Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Aug 2018, 22:55 (Ref:3843920)   #301
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
BMR had 3, now 2. https://www.touringcars.net/2018/07/team-bmr-sell-tbl-as-josh-price-departs-the-btcc
I believe the TBL used by Plato is now held by Plato, as a result of other financial matters at BMR.
Old 16 Aug 2018, 06:18 (Ref:3843947)   #302
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I believe the TBL used by Plato is now held by Plato, as a result of other financial matters at BMR.
That’s definitely interesting and would point to what Plato maybe planning in the future perhaps?
Old 16 Aug 2018, 07:24 (Ref:3843951)   #303
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
thats rubbish. toca always state any changes in tbl ownership. like they did last month with the bmr one going to pmr.
Old 16 Aug 2018, 07:35 (Ref:3843955)   #304
Redshift
Rookie

Redshift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
thats rubbish. toca always state any changes in tbl ownership. like they did last month with the bmr one going to pmr.
Who's to say that there isn't a contract to transfer the TBL to him at the end of the 2018 season?
Old 16 Aug 2018, 07:56 (Ref:3843956)   #305
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Who's to say that there isn't a contract to transfer the TBL to him at the end of the 2018 season?
and whos to say there is?
i think i'll wait to hear it offically instead of accepting someone randomly saying it on a forum
Old 16 Aug 2018, 09:03 (Ref:3843965)   #306
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...must get very boring on an active forum where we just wait to confirm an official version of events that we can just read elsewhere rather use a bit of imagination and opinion to discuss and speculate ideas
Old 16 Aug 2018, 09:24 (Ref:3843968)   #307
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
...must get very boring on an active forum where we just wait to confirm an official version of events that we can just read elsewhere rather use a bit of imagination and opinion to discuss and speculate ideas
i like imaginative specualtion and discussion!
but thats very different from when people go on a forum and state misinformation as being 'facts'
Old 16 Aug 2018, 11:06 (Ref:3843979)   #308
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plato sure likes the sound of his own voice....
Old 16 Aug 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3843987)   #309
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Well something flicked Mr Plato's switch prior to him banging in that qualy lap at the weekend; as he likes to remind people from time to time you do not forget how to race, so I would suggest something has lifted his spirits and had a positive effect.

So maybe he has a deal lined up, or is in the latter stages of lining one up. Maybe that includes some part or parts of BMR. Maybe not.

It'll be wait and see unless he gets spotted somewhere or in the company of someone...
Old 16 Aug 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3844059)   #310
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We’ll see how the rest of his season goes. I remember not being too impressed with his performances in the last two meetings of 2017
Old 16 Aug 2018, 19:00 (Ref:3844081)   #311
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Well something flicked Mr Plato's switch prior to him banging in that qualy lap at the weekend; as he likes to remind people from time to time you do not forget how to race, so I would suggest something has lifted his spirits and had a positive effect.

So maybe he has a deal lined up, or is in the latter stages of lining one up. Maybe that includes some part or parts of BMR. Maybe not.

It'll be wait and see unless he gets spotted somewhere or in the company of someone...
If I had him in my team, and it took acquiring his own TBL before he performed to his potential, I'd be pretty disappointed?
Old 20 Aug 2018, 13:58 (Ref:3844981)   #312
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
So Shedden is getting more vocal about his Audi being crap and his teammates cars being better.

Sounds a bit JP, but in fairness to Sheds he is a handy driver and his teammates are faster.

I wonder if this is a prelude to a "******** to this, hello Matt, I'm coming home, put the kettle on" ?
Old 20 Aug 2018, 14:06 (Ref:3844982)   #313
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well more and more drivers seem to be returning to the BTCC, so I wouldn’t rule it out
Old 20 Aug 2018, 14:07 (Ref:3844983)   #314
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
So Shedden is getting more vocal about his Audi being crap and his teammates cars being better.

Sounds a bit JP, but in fairness to Sheds he is a handy driver and his teammates are faster.

I wonder if this is a prelude to a "******** to this, hello Matt, I'm coming home, put the kettle on" ?
Ive thought this, been to 2 rounds this year, and on both occasions mr Sheddon was sniffing about the Dynamics garages, having a joke with the mechanics.

Whilst its good to keep in touch with old friends, and he was there a number of years, I couldnt help feel that he hadnt really let go of being their driver.

