Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Feb 2021, 09:49 (Ref:4033718)   #4201
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Formula Ford ... I think.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7401.JPG   IMG_7405.JPG   IMG_7407.JPG  

IMG_7414.JPG   IMG_7415.JPG   IMG_7419.JPG  

Old 6 Feb 2021, 09:55 (Ref:4033719)   #4202
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More of them;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7656.JPG   IMG_7689.JPG   IMG_7691.JPG  

IMG_7696.JPG   IMG_7702.JPG   IMG_7752.JPG  

Old 6 Feb 2021, 10:27 (Ref:4033724)   #4203
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Formula Ford ... I think.
Not with wings and slicks Bob.... maybe FF2000 (or even F3). Delta will know!
The second batch (#4202)today look like FF.

Happy to be corrected.
Old 6 Feb 2021, 10:36 (Ref:4033727)   #4204
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
A selection from the archives, that i can not name;
Getting a touch Radical there.
Old 6 Feb 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4033743)   #4205
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Not with wings and slicks Bob.... maybe FF2000 (or even F3). Delta will know!
The second batch (#4202)today look like FF.

Happy to be corrected.
Here we have a perfect example of what I was saying on the Puzzle thread,

Most posters know diddly squat about proper, Classic Racing Cars, but when it comes to the time when every Tom, Dick, and Harry with a bag of spanners, and a hack saw, was knocking out 'racing cars' in his garden shed, they know chapter and verse.

See what I mean?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7810.JPG   IMG_7802.JPG   IMG_7796.JPG  

IMG_7803.JPG   IMG_7805.JPG   IMG_7798.JPG  

Old 6 Feb 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4033751)   #4206
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Who, what, where & when?

Oops, wrong thread!
Attached Thumbnails
Who What Where & When.JPG  

Last edited by VIVA GT; 6 Feb 2021 at 16:12. Reason: My silly mistake!
Old 6 Feb 2021, 19:45 (Ref:4033763)   #4207
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A young F1 driver and his wife. Ceremonial lap. Donington Park. 1990s.
Old 6 Feb 2021, 20:22 (Ref:4033766)   #4208
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
A young F1 driver and his wife. Ceremonial lap. Donington Park. 1990s.
No, definately 80's. PM sent to Viv.
Old 6 Feb 2021, 22:05 (Ref:4033774)   #4209
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
No, definately 80's. PM sent to Viv.
He already has my attempt and I reckon 1970.
Old 6 Feb 2021, 22:54 (Ref:4033777)   #4210
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
He already has my attempt and I reckon 1970.
Donington was not open then!
Old 6 Feb 2021, 23:40 (Ref:4033779)   #4211
bauble
Veteran

England
[QUOTE=rbs;4033777]Donington was not open then![/QUOI

i don't think it is Donington for that reason.
Old 7 Feb 2021, 04:52 (Ref:4033794)   #4212
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Where else in UK had a Dunlop Bridge?
I think it is Donnington for that reason.
Old 7 Feb 2021, 09:16 (Ref:4033801)   #4213
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Probably is Donny in the mid 80s
Old 7 Feb 2021, 09:17 (Ref:4033802)   #4214
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As I already wrote in a PM to Viva, I don't have a clue about driver, when, where or why, but I don't think that the questioner has said that it was taken in the UK. Is it possible that it was taken at Le Mans many moons ago?
Old 7 Feb 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4033803)   #4215
Kylegibson
Rookie

England
God's County
Kylegibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Where else in UK had a Dunlop Bridge?
I think it is Donnington for that reason.

Oulton Park?
Old 7 Feb 2021, 09:48 (Ref:4033805)   #4216
bauble
Veteran

England
[QUOTE=bauble;4033779]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Donington was not open then![/QUOI

You may or may not, know, that when you take a photo with a digital camera, along with the image, the camera also records information about the picture. It records the time and date, the shutter speed, size, device (Canon etc.), so that when viewing the picture on a computer, you can call up this information. Naturally this does not work on pre-digital images, however, I tried it on Viv's picture, and to my surprise it actually came up with a date 1st. January 1970, 1.7mb, 1/20 shutter speed, and 'device' scanner.

From Viv's previous postings i would have said it was taken mid 85, and as many have said at Donington, because of the bridge. I stressed 1970 in my reply to check just how accurate the information was. Not very obviously.

So back to reality, and once again from previous Viv efforts it might
have been taken at a Rally?.

