Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Aug 2016, 15:08 (Ref:3664368)   #176
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mazda are making it hard to pull for them. Why go off strategy when you are the fastest? It's almost like they are the once overweight girl with glasses who developed this very sweet and timid personality and who grew into a super model but, doesn't realize it. Mazda have no idea how to win a race. They've spent so much time in the back that, that is how they continue to race. Despite their obvious speed to everyone else.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 15:33 (Ref:3664376)   #177
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Either I had great timing yesterday or I was bad luck! I was logged in and watching the live streaming from the in-car cameras. I first went to the Ford GT and then to the Mazda and saw clear track in both of them. Stayed with the Ford GT for awhile and suddenly saw a view of the wall approaching with a big crunch. Great seeing the pit activity fix this with the IMSA Marshals standing around looking on sternly like law enforcement officers. Interesting that they stand right in front of the car until they are satisfied and then move out of the way. Imposing with those cop-like helmets. Are they carrying? With those looks one might think they could shoot the tires out if they weren't happy with the repair!

Next, I liked watching as the Mazda would finally catch up to the rear of the GTD's and GTLM's and then I would switch to the Ford GT knowing that it was in the back as the P's began to pass. Once it caught up to the main GTLM pack I would switch to Corvette as the P cars came through the traffic.

Finally, I was watching the Mazda in-car as it was putting down hot laps and moving through the traffic until I saw the Risi Ferrari get hit in real-time and the train of P's going through on the right side.

Like I said, I had either good timing seeing a lot of action or I was bad luck. I will say that I have good timing!
Old 8 Aug 2016, 15:33 (Ref:3664377)   #178
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuss View Post
Mazda are making it hard to pull for them. Why go off strategy when you are the fastest? It's almost like they are the once overweight girl with glasses who developed this very sweet and timid personality and who grew into a super model but, doesn't realize it. Mazda have no idea how to win a race. They've spent so much time in the back that, that is how they continue to race. Despite their obvious speed to everyone else.

On the reverse end we need to show Action Express some love. Perhaps they have not gotten much over the years being they are a Grand Am original team. But yeah look at them. Their cars the Corvette DPs, are fast, reliable, look great in both paint schemes, and have solid drivers and crews. They don't mess up much. They got a star driver in Dane Cameron along with 3 solid pros in C Fitt, Barbosa, and Curren. I feel under the new DPI's in 2017. Action Express will remain the team to beat.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 15:42 (Ref:3664381)   #179
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Either I had great timing yesterday or I was bad luck! I was logged in and watching the live streaming from the in-car cameras. I first went to the Ford GT and then to the Mazda and saw clear track in both of them. Stayed with the Ford GT for awhile and suddenly saw a view of the wall approaching with a big crunch. Great seeing the pit activity fix this with the IMSA Marshals standing around looking on sternly like law enforcement officers. Interesting that they stand right in front of the car until they are satisfied and then move out of the way. Imposing with those cop-like helmets. Are they carrying? With those looks one might think they could shoot the tires out if they weren't happy with the repair!

Next, I liked watching as the Mazda would finally catch up to the rear of the GTD's and GTLM's and then I would switch to the Ford GT knowing that it was in the back as the P's began to pass. Once it caught up to the main GTLM pack I would switch to Corvette as the P cars came through the traffic.

Finally, I was watching the Mazda in-car as it was putting down hot laps and moving through the traffic until I saw the Risi Ferrari get hit in real-time and the train of P's going through on the right side.

Like I said, I had either good timing seeing a lot of action or I was bad luck. I will say that I have good timing!
We shall blame everything on you!
Old 8 Aug 2016, 19:10 (Ref:3664419)   #180
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
We shall blame everything on you!
Yeah, I have good timing for that too!

I do like the proliferation of cameras.

One question though. Why does the Ford GT fart so much and so loudly? Great looking car and I love their success and the sound of the engine accelerating but then there's that other sound. In a sport where sounds are greatly appreciated, I think this is a bit unusual?
Old 8 Aug 2016, 19:59 (Ref:3664427)   #181
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Yeah, I have good timing for that too!

I do like the proliferation of cameras.

One question though. Why does the Ford GT fart so much and so loudly? Great looking car and I love their success and the sound of the engine accelerating but then there's that other sound. In a sport where sounds are greatly appreciated, I think this is a bit unusual?
I presume it's some form of anti-lag?

It sounded awful in the DP, and awful still in the GT. It really only happens under partial throttle, so I'm actually not entirely sure.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 20:53 (Ref:3664435)   #182
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought it was TC. V6s typically sound like hot garbage to me anyway.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 21:29 (Ref:3664445)   #183
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I thought it was TC.
That's what I thought, too.
Quote:
V6s typically sound like hot garbage to me anyway.

Especially on a late model Camaro or Mustang. What's the point?
Old 8 Aug 2016, 21:39 (Ref:3664446)   #184
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I presume it's some form of anti-lag?

It sounded awful in the DP, and awful still in the GT. It really only happens under partial throttle, so I'm actually not entirely sure.
I just had an idea. My old man worked in the Ford plants in the early days and even saw 'Old Man Henry' on occasions. My father wasn't an engineer but, in his later years, he had an idea about an air-driven car.

When putting this memory together with the 'puttttttttttt' that the EcoBoost does on deceleration today, can it be that like a big tractor-trailer diesel that uses their engine-bladder-braking system, Ford is using turbo back pressure to slow down without using their brakes? Use turbo back pressure for air-driven braking?

I don't know if this is what is happening or not but, I am going to use this explanation when I make the same noises!
Old 8 Aug 2016, 22:14 (Ref:3664451)   #185
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Big props to IMSA for posting the radio feed on the youtube race replay. Its not just the commentary but you get the race free of commercial breaks so you dont lose 5 minutes of race time. Also no more stupid "tech tire tips" segments.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 22:20 (Ref:3664453)   #186
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Big props to IMSA for posting the radio feed on the youtube race replay. Its not just the commentary but you get the race free of commercial breaks so you dont lose 5 minutes of race time. Also no more stupid "tech tire tips" segments.
Delayed gratification? Just kidding as this is great for the gear heads and tech heads.

Posting the commentary with the great visuals is the way that you grow an audience.
Old 9 Aug 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3664633)   #187
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I thought it was TC. V6s typically sound like hot garbage to me anyway.
Agreed. The Ford GT sounds like

(there's no poop smiley as far as I know, so the pooping bear will have to do.)
Old 9 Aug 2016, 14:58 (Ref:3664638)   #188
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
At this point no two cars in the field share the same rule book besides the Dallara and Coyote so that doesn't mean much.
And this relates to my original post how?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 9 Aug 2016, 16:10 (Ref:3664655)   #189
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
��You gotta use your own (poop smiley)

It showed up for two seconds but refreshing the page killed it.

Tentenths needs poop smiley support.
Old 9 Aug 2016, 17:41 (Ref:3664683)   #190
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
We demand a poop smiley!
Old 9 Aug 2016, 17:48 (Ref:3664685)   #191
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
is a semi poop smiley.

L.P.