Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Jan 2021, 15:43 (Ref:4029642)   #4051
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Oddly enough, 10 and 12 are probably my chassis although Dave Price told me they never allocated chassis to a particular driver. Is the Triplex photo from the Brands GP 1980? If so it looks like Rex Greenslade with the Motor sponsorship. He was a journalist for that publication. He finished 6th. The other chassis, No 11(?) won the race in the hands of Jeff Allam. The first international win for a Rover.

So that was 1980 and 1981. The same chassis raced as Sanyo in 1982 before changing to Group A and you have them in that trim so it is probably 1983 at the British GP and you can see the Soperman Rover ahead on the grid. All were run by TWR.
Interesting details there Peter. If you hover your mouse pointer over the images you should see my picture description (although as has been proven above, I'm not always accurate!)
Old 17 Jan 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4029645)   #4052
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Interesting details there Peter. If you hover your mouse pointer over the images you should see my picture description (although as has been proven above, I'm not always accurate!)
I always understood Rex ran with Motor mag decals but I just checked and yup, it was Jeff A so you have the winning car. The Mallory picture from 1981 I think is Pete Lovett.
Old 17 Jan 2021, 16:01 (Ref:4029646)   #4053
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I always understood Rex ran with Motor mag decals but I just checked and yup, it was Jeff A so you have the winning car. The Mallory picture from 1981 I think is Pete Lovett.
Thanks Peter, I will caption the Mallory picture accordingly.
Old 17 Jan 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4029648)   #4054
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
1981 Silverstone 6 Hours Race

Moving on to Group C cars now.
Click image for larger version

Name:	02 Patrese - Cheever Lancia Akin - Rhal - Lovett Porsche.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	4.76 MB
ID:	66445 Click image for larger version

Name:	06 Akin - Rahal - Lovett Porsche.JPG
Size:	5.21 MB
ID:	66446

Name:	07 Salmon - Phillips - Earle Ferrari.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	66447 Click image for larger version

Name:	12 Lola T296 BMW.JPG
Size:	5.33 MB
ID:	66448

Name:	16 Lloyd Dron Porsche 924 Carrera GTR.JPG
Size:	5.12 MB
ID:	66449 Click image for larger version

Name:	17 Bell  O'Rourke  Hobbs BMW M1.JPG
Size:	4.13 MB
ID:	66450
Old 17 Jan 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4029650)   #4055
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
1984 Silverstone 1000 km's

Name:	01 Derek Bell on the grid.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	5.14 MB
ID:	66451 Click image for larger version

Name:	02 Canon Porsce on the grid.JPG
Size:	4.60 MB
ID:	66452

Name:	03 Rolling Start.JPG
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	66453 Click image for larger version

Name:	06 Kremer Porsche.JPG
Size:	3.84 MB
ID:	66454

Name:	07 Canon Porsche.JPG
Size:	3.63 MB
ID:	66455
Old 17 Jan 2021, 18:37 (Ref:4029674)   #4056
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
# 4054 Good to see a 935, what a fantastic dream machine it was and stil is. I didn't remember this M1 at all, thanks. What a pity to drive often in the wet…
Old 18 Jan 2021, 03:37 (Ref:4029782)   #4057
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I didn't remember this M1 at all, thanks. What a pity to drive often in the wet…
Looks like a Group 5 spec. Wasnt EMKA something to do with Pink Floyd. (Not Mason, someone else)

Edit: Curiosity got me so looked up EMKA.... there was indeed a 'Floyd' link.
Quote:
EMKA Racing was a British racing team founded in 1980 by Steve O'Rourke, manager of the band Pink Floyd. The team ran under the name of EMKA Productions, the name of O'Rourke's management company. The team's name comes from O'Rourke's two daughters, Emma and Katheryne.

Last edited by E.B; 18 Jan 2021 at 03:41. Reason: more info added.
Old 18 Jan 2021, 07:40 (Ref:4029797)   #4058
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Loving these photos Viv. Thanks for posting.
Thanks for the encouragement Iain (and to Baub!)
Old 18 Jan 2021, 07:41 (Ref:4029798)   #4059
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Looks like a Group 5 spec. Wasnt EMKA something to do with Pink Floyd. (Not Mason, someone else)

Edit: Curiosity got me so looked up EMKA.... there was indeed a 'Floyd' link.
Once more you beat me to it E.B by answering your own question!
Old 18 Jan 2021, 08:33 (Ref:4029805)   #4060
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I watched the EMKA Aston at Le Mans, great play was made of the Floyd link.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 18 Jan 2021, 10:31 (Ref:4029821)   #4061
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I watched the EMKA Aston at Le Mans, great play was made of the Floyd link.

