Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Jan 2021, 15:30 (Ref:4030928)   #4101
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
My bet is a Bizzarinni 5300, Drogo bodied not BBM.
Correct, it was the Jamie mcIntyre / Mark Lewis car, I believe Mark made his circuit debut in it.
Old 24 Jan 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4030931)   #4102
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
M Viva, #4098 this IS understeering, yes? Is that you, Findus Lean cuisine????
Thanks RB, its not often I'm recognized to be right…
Old 24 Jan 2021, 15:42 (Ref:4030934)   #4103
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
M Viva, #4098 this IS understeering, yes? Is that you, Findus Lean cuisine????

I'll be having words with RB about that Gerard!
Old 24 Jan 2021, 15:43 (Ref:4030936)   #4104
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Having done a quick Google, I do believe that Max is correct, and it is their 5300. Thanks, Max.
Told you!
Old 24 Jan 2021, 15:48 (Ref:4030937)   #4105
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Having done a quick Google, I do believe that Max is correct, and it is their 5300. Thanks, Max.
Take THAT Stupido Club!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 24 Jan 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4030938)   #4106
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Max, aint you playing against your own people? This is stupid! So, its not now you're out of THE Club, you're member for life! Bachi-bouzouk!

What a nice ambiance we have here, good to read from you few days before we have, again, curfew and lock-down…
Old 24 Jan 2021, 15:54 (Ref:4030939)   #4107
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
M Viva, #4098 this IS understeering, yes? …
Quarry Corner, Castle Combe. Approached at top speed, over a blind crest left and soooo easy to go in too hot with the results you see on the screen. The road leads to grass all the way to the outside bank, it's caught out many an aspiring racer, your scribe among them.

Best corner in the world to be selling fresh underpants to new drivers at track days.

Old 24 Jan 2021, 16:19 (Ref:4030942)   #4108
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Best corner in the world to be selling fresh underpants to new drivers at track days.
I do remember a corner at Silverstone, a right, the surface is not flat, and my Corvette seemed like pulled out by an invisible force. I've been lucky because with a lot of work and lessive too, I could re-use my underwear. Was just!
Old 24 Jan 2021, 17:07 (Ref:4030947)   #4109
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Maybe you could give your President a few tips (on getting things right).
Old 24 Jan 2021, 18:22 (Ref:4030954)   #4110
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What's happening and not happening is a pure shame. Really. I guess we get what we deserve…
Old 25 Jan 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4031076)   #4111
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Quarry Corner, Castle Combe. Approached at top speed, over a blind crest left and soooo easy to go in too hot with the results you see on the screen. The road leads to grass all the way to the outside bank, it's caught out many an aspiring racer, your scribe among them.

I only raced at Coombe once (Easter Monday 1982) and on my second lap of practice thought why is everyone taking a wide line through the left-hander (Avon Rise) before Quarry Corner, I'll take a proper racing line which should also give me a wider entry into Quarry.
This was when I discovered the huge bump and headed towards Quarry with my car in mid air and facing the outside of the circuit! Fortunately & more by luck than judgement I still managed to get around the right-hander unscathed, but it where I discovered that adrenaline is sometimes brown!
Old 25 Jan 2021, 11:15 (Ref:4031088)   #4112
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I discovered that adrenaline is sometimes brown!
Being a wise man, you must have learnt the difference between balaclava and boxer shorts I guess… Good boy!
Old 25 Jan 2021, 12:55 (Ref:4031107)   #4113
midgetman
Veteran

I was probably there too Viva. I did the Special GT series for many years.

Old 25 Jan 2021, 13:06 (Ref:4031109)   #4114
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I was probably there too Viva. I did the Special GT series for many years.

OK Max, that's interesting. It was my second ever Mini Se7en race and for a while during practice I thought it was going to be my last!
Old 25 Jan 2021, 14:58 (Ref:4031125)   #4115
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
OK Max, that's interesting. It was my second ever Mini Se7en race and for a while during practice I thought it was going to be my last!

Oh! Well
Old 25 Jan 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4031126)   #4116
bauble
Veteran

England
Let's have some pictures .. just for a change;
Attached Thumbnails
1578.JPG   018.jpg   316.jpg  

731.jpg   929.jpg   IMG_1630.JPG  

Old 25 Jan 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4031127)   #4117
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My adrenaline moment came, as there seems to be discussion about it, at Snetterton, on the occasion that I first raced there. After each attempted hot lap of the circuit during practice, the spark plugs would burn out, and the engine would start to misfire badly. Result, I qualified in last place behind all the less powerful and slower cars.

