Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 2 Oct 2018, 17:16 (Ref:3854109)   #121
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mercedes-Benz B-Class

4.36 m long
115-190 hp engines
Front-wheel drive only

Old 2 Oct 2018, 19:25 (Ref:3854142)   #122
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
That's an SUV?? Looks like more like a hatchback that grew a bit, a TINY bit
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 2 Oct 2018, 19:40 (Ref:3854150)   #123
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It's not an SUV. All Mercedes SUVs are prefixed GL - the new GLB is due soon.

'a practical SUV below the GLC and above the sleek GLA. The Mercedes GLB will feature Front Wheel Drive, will be almost 4.60 meters long and have an angular shape'

The B-Class is a compact car - 'The future B-class will be Mercedesí first compact model to switch to a new, upgraded MFA architecture, hardly changed size-wise.'
Old 3 Oct 2018, 06:49 (Ref:3854223)   #124
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Definitely a 5 seat ĎMPVí according to the motoring press, which is what the previous version was also defined as. Direct competitor to the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer. Petrol and Diesel engines only.

Impressive drag coefficient though- 0.24 cd.......
Old 3 Oct 2018, 14:35 (Ref:3854288)   #125
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know. I just didn't want to create a sparsely populated MPV thread.

Anyway, several so-called crossovers are actually tall hatchbacks too.
Old 3 Oct 2018, 14:56 (Ref:3854293)   #126
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I know. I just didn't want to create a sparsely populated MPV thread.
I understand the avoidance of a separate MPV thread, but wouldn't the B-Class fit better in the 'Small and Family Cars' thread?
Old 7 Oct 2018, 15:12 (Ref:3855211)   #127
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Such a tiny bit that it kinda just looks out of proportion than anything else. Bonnet looks like it melted.
Old 17 Oct 2018, 14:37 (Ref:3857281)   #128
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
BMW X7

5.15 m long
265-400 hp

Old 17 Oct 2018, 16:37 (Ref:3857310)   #129
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
I hope that front end looks better in real life than that image
Old 18 Oct 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3857600)   #130
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not even going to mention the front end, that's just bad. But the rear arch is all out of proportion too. The gap between the wheel and the window is massive. It makes the car look stretched height-wise.
Old 18 Oct 2018, 20:00 (Ref:3857612)   #131
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
The whole car looks out of proportion.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 04:17 (Ref:3857661)   #132
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It looks awful. Without BMW badges on it I would have thought it was a badly executed Chinese knock off.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 07:52 (Ref:3857681)   #133
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
It looks awful. Without BMW badges on it I would have thought it was a badly executed Chinese knock off.
A bit like the X1 front end
Old 19 Oct 2018, 14:57 (Ref:3857748)   #134
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Spot on! Except the knock off would probably have looked better......

Hideous!
Old 19 Oct 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3857779)   #135
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote: