Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Aug 2021, 23:17 (Ref:4067108)   #1926
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can’t see it on the Eurosport listings.

Cost savings for this year?
Old 17 Aug 2021, 01:28 (Ref:4067121)   #1927
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have the WEC season pass, which doesn't include Le Mans, so I have to also get a subscription to Motor trend. Last year they had a free 7 day trial. Don't know if I can get the same deal 2 years in a row
Old 17 Aug 2021, 02:11 (Ref:4067123)   #1928
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably not. There are a few shows on the Motor Trend channel that I watch (I'm about watch one right now). Since I don't have the cable anymore, it's in one of my many paid subscriptions. It's decent enough.

My issue is that I shared it with my brother. Only one of us can watch live.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 06:08 (Ref:4067130)   #1929
HR186S
Rookie

Australia
Australia
HR186S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Free practice 1 apparently isn't televised?

Which is weird considering it has been televised for a long time even when fiawec.com streaming forgot to include it.
I can't remember a year where it was televised? Nothing new here. We usually get coverage from FP2, I listen to RLM for FP1.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 07:09 (Ref:4067133)   #1930
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the point is that if RLM is at the circuit they can report the action. If RLM is remote, as last year, they have to rely on TV coverage.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 10:01 (Ref:4067149)   #1931
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I think the point is that if RLM is at the circuit they can report the action. If RLM is remote, as last year, they have to rely on TV coverage.
They are remote.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 11:35 (Ref:4067167)   #1932
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR186S View Post
I can't remember a year where it was televised? Nothing new here. We usually get coverage from FP2, I listen to RLM for FP1.
For many years it has been. It used to be so that the Eurosport linear tv channels only broadcasted the last two hours of the session, and the first two were only on Eurosport Player and initially fiawec.com streaming didn't have the session at all.

So its likely that you have not had a way to watch it but the live production was there.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 11:59 (Ref:4067170)   #1933
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My recollection from last year is certainly that I watched every session live on Eurosport Player but I could be wrong I suppose. I remember it well, not being at the circuit!
Old 17 Aug 2021, 12:07 (Ref:4067174)   #1934
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i too watched large amounts on the telly last year, but not this year, hopefully
Old 17 Aug 2021, 12:07 (Ref:4067175)   #1935
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least it looks like the world feed will be available again on Eurosport Player for people watching that way. Albeit the thumbnail seems to be for ETCR currently which is a bit random.

Was a life-saver last year and would be my audio preference over a Trussers-less RLM.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 12:24 (Ref:4067179)   #1936
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least Quest is showing it this year. Ok they are only showing the start and the finish, but it's more than they did last year, which was none. Just means I can watch bits of it without cancelling other plans, which includes going to see Arsenal vs Chelsea!
Old 17 Aug 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4067186)   #1937
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
At least it looks like the world feed will be available again on Eurosport Player for people watching that way. Albeit the thumbnail seems to be for ETCR currently which is a bit random.

Was a life-saver last year and would be my audio preference over a Trussers-less RLM.
When I first read that I thought you were saying that Trussers wasn't going to be on!
Old 17 Aug 2021, 12:40 (Ref:4067191)   #1938
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 24 Hours of Le Mans on Aug. 21-22 with the green flag set for 4 p.m. CET and 10 a.m. ET. MotorTrend TV will air the race live with the MotorTrend App adding coverage of official practices and qualifying on Aug. 18 and 19. Live audio coverage will be available from Radio Le Mans starting with Sunday’s Test Day.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 12:45 (Ref:4067194)   #1939
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
When I first read that I thought you were saying that Trussers wasn't going to be on!
Oooo that would be a boost if he's doing the race.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 12:45 (Ref:4067195)   #1940
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Albeit the thumbnail seems to be for ETCR currently which is a bit random.
Has been the case for a while. The titles and images in the schedule page have always been so random, and it is not just WEC or motor racing events.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 12:48 (Ref:4067199)   #1941
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That’s Eurosport for you.

Not that I am complaining their streaming platform is one of the best. It is very comprehensive and when they have a specific page for an event like the Olympics it is brilliant. It is also a high quality stream.

Gone are the days were the published schedule seemed to be at best only a vague suggestion of when they might show something.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4067221)   #1942
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Probably not. There are a few shows on the Motor Trend channel that I watch (I'm about watch one right now). Since I don't have the cable anymore, it's in one of my many paid subscriptions. It's decent enough.

My issue is that I shared it with my brother. Only one of us can watch live.
I haven't added the subscription yet, because when i was on the Motortrend website it seems to list the 24 hours as being live on the TV channel - which I do get. So now i have to check the guide when i get home to make sure this is true and then decide if i want to pay anyways to avoid the commercials.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:13 (Ref:4067230)   #1943
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Oooo that would be a boost if he's doing the race.
I know he was MIA for the race last year, but we heard plentyn of him on Test Day.... Fingers crossed.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:15 (Ref:4067234)   #1944
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Agreed we need to hear him on the radio as we watch the cars
Old 17 Aug 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4067265)   #1945
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Graham said on TWISC that Eurosport's comms team will include David Brabham and Charlie Robertson this year. So there might be some sensible chat in between all the made up waffle.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 15:38 (Ref:4067266)   #1946
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
WEC App comms team also includes Ollie Gavin and Darren Turner.
Ollie was very good on ALMS comms earlier this year. Good addition.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...-revealed.html
Old 18 Aug 2021, 02:26 (Ref:4067334)   #1947
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
From what I understand, only Race 2 of Endurance Legends (Saturday morning) will be streamed https://www.peterauto.fr/en/enduranc...rs-of-le-mans/
Old 18 Aug 2021, 04:05 (Ref:4067335)   #1948
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
From what I understand, only Race 2 of Endurance Legends (Saturday morning) will be streamed https://www.peterauto.fr/en/enduranc...rs-of-le-mans/
Makes sense since R1 is on Friday.

Also the Road to Le Mans R1 isn't broadcasted, because as usual it is between the main race sessions on Thursday when only half of the circuit is covered with cameras. (https://www.youtube.com/c/LeMansCup)

The potentially crazy VW Fun Cup race is on Friday too.

Couldn't find info on the Porsche Sprint Challenge (ex Carrera Cup France?), but likely on Youtube.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 06:19 (Ref:4067338)   #1949
Mike E
Veteran

Link for Road to Le Mans race 2. Set your reminders!

https://youtu.be/KzaxBZ7PP_g
Old 18 Aug 2021, 08:35 (Ref:4067346)   #1950
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Makes sense since R1 is on Friday.

Also the Road to Le Mans R1 isn't broadcasted, because as usual it is between the main race sessions on Thursday when only half of the circuit is covered with cameras. (https://www.youtube.com/c/LeMansCup)

The potentially crazy VW Fun Cup race is on Friday too.

Couldn't find info on the Porsche Sprint Challenge (ex Carrera Cup France?), but likely on Youtube.
There's no coverage at all of the PSC or VW Fun Cup.