Immediately after practice was over, Bert Avard, the engineer from Ford at Boreham who supervised the care of Roger Taylor's car, being the fair minded and true gentleman that he was, came over to us to offer some help if it was required. When he realised what spark plugs we were using, he immediately went back to his van, and got out some boxes of the Autolite racing plugs that they used and gave them to me.

We swapped them over, and on the first lap of the race, for the first time I was able to go full chat down the Norwich Straight. For those who might be a little younger than me and who haven't raced on the old circuit, the Straight was a little under a mile long and there was a tight hairpin at the end with a small grandstand opposite the apex. Well, I fair tore down there, but I hadn't established my braking point, so that by the time that I was almost on top of the grandstand, I was still pedal to the metal and, because everyone else had been braking, I found myself as being the leading car.

Realising my grave mistake, I virtually stood up on the foot brake, yanked on the hand brake and, praying that I wouldn't blow up the engine, threw it into first gear. And probably closed my eyes, as well. Next moment, the car did a 180, and I was facing pretty well the whole grid who miraculously all avoided me. Phew! The next few laps were used to find a proper breaking point, after I discovered that I hadn't done any damage to the engine.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4031130)   #4118
bauble
Veteran

England
Stop the chat;
Attached Thumbnails
072.JPG   IMG_2472.JPG   IMG_2720.JPG  

IMG_2755.JPG   IMG_2749.JPG   IMG_2866.JPG  

Old 25 Jan 2021, 15:20 (Ref:4031132)   #4119
bauble
Veteran

England
Le's hear it for British Sports Cars.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2884.JPG   IMG_3374.JPG   IMG_3378.JPG  

IMG_4372.JPG   IMG_4427.JPG   IMG_6855.JPG  

Old 25 Jan 2021, 15:37 (Ref:4031136)   #4120
bauble
Veteran

England
Porches;
Front sort.
Attached Thumbnails
140.jpg   IMG_2334.JPG   IMG_2410.JPG  

IMG_3453.JPG   IMG_2419.JPG   IMG_6286.JPG  

Old 25 Jan 2021, 16:13 (Ref:4031139)   #4121
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Love the 904 and James D always made a good job of driving it.
Old 25 Jan 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4031143)   #4122
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Porches;
Front sort.
#2 and #3 in this set are by far the best!

Me biased? Never!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 25 Jan 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4031154)   #4123
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British sports cars then...HSCC Donington Park 14th April 1984.
Bellini Models Historic Sports Car Championship.
17 Brian Ashby / Lola Mk1 followed by Jem Marsh.
36 Peter L. Walker / Lola Mk1 followed by Chris Drake, Lister Jaguar.
16 Colin Cooper / Killeen K1
43F Dennis Robbins / Sebring Sprite
41 Tim Walton / Frazer Nash Le Mans Replica MkII and 38 Jon Orr / Tojeiro Le Mans.
Attached Thumbnails
BelliniHSC_1.jpg   BelliniHSC_2.jpg   BelliniHSC_3.jpg  

BelliniHSC_4.jpg   BelliniHSC_5.jpg  
Old 25 Jan 2021, 18:20 (Ref:4031156)   #4124
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
British sports racing and F1 cars.
HSCC Donington 14th April 1984, Atlantic Computers Historic GT race
34 Richard Dodkins / B8, 36 Chris Aylett / B8
7 John Brindley / M1C and 8 David Franklin / M6B
69 Anthony M Griffin / B19 and 76 Chris Beauvoisin / Lola T212.
Waspeze F1 trophy race:
22 Mike Littlewood / Ensign N177 leads Ray Bellm / Williams FW07B and John Brindley / March Rothmans 821
4 David Andrews / BRM P160
Attached Thumbnails
HSGT1.jpg   HSGT2.jpg   HSGT3.jpg  

HSGT4.jpg   WaspezeF1_1.jpg   WaspezeF1_2.jpg  

Old 25 Jan 2021, 18:28 (Ref:4031157)   #4125
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
HSCC Donington 14th April 1984.
John Lelliott Post Historic Road Sports Championship.
47 Don Hands / Elan S2
5 David Barraclough / GT350
63 David Walters / Alfa GTJ, 86 John Ward / S800, 855 Simon Ford / S800
44 Trevor Needham / G4 leads David Chaney / Marcos GT fastback and Des Cassidy / Cobra.
35 Ian Pearce / 240Z.
Attached Thumbnails
PHRS1.jpg   PHRS2.jpg   PHRS3.jpg  

PHRS4.jpg   PHRS5.jpg