Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Feb 2023, 20:52 (Ref:4143727)   #1251
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatapex View Post
Couple of theories:
Dan Zelos has been reserve/test driver- might be time for the step up?

Could also be:
Aron Taylor Smith
Senna proctor
Rory Butcher
George Gamble
Or Rowbottom?
Old 14 Feb 2023, 20:53 (Ref:4143728)   #1252
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If its who I've heard its a new name to BTCC
Old 14 Feb 2023, 21:06 (Ref:4143729)   #1253
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Huff?
Old 14 Feb 2023, 21:12 (Ref:4143730)   #1254
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Huff?
I'm pretty sure Huff has already had a go at BTCC.
Old 14 Feb 2023, 21:39 (Ref:4143734)   #1255
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Huff?
Looks way too small for Huff on that photo unless the guy there is not the actual driver although would that be?
Old 14 Feb 2023, 23:45 (Ref:4143740)   #1256
flatapex
Rookie

flatapex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Looks way too small for Huff on that photo unless the guy there is not the actual driver although would that be?
It will be the actual driver, the reveal photo will just be the sticker over the face removed.
Old 14 Feb 2023, 23:49 (Ref:4143741)   #1257
flatapex
Rookie

flatapex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Zelos sounds like decent odds as does Dom Wheatley. The other main mini graduates are people like Ethan Hammerton and Max Coates, both have been in btcc cars before. Dan has tested the Hyundai but never raced it
Old 15 Feb 2023, 08:22 (Ref:4143748)   #1258
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://www.btcc.net/2023/02/15/seri...celr8-line-up/

EXCELR8's new driver is ex-Mini Challenge racer Ronan Pearson
Old 15 Feb 2023, 08:25 (Ref:4143749)   #1259
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformancePearsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Rowbottom?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1Aiden Moffat Racing???Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Aiden Moffat Racing??????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA RacingFocus?SuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA RacingFocus?CammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-3MotorbaseFocus?Osborne?Talked about looking forward to next year with the teamElig.
Motorbase-4MotorbaseFocus????  
HARD.-1HARD.Cupra León Taylor-SmithConfirmed as multi-year in press releaseInel.
HARD.-2HARD.Cupra LeónThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.Cupra LeónPattersonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-4HARD.Cupra LeónLloydConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
Speedworks-3Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
WSR-1Team BMW/Ciceley Commercials?BMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMW?BMW 330e M SportTurkingtonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-3Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4MB Motorsport?BMW 330e M SportJelleyConfirmed in press release - MB talked about a 2-car entry for 2023Inel.
PMR-1PMRVauxhall AstraHandConfirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2PMRVauxhall AstraWatsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
BTC-1One MotorsportCivic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-2One MotorsportCivic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-3One MotorsportCivic???? Reported as considering a new build???
Boardley-1??????Boardley?Has described 2022 as a sabbaticalElig.
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Bert Taylor Racing???????Talked about getting a TBL for 2023???
?????????Proctor?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
?????????Hamilton?Talked about being in a car for 2023 Inel.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Old 15 Feb 2023, 08:27 (Ref:4143751)   #1260
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see someone from the 'junior' program moving up the ladder. Let's see how he goes, hopefully he can make some decent results. For Excelr8 it'd also be really important if Chilton was able to return to a better form this year to kind of support the team in their fight for another title.
Old 15 Feb 2023, 09:25 (Ref:4143754)   #1261
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
https://www.btcc.net/2023/02/15/seri...celr8-line-up/

EXCELR8's new driver is ex-Mini Challenge racer Ronan Pearson
Thought it could be after the Scottish clue but seemed like he was set for the JCWs again!

Great news, about time since we’ve had a Mini front runner step up. Good luck to him and hope he goes well.

A better option that Butel I think, but being a bit of an unknown, I’m not entirely convinced by Excelr8’s line up this year. Expect Ingram will score about 95% of the team’s points…

(also I like how they beat BTC / One Motorsport to the driver announcement they promised a week ago…)
Old 15 Feb 2023, 09:39 (Ref:4143757)   #1262
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Great news, about time since we’ve had a Mini front runner step up. Good luck to him and hope he goes well.
It will definitely be interesting to compare his results with previous 'graduates', such as:

Rob Smith - 2019 (2pts)
Chris Smiley - 2016 (0pts)
Brett Smith - 2017 (30pts)
James Gornall - 2020 (18pts)

Although there have also been a few drivers going the other way.....
Old 15 Feb 2023, 09:48 (Ref:4143760)   #1263
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So another name confirmed. Nice to see someone new come in, can he handle the pressure of being in a title winning squad?
Old 15 Feb 2023, 12:07 (Ref:4143779)   #1264
Squiggs
Rookie

Squiggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Would mean Osborne or Ollie Jackson not racing for Motorbase that. I can’t see Osborne going elsewhere. Ollie Jackson had a poor season but I think he still enjoys it and I’d be surprised if he chucks it. But one never knows….
Ollie's just confirmed that he's racing in the Porsche Carrera Cup this year...
Old 15 Feb 2023, 12:18 (Ref:4143780)   #1265
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggs View Post
Ollie's just confirmed that he's racing in the Porsche Carrera Cup this year...
Sad to see him go, but it opens up a prime seat on the grid. Looks like a result of growing work with Alcon and Mountune.