Having been thoroughly mis lead by VivaGT, and his out dated scanner, I will delve further.
Old 7 Feb 2021, 10:09 (Ref:4033806)   #4217
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You may or may not, know, that when you take a photo with a digital camera, along with the image, the camera also records information about the picture. It records the time and date, the shutter speed, size, device (Canon etc.), so that when viewing the picture on a computer, you can call up this information. Naturally this does not work on pre-digital images, however, I tried it on Viv's picture, and to my surprise it actually came up with a date 1st. January 1970, 1.7mb, 1/20 shutter speed, and 'device' scanner.

This is only of use provided that the date/time was set correctly on the device. Some people never bother to do this, and the device will then show a default date/time.
Old 7 Feb 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4033809)   #4218
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
This is only of use provided that the date/time was set correctly on the device. Some people never bother to do this, and the device will then show a default date/time.
Beat me to it.... I personally have suffered this problem from photos of mine taken apparently before I had a digital camera.
I seem to recall having taken photos in Spain, at Sandown Park, and Phillip Island on the same day
Old 7 Feb 2021, 10:18 (Ref:4033811)   #4219
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The truck is a Renault so does that hint at a Renault race series? FWIW Castle Combe had a Dunlop bridge into the paddock from Camp corner I think, but that's not Combe.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 7 Feb 2021, 11:24 (Ref:4033817)   #4220
bauble
Veteran

England
Can we shift this discussion over to the appropriate place?

That haemorrhaging VivaGT
Old 7 Feb 2021, 11:40 (Ref:4033823)   #4221
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mods?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 7 Feb 2021, 11:53 (Ref:4033826)   #4222
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Can we shift this discussion over to the appropriate place?

That haemorrhaging VivaGT
Sorry for disrupting your picture parade (and spoiling your weekend) Baub. I did re-post the picture & questions into the correct thread but was unfortunately unable to delete the image from here.
Unsurprisingly I've had a correct (and almost instant) reply from rbs, an incorrect stab in the dark from Mike Harte and (clearly trying to fill in for our currently absent French colleague) a couple of totally bizzarre & off the wall suggestions from Bauble by PM.
It was Martin Brundle at the 1984 Multipart Truck Grand Prix held at Donington Park. Initially the date I found for the event was 7th July which couldn't be right as that was the weekend of the Dallas Grand Prix when Brundle had a bad accident during his first flying lap of practice, badly damaging his ankles & legs (and Tyrrell!). I've now found a suggestion that the event was held 29/30 September which seems far more likely as I am sure that this was Martin's first return to a racing cockpit after that accident.
Thanks for all of your suggestions, and I'm glad that my subterfuge of scanning the pictures without setting the date etc. led Baub right off up the garden path!
Old 7 Feb 2021, 14:21 (Ref:4033849)   #4223
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Sorry for disrupting your picture parade (and spoiling your weekend) Baub. I did re-post the picture & questions into the correct thread but was unfortunately unable to delete the image from here.
Unsurprisingly I've had a correct (and almost instant) reply from rbs, an incorrect stab in the dark from Mike Harte and (clearly trying to fill in for our currently absent French colleague) a couple of totally bizzarre & off the wall suggestions from Bauble by PM.
It was Martin Brundle at the 1984 Multipart Truck Grand Prix held at Donington Park. Initially the date I found for the event was 7th July which couldn't be right as that was the weekend of the Dallas Grand Prix when Brundle had a bad accident during his first flying lap of practice, badly damaging his ankles & legs (and Tyrrell!). I've now found a suggestion that the event was held 29/30 September which seems far more likely as I am sure that this was Martin's first return to a racing cockpit after that accident.
Thanks for all of your suggestions, and I'm glad that my subterfuge of scanning the pictures without setting the date etc. led Baub right off up the garden path!
Does anyone wonder why i can't stand the bloke?
Old 7 Feb 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4033854)   #4224
bauble
Veteran

England
It's back to Bauble indulging himself today;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1326.JPG   IMG_1343.JPG   IMG_1349.JPG  

IMG_1355.JPG   IMG_1356.JPG   IMG_1360.JPG  

Old 7 Feb 2021, 14:45 (Ref:4033856)   #4225
bauble
Veteran

England
Wallowing in nostalgia;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1503.JPG   IMG_1508.JPG   IMG_1509.JPG  

IMG_1511.JPG   IMG_1512.JPG   IMG_1514.JPG