Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:47 (Ref:778392)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super Truck Racing

I just got the SuperTruck Racing on PS2-
it is a fun game, the graphics are nice, a little on the easy side. You do get a good sense of speed -in Car, but out side it feels slow, even if you have to muscle the truck around and fight understeer- snapping into oversteer.
good AI for the close bits, but it gives up easy.
of course put a wheel wrong and they come barreling at you in the rearview. I like Supertrucks and the game is worth a rent- buy it if you like the races. Music is annoying, and the Droning engine sound is a bit much, but it doesnt sound like a regular racer definately big bore low rev diesels- nice detail and damage bits, each truck has a very different looking engine and you can see the turbo plumbing cool. Only gripe are the tracks. Wht tracks are these exactly? There is a funny track called Palmbeach USA, it is VeRY similar to LongBeach GP run backwards...and well Lausitz in field is in it, so is the Dover delaware in field track, and a dumb US oval track (which is called North or TExas...) but looks alot like indy, this 'oval' is just a flat out get infront track, no Throttle modulating
just don't get touched, you'll spin out.
The Arcade mode is actually a good challenge, the Championship mode is real easy at first, gets respectable at the final championship befor ehte special one,
The mode i haven't unlocked yet is Survival, where it is a championship lap Knockout. which sound best.
The Trucks are rated by handling acceleration and outright speed, in some bizarre system, it doesn't seem to correlate to what they actually do. High speed is rarely achieved do to the tracks but a fast accelerating truck (fast is used loosley) is noticable as different, just not a lot- lots of bars in the truck rating means little so far, the handling is noticed, as the better handling truck (Acete's truck is in the game! it is the best all arounder) is more sticky on track, but nothing GPLer's couldn't handle in a weekend, but a fun game, the arcade mode is good enough for me, and the survival mode i drool for.
It is fun and looks pretty good too, not GT3 but better than ProRacedriver or DTM race driver or what ever you wanna call it.
The down side is the sunset lighting at some tracks, just looks dumb.
but Racing In 'cab' is a good view and fun.
I recommend it, maybe 8 out of 10 not perfect but good easy fun, and just the novelty of it racing big lumbering trucks (and they drive lumbering too fun switch from EA F1 2002.)

Anyone have it yet?
Old 10 Nov 2003, 09:30 (Ref:778599)   #2
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, I'd been thinking about it, but reckon CM4 and GT4 are priorities. Thanks for the rundown, though.
Old 12 Nov 2003, 00:25 (Ref:780467)   #3
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you know I won al the championships, i need to win arcade mode yet.
easy, but fun stuff. Now the addition of a boost control for the turbo diesel (a push to pass button if you will) causes things to get interesting, hit the button (L3- as they don't tell you what to do) and the truck rockets to 175mph and it is nigh uncontrollable, but at least you make up some ground- and this is a limited option so you must use it wisely. Still one truck locked, hmmmm.
GT4 is a priority as is CM4 Krt917 is right, but this is a hoot.