As an aside, it'll be great to see how he fares in PCCGB after a hiatus of over a decade - would be interesting to see if PCCGB classifies him as Pro or Pro-Am.

From Ollie's personal website, I think this is a rather interesting paragraph that may dispel some rumours circulating on this forum

“Pete Osborne and Motorbase have been extremely supportive of my decision, and we will continue to not only be great friends but work together closely through my role in Mountune who supply Napa Racing with the Ford EcoBoost engine. I wish Napa Racing and Mountune the very best of luck for the forthcoming season, I will certainly be cheering them on from the paddock.”

Talk as well of Motorbase looking at an RWD car and endurance racing for Ollie Jackson.

And from Pete Osborne in the same personal press release - "We worked on a few alternative programmes which would have kept Ollie in the Motorbase family and maybe we’ll see him return to a Motorbase car again in the near future. For now, we wish Ollie all the best in his plans back in the Porsche paddock. We will continue to enjoy his involvement in the team in his role with Mountune, who continue to supply our BTCC engines."

Source: https://olliejacksonracing.com/jackson-departs-btcc/
Old 15 Feb 2023, 12:21 (Ref:4143781)   #1266
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame, Ollie posts quite a lot on another forum and having a ‘man on the inside’ was quite fun. Not sure him moving to Porsches is enough to make me watch but maybe.
Old 15 Feb 2023, 12:32 (Ref:4143782)   #1267
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good luck to him, easy to forget he’s in been in the series (mostly) since the early 2010s. It’s probably the right time for him to move on.

Would like to see Jack Mitchell get the call up, being in Motorbase’s academy.
Old 15 Feb 2023, 12:33 (Ref:4143784)   #1268
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
From Ollie's personal website, I think this is a rather interesting paragraph that may dispel some rumours circulating on this forum
Nah - it just means that NAPA Racing will be using the Ford Kuga in 2023, with EcoBoost engines prepared by Mountune.
Old 15 Feb 2023, 13:07 (Ref:4143786)   #1269
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cook and Moffat confirmed at One Motorsport in Civics.

https://www.btcc.net/2023/02/15/cook...ne-motorsport/
Old 15 Feb 2023, 13:07 (Ref:4143788)   #1270
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
So is there an ex WSR Beemer or two unaccounted for so far? There was 5 on the grid last year?
Old 15 Feb 2023, 13:19 (Ref:4143790)   #1271
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Cook and Moffat confirmed at One Motorsport in Civics.

https://www.btcc.net/2023/02/15/cook...ne-motorsport/
Team name is a bit convoluted but that's typical BTCC! "Starline Racing by One Motorsport"

Love the new livery as well - grey and yellow. Not sure how well it will stand out on TV though especially if its grey/raining?

An interesting line in TouringCarTimes' write-up that ties into something posited on this forum by me and others a week-or-so ago regarding TBLs

"With Moffat moving over to One Motorsport, it remains to be seen what will happen to the two TOCA BTCC Licences currently in the possession of ‘Aiden Moffat Racing’, which were used for the Laser Tools Racing programme in recent years. Paddock speculation has suggested that not all 29 TBLs that were handed out by TOCA for use in 2023 will in fact be utilised."
Old 15 Feb 2023, 13:22 (Ref:4143791)   #1272
Evantra
Veteran

England
Wow, apparently all news over the last month has been saved up for today!

Car looks great and Moffat won’t be far off Cook. Autosport reporting they are hoping to use a Moffat TBL for a fourth car, so doesn’t sound like anything is set in stone yet. TCT hinting that not all the TBLs will be utilised.

Obviously very good news, but do hope we get a new team next year as we have lost a couple (in some capacity, yes they’re still involved) this season.
Old 15 Feb 2023, 13:22 (Ref:4143792)   #1273
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
So is there an ex WSR Beemer or two unaccounted for so far? There was 5 on the grid last year?
I think 6 NGTC 330e chassis were built. 4 are accounted for at WSR for Hill, Turkington, Morgan, and Jelley. Turkington's old chassis has gone back to being a museum piece. Leaves just 1 chassis unaccounted by my reckoning? My theory was somebody like Boardley buying it and having it run by HARD alongside their 4 CUPRAs OR it gets held by WSR as a spare in case of another Oulton Park situation.
Old 15 Feb 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4143793)   #1274
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

Would like to see Jack Mitchell get the call up, being in Motorbase’s academy.
Same here! He's definitely proved himself in MINI Challenge (and I think outscored new Excelr8 driver Ronan Pearson) and did that part-season for HARD in 2021 so has some BTCC experience.

TouringCarTimes suggested the new driver will be confirmed in the next week so hopefully not long to wait.
Old 15 Feb 2023, 13:42 (Ref:4143795)   #1275
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Nah - it just means that NAPA Racing will be using the Ford Kuga in 2023, with EcoBoost engines prepared by Mountune.
Butcher to return?