Nick Mason once bought me a shandy.
Old 18 Jan 2021, 10:45 (Ref:4029822)   #4062
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Loving these photos Viv. Thanks for posting.
+1 Viv.
Old 18 Jan 2021, 13:16 (Ref:4029842)   #4063
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Nick Mason once bought me a shandy.
Dont you call me Sandy, Shirley!
Old 18 Jan 2021, 18:44 (Ref:4029915)   #4064
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few from HSCC Donington 25th June 1981. Gloomy day, not many sharp ones. Seldon Classic Sports Cars: 11 Tony Spencer / Diva 10F, 70 John Brindley leads Stephen Mitchell in Lotus 23s, my scribble says Peter Harrington won in another 23. Start of the FJ race with 35 Peter Thomas / Lotus 22, Arthur Mallock / U2 and 21 John Narcisi / Lotus 20 who won. Lastly 17 Richard Daggitt / Scorpion/DKW, 19 Robert Saunders / Elva F/J lead John da Silva Lucas in a 550 Spyder and the Hon. Andrew Fellowes in his A6GCS.
Attached Thumbnails
HSCC Doni 25-6-81 CS1.jpg   HSCC Doni 25-6-81 CS2.jpg   HSCC Doni 25-6-81 FJ1.jpg  

HSCC Doni 25-6-81 HSR1.jpg  
Old 18 Jan 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4029917)   #4065
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice to see a Diva, thanks. We have only one here, the former owner was Just Jaeckin famous for his film Emmanuelle.
Old 18 Jan 2021, 21:03 (Ref:4029931)   #4066
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I worked at a kart centre near Swindon 15 years back, and Nick Mason sent his ex-Villeneuve Ferrari over for (I think) his wife to practice pulling away as she was due to drive it at the Festival a couple of weeks later. She was going to drive on the perimeter road around our hanger.

It came across on an open trailer, she flew in by helicopter, and the bloody thing wouldn't start. I did suggest it might be the coil but they didn't take kindly to my helpful comments.

Old 19 Jan 2021, 07:31 (Ref:4029969)   #4067
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I worked at a kart centre near Swindon 15 years back, and Nick Mason sent his ex-Villeneuve Ferrari over for (I think) his wife to practice pulling away as she was due to drive it at the Festival a couple of weeks later. She was going to drive on the perimeter road around our hanger.

It came across on an open trailer, she flew in by helicopter, and the bloody thing wouldn't start. I did suggest it might be the coil but they didn't take kindly to my helpful comments.

No glass of shandy for you then?
Old 19 Jan 2021, 07:44 (Ref:4029971)   #4068
midgetman
Veteran

I feel quite left out

Old 19 Jan 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4029972)   #4069
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
I feel quite left out
So, it was the coil then…
Old 19 Jan 2021, 08:01 (Ref:4029976)   #4070
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
So, it was the coil then…
There is always one bright spark in the crowd to help.....
Old 19 Jan 2021, 09:03 (Ref:4029985)   #4071
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
In a connected world, you need to be wired, dont you? Ho lÃ*, lÃ*, back to the pictures, "his majesty emperor" is waiting for the clearance! Maestro, please…
Old 19 Jan 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4029999)   #4072
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Maestro, please…
Your wish is my command. Me, Wroughton Sprint, 1999

BTW Gerard it's spelt "weird" not "wired".

Old 19 Jan 2021, 11:19 (Ref:4030003)   #4073
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Nice answer! Was it a turbocharged version? I saw that the Marina tends to attract pianos falling form the sky. Do you confirm?
Old 19 Jan 2021, 11:48 (Ref:4030005)   #4074
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Nice answer! Was it a turbocharged version? I saw that the Marina tends to attract pianos falling form the sky. Do you confirm?
It was the 2.0 naturally aspirated, although I did a couple of seasons with the Montego Turbo.

As for pianos, it was a Maestro. It rusted away in the time it took for the piano to hit the ground
Old 19 Jan 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4030029)   #4075
bauble
Veteran

England
Does anyone mind if I post a few picture, here?
Attached Thumbnails
022u.JPG   023g.JPG   036.JPG  

074m.JPG   080.JPG   083.JPG