Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Jun 2022, 19:19 (Ref:4115951)   #501
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, it took me some time to find this

Turns out there's a minimum drive-time of 30 minutes for the DPi category. So in that case just 2 drivers actually driving would result in the car being moved to the rear of the finishing order.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 20:17 (Ref:4115967)   #502
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Not proposing a (last minute) driver change, just posting the question whether teams are allowed to use only 2 of their 3 listed drivers. Since it's a Pro class and (assumingly) driving times don't matter, why can't a team elect to 'bench' one of their listed drivers if it feels it brings an advantage to them? I'm just curious, not truly expecting any team to do so if allowed.

United announced they're skipping this race because their pay driver is having delayed back surgery. Petit is iffy also.
I would guess until the start of the event they'd have that freedom, think once the event opens they're stuck with benching being one stint. I think drive time minimum rules apply only for enduros since I thought I remembered something about a Pro class rule allowing a single lap to count, but it's been hot and my brain ain't great lately.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 00:26 (Ref:4115987)   #503
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I would guess until the start of the event they'd have that freedom, think once the event opens they're stuck with benching being one stint. I think drive time minimum rules apply only for enduros since I thought I remembered something about a Pro class rule allowing a single lap to count, but it's been hot and my brain ain't great lately.
Yes they may be required to run, but the organizers are pretty lenient if a situation arises. For instance if someone gets sick or hurt and can't physically drive then that's okay.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Old 17 Jun 2022, 13:20 (Ref:4116071)   #504
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Oh, it took me some time to find this

Turns out there's a minimum drive-time of 30 minutes for the DPi category. So in that case just 2 drivers actually driving would result in the car being moved to the rear of the finishing order.

Thanks. And interesting. Not what I expected for a Pro class (even more so when you look at GTD Pro).
Old 24 Jun 2022, 15:12 (Ref:4116825)   #505
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
IMSA has opened up as to why there have been so many dpi bop adjustments this year.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/i...t-adjustments/

Basically, last year with 3 manufacturers they wanted to not mess about too much, but this year GM and Honda have agreed that looking at bop on a track by track basis might make the most sense. These cars have been running for years at the same tracks and IMSA has the data to be able to determine where one manufacturer is stronger than the others and try to even things out.
Old 24 Jun 2022, 16:41 (Ref:4116837)   #506
tomcug
Veteran

Per-track BOP certainly makes sense as these cars have different strengths and weaknesses (well, if Caddys have any of these ). However the outcome is too random. We had a decent fight for the win at Belle Isle between the 01 Caddy and the 60 Acura, while Laguna Seca was an Acura snoozefest
Old 24 Jun 2022, 23:28 (Ref:4116871)   #507
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Per-track BOP certainly makes sense as these cars have different strengths and weaknesses (well, if Caddys have any of these ). However the outcome is too random. We had a decent fight for the win at Belle Isle between the 01 Caddy and the 60 Acura, while Laguna Seca was an Acura snoozefest
I suppose all the data in the world on these cars helps but in the end if track conditions are different you might get a different response. Also there are still set up choices to make and teams can make different choices which can have different outcomes given the track and conditions.

sent during haircut
Old 25 Jun 2022, 11:49 (Ref:4116892)   #508
tomcug
Veteran

Of course and I'm not saying IMSA is doing that on purpose. I'm sure they're giving their best to balance these two cars, it's just that BOP in general is a very very difficult job. At least unlike WEC, they try
Old 25 Jun 2022, 16:46 (Ref:4116919)   #509
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
then, take into effect, when the new LMDh/GTP chassis's come. By Daytona there will be a lot of information between the new and the older cars, if they're looking to keep them around for '23.
Old 25 Jun 2022, 18:30 (Ref:4116931)   #510
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
then, take into effect, when the new LMDh/GTP chassis's come. By Daytona there will be a lot of information between the new and the older cars, if they're looking to keep them around for '23.
The new cars replace DPi, all the current teams have new GTP cars. The older cars will be sold off and in Historic Racing within a year
Old 25 Jun 2022, 19:31 (Ref:4116935)   #511
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Shank Acura on pole @ Watkins Glen.

Pretty sure they will find a way (at least once) to screw up strategy and/or make stupid mistakes on track like they do 98% of the times and then be surprised they come up second best to the other Acura.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 15:48 (Ref:4117017)   #512
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Taking the current FCY time from the run time, we're now up to a maximum of 5 Hours of the Glen.

We're only 68 minutes into the race.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 15:51 (Ref:4117018)   #513
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
That race just hasn't started, has it ?

Old 26 Jun 2022, 15:58 (Ref:4117020)   #514
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
That race just hasn't started, has it ?

Let's put it this way - if you've just tuned in now (to see the #6 doing a Kolles), you've missed ~10 minutes of green.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 16:02 (Ref:4117021)   #515
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Let's put it this way - if you've just tuned in now (to see the #6 doing a Kolles), you've missed ~10 minutes of green.
No no, sorry to be so unclear.

I was in time for the green flag, but that race only goes from yellow to the next yellow...
Old 26 Jun 2022, 16:04 (Ref:4117022)   #516
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Ah, I get you. No worries.

As much as it's funny to meme on LMP3, it has been a long time since the engine in one gave up.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 16:05 (Ref:4117023)   #517
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
P3s making their presence felt.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 16:07 (Ref:4117024)   #518
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Edit - Nope, I am wrong.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 16:12 (Ref:4117025)   #519
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Why do they have a Dacia as a safety car?
(Man that one is ugly)

--

And now we have an LMP3 in 5th overall?
Old 26 Jun 2022, 16:21 (Ref:4117026)   #520
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Let's do another lap of yellow ...
Old 26 Jun 2022, 16:22 (Ref:4117027)   #521
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really struggle to watch these IMSA races. Caution is the word.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 16:23 (Ref:4117029)   #522
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I really struggle to watch these IMSA races. Caution is the word.
When they're racing, it's great.
When they're not, it's anything but ...
Old 26 Jun 2022, 16:24 (Ref:4117030)   #523
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
JJ was asleep and immediately loses all the positions made up by the good pit work

And now Mr. Nascar has been overtaken by the leading LMP2.

Last edited by gert; 26 Jun 2022 at 16:32.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 16:34 (Ref:4117032)   #524
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
That's an unusual crash for Lars Kern. I hope he's okay.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 18:21 (Ref:4117040)   #525
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
@Seb Montoya: that was unnecessary!