Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Dec 2013, 09:20 (Ref:3347951)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GRRC 72nd Members Meeting

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/members-me...s-meeting.aspx
Old 16 Jan 2014, 10:24 (Ref:3354626)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I presume most invites are now out for this... we are flatout finishing the Jaguar in time for testing in early March.
Engine fitted, loom fitted next week and then its final fit and road testing time! Cannot wait.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 10:33 (Ref:3354629)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've declined my invite, despite good progress in recent weeks I don't want to rush what I'm doing and certainly don't want to turn up with an under prepared car. I'm sure there are plenty of worthy entrants queueing up behind me. A shame in some ways as a genuine '63 grid would make me competitive on a good day.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3354637)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Joe really sorry to hear that - I thought after many years of talking about it we would finally be on the same grid!
Old 16 Jan 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3354778)   #5
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
sorry to hear that Zef

but clever to to pull the plug when facing the impossible
rather than shelling out for entry and then worrying about money down the drain....

I have taken my invite up with my Lotus 18 in the pre 61 race.
they billed my credit Card yesterday

Rudolf
Old 17 Jan 2014, 04:46 (Ref:3355018)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
I presume most invites are now out for this... we are flatout finishing the Jaguar in time for testing in early March.
Engine fitted, loom fitted next week and then its final fit and road testing time! Cannot wait.
Sadly I won't get to test, I'll have to rely on my memory of the circuit from the early 90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I've declined my invite, despite good progress in recent weeks I don't want to rush what I'm doing and certainly don't want to turn up with an under prepared car. I'm sure there are plenty of worthy entrants queueing up behind me. A shame in some ways as a genuine '63 grid would make me competitive on a good day.
Sorry to read that Zef.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 15:13 (Ref:3355188)   #7
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect to be out in the Attila. Rather a baptism of fire as I haven't driven it in anger yet but at least it's only a couple of years since I last drove the circuit.

R
Old 20 Jan 2014, 09:24 (Ref:3356158)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought I'd post a link to the races pages (since, until I checked I didn't know exactly what they were! :-

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/members-me...the-races.aspx
Old 20 Jan 2014, 09:50 (Ref:3356168)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I thought I'd post a link to the races pages (since, until I checked I didn't know exactly what they were! :-

Thanks John. So the Triumph 2000 who's wheels are being discussed elsewhere could be in the Sears Trophy, not the Gp1 race!
Old 20 Jan 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3356218)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the sympathy, but nothing to be sorry about, more enjoying the prospect of building a better car than anything at the moment. What I do with it I'll worry about later!

I'm guessing Richards going in the Sears Trophy with the Triumph.
Old 20 Jan 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3356230)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Thanks for the sympathy, but nothing to be sorry about, more enjoying the prospect of building a better car than anything at the moment. What I do with it I'll worry about later!

I'm guessing Richards going in the Sears Trophy with the Triumph.
Joe, enjoyment of building a (better or new) car far greater than many race meetings I've been to!

Tr2000 doing Sears would explain why Goody don't want Minilite style wheels, as is up to 1963......
Old 20 Jan 2014, 16:03 (Ref:3356298)   #12
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I get the opportunity to improve with 10 years race experience and more prep knowledge under my belt, and in addition another 10yrs collecting info, photo's and more period reference points.

For what little its worth, the rules regs and spec hasn't changed. THe key thing is the car's always been overweight. massively!

re T2000 exactly Mike, nice to See Richards got the nod again, hopefully he'll get someone to race with . . . . a Rover 2000TC would be good to see!!! was seriously considering doing a Zodiac a few years ago!
Old 21 Jan 2014, 12:11 (Ref:3356647)   #13
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Provisional schedule:

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/members-me...itinerary.aspx
Old 22 Jan 2014, 17:03 (Ref:3357121)   #14
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post

After reading that programme, I might have to raid the circuit armed with wirecutters
Old 22 Jan 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3357133)   #15
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Can't us mere plebs attend as spectators?
Old 22 Jan 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3357135)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Members are allowed to purchase four tickets.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 19:09 (Ref:3357165)   #17
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Eazy, peazy become a marshal.

Old 23 Jan 2014, 00:06 (Ref:3357235)   #18
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Eazy, peazy become a marshal.

30th March, no thanks It'll be snowing.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 16:11 (Ref:3363278)   #19
autoidiodyssey
Rookie

United States
Maryland
autoidiodyssey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I received and email from Goodwood the other day stating:

"An allocation of tickets will be released and available to purchase on a first come first served basis," and "This is an exclusive opportunity in 2014 for our loyal customers to see what benefits GRRC Members experience as part of their club Membership."

So perhaps all is not lost.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 16:35 (Ref:3363284)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Almost suggests ticket sales are not going well!

Old 5 Feb 2014, 14:16 (Ref:3364440)   #21
simon drabble
Veteran

is it too off message to admit as I dont race as much as most on this forum I am getting excited by this.... the Mk2 engine fires up hopefully this weekend for the first time now loom is installed and FIA inspection I think next week. First time I will drive it will be testing at Goodwood on 14th March - hope its dry!
Old 5 Feb 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3364441)   #22
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey Simon, exciting stuff! How long in gestation? 5 years? 6 years?
Old 5 Feb 2014, 14:29 (Ref:3364444)   #23
simon drabble
Veteran

I know - crazy long time and only 8 months late (was supposed to be ready for the Revival last year!) it will not be the quickest as we are running proper metal bumpers rather than fibre glass and I have reinstalled all leather and wood! However the result is a stunning car and hopefully will wherever possible be driven to the track and driven home afterwards... like it was a few years ago
Old 5 Feb 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3364463)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'm almost the same Simon. Engine due to be installed next week (ish), suspension still with the makers.............................
Old 5 Feb 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3364470)   #25
simon drabble
Veteran

Peter - so Cinders will make it to the ball...!! that is great news as I got the impression from previous comments you would miss the meeting