Personally I dont think its really working out with Cammish quite how they expected, and I dont think this is helping him settle in, I wouldnt be surprised to see Sheddon back next year
Old 20 Aug 2018, 14:42 (Ref:3844993)   #315
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd happily welcome Shedden back in Dynamics but only if he is to replace Neal not Cammish. Cammish may have not been as good as some expected but still it's his first season and he needs to adapt. I think BTCC needs such drivers in top teams because how long are we going to watch Neal, Shedden, Collard, Plato?
Cammish should stay and be given a chance to prove himself in the second straight season in the same team, the same car. It's way too early to lay him off after one season only.
Old 20 Aug 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3844996)   #316
S griffin
Veteran

I was thinking the same thing. Flash comes back to replace Neal and Cammish stays, as I think he has the potential to do better next season
Old 21 Aug 2018, 11:54 (Ref:3845186)   #317
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you really think that Shedden would want to return to BTCC 'with his tail between his legs'? Surely he would want to prove himself in WTCR?

Perhaps BTCC drivers are not the 'greatest' in the world of Touring Cars after all...
Old 21 Aug 2018, 12:04 (Ref:3845191)   #318
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
Do you really think that Shedden would want to return to BTCC 'with his tail between his legs'? Surely he would want to prove himself in WTCR?

Perhaps BTCC drivers are not the 'greatest' in the world of Touring Cars after all...
Nothing but idle chit-chat, keep it cool.
Old 21 Aug 2018, 19:30 (Ref:3845267)   #319
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Nothing but idle chit-chat, keep it cool.
Sorry, don’t get it. I give a view and get told to keep it cool....

Surely the point of a forum such as this is to encourage discussion...

Very odd statement from you...
Old 21 Aug 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3845268)   #320
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post

I dont think its a tail between legs situation necessarily, hes still hanging around the paddock all the time. Tordoff for example went away for a year and came back, sometimes you just need a change of scenery and focus for a while to give you your mojo back
Old 21 Aug 2018, 23:16 (Ref:3845296)   #321
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is Shedden, as a triple BTCC champion didn't prove himself (and BTCC) abroad and it may just look that this is not the level of international racing. I'm not saying it is like that, there are too many factors that decide about Gordon's results in WTCR. But coming back home after one poor season in 'World Cup' would be seen as kind of walkover or just giving up.
Old 22 Aug 2018, 08:48 (Ref:3845338)   #322
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
this is true, but sometimes people just struggle to settle in a new environment when they have been comfortable in their surroundings for a long time, and that could well be why he is there pretty much all the time at BTCC still. To be honest id like to see him give the world tcr a fair crack but i wouldn't blame him and wouldn't rule him out for coming back sooner rather than later
Old 22 Aug 2018, 09:03 (Ref:3845339)   #323
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People seem to be neglecting the following facts with Shedden’s performance in the WTCR:

1. Different type of car – NGTC and TCR are massively different. As many drivers have proven, switching between NGTC and other touring formulas can produce mixed results. Drivers that performed well in S2000 really struggled with NGTC (Gio’, Boardman, and initially Chilton) the cars clearly require a different style of driving. Conversely, look at how well Dan Lloyd and Aiden Moffatt have gone in TCR compared to middling performances in NGTC machines (yes it could be argued that’s against a smaller, less experienced field).

All of Shedden's BTCC championship wins have come from the same car. He clearly gelled with the NGTC Civic and it worked for him, perhaps his driving style just doesn't work with the TCR car.

I'd also like to see how the other top WTCR drivers would fair in NGTC machinery. History has shown us that on a level playing field a BTCC driver (Turkington in the WSR S2000 BMW E90) can embarrass the rest of the WTCC field, so it’s not fair to say that Shedden is not on par with the rest of the field just yet.

2. Circuits – Shedden’s career hasn’t seen him race regularly on the international scene so the WTCR’s calendar is taking him to circuits that he may be racing on for the first time. Compare that to racing on the same circuits for the last decade or more then there’s a huge gulf in experience.

I guess the bigger question is what does he want to do with himself? Neal has been happy to stick to what he knows without chasing the international dream. He’s a businessman with a family and that clearly meant more. Compare his career to Andy Priaulx’s who has had seats in BTCC, DTM, GT, WEC and LeMans, with each step taking him higher and higher. Is that what Shedden is now going for?
Old 22 Aug 2018, 09:05 (Ref:3845340)   #324
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
What is this different driving style that people speak of for NGTC? Can anyone shed any light on it?
Old 22 Aug 2018, 10:05 (Ref:3845345)   #325
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
What is this different driving style that people speak of for NGTC? Can anyone shed any light on it?

My understanding is that the suspension in NGTC cars handles quite differently to production bodied touring cars resulting in quite a soft setup with lots of body roll. People often say NGTC is closer to a silhouette series a bit like the Aussie Super Cars.