 (Ref:4143150)   #1162
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
crm, there is a 5th Cupra to be added to the Hard squad according to the Autosport listing, with 2 drivers to be announced.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 15:56 (Ref:4143152)   #1163
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
crm, there is a 5th Cupra to be added to the Hard squad according to the Autosport listing, with 2 drivers to be announced.
I've noticed that - but I am not sure if it is fully accurate (it might well be though).

The 5th Cupra seems to be linked to the Boardley TBL, but I have not (AFAIK) seen anything confirming that TBL as being used for a 5th Cupra entry.

There are also records showing only four Cupras being built (so far) so it is unclear if HARD. is a 4, 5, 6 or 7 car entry at the moment and what the make up of cars will be.

All of the publicity from HARD. so far has only referred to four cars / drivers.

Edit: The same publication also previously 'confirmed' -
"Hard has expanded to four TBL entrants’ licences for 2023.

While Thompson is the first driver confirmed for the squad’s line-up this winter, Hard has a multi-year deal in place with Aron Taylor-Smith."

Last edited by crmalcolm; 8 Feb 2023 at 16:03.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4143167)   #1164
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I guess a rebranding / relaunching could be quantified as this huge announcement.
"Something new is coming"...

https://twitter.com/btc_racing/statu...037749255?s=21
Old 8 Feb 2023, 18:29 (Ref:4143169)   #1165
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mercedes?
Old 8 Feb 2023, 18:42 (Ref:4143173)   #1166
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strike Coates from the list, some Britcar in a TCR car and a contract signed to race in a TOCA series, not BTCC. Wonder if it is the Carerra Cup. Announcement soon according to someone from Dragon Motorsport.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 19:01 (Ref:4143177)   #1167
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Mercedes?
Well there's a GT3 announcement for British GT at 9:00 in the morning...
Old 8 Feb 2023, 19:21 (Ref:4143180)   #1168
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They were testing a GT Merc at Oulton today, so that seems to fit.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 19:52 (Ref:4143186)   #1169
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Century’s is tomorrow’s announcement
Old 8 Feb 2023, 21:16 (Ref:4143193)   #1170
Ant25
Racer

Anyone else see napa’s post?
Old 8 Feb 2023, 21:41 (Ref:4143196)   #1171
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
have a feeling he will be badly outclassed by Hill as Turks is past his prime now

Hill seems to be able to get much more out of the car when it's not in its optimal window , if he didn't had some stupid DNF or that DQ last year while finishing on podium he would very likely had the title
Old 8 Feb 2023, 22:25 (Ref:4143203)   #1172
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
if he didn't had some stupid DNF or that DQ last year while finishing on podium he would very likely had the title
He also made a number of self-inflicted mistakes, but yes, he was probably the quickest out there last year with the BMW underneath him.
Old 9 Feb 2023, 05:03 (Ref:4143223)   #1173
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Anyone else see napa’s post?
The one that says 'good night team'?
Old 9 Feb 2023, 06:55 (Ref:4143229)   #1174
Ant25
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The one that says 'good night team'?
Yeah think they may of been playing with there new car?
Old 9 Feb 2023, 11:17 (Ref:4143253)   #1175
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
if he didn't had some stupid DNF or that DQ last year while finishing on podium he would very likely had the title