Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is the driver of the Grand Prix on the return to Mexico?
Nico Rosberg 14 38.89%
Lewis Hamilton 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 1 2.78%
Daniil Kvyat 3 8.33%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Valtteri Bottas 11 30.56%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Max Verstappen 0 0%
Sergio Perez 1 2.78%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Pastor Maldonado 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Kimi Räikkönen 1 2.78%
Fernando Alonso 1 2.78%
Felipe Nasr 0 0%
Alexander Rossi 0 0%
Will Stevens 0 0%
Jenson Button 4 11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Nov 2015, 15:20 (Ref:3587207)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of The Grand Prix: Mexican Grand Prix 2015

Why is the driver of the Grand Prix on the return to Mexico?
Old 1 Nov 2015, 21:46 (Ref:3587277)   #2
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is one of the few times where the option 'none' should have been available.. so i gave it to Alonso for still starting a race he knew was only going to be 1 laps long, just to please the fans.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 21:56 (Ref:3587284)   #3
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Yeah, you're right, no-one really did anything special today. Everyone finished pretty close to his teammate today.

I'll pick Button for correctly predicting Nasr's brake failure.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 23:23 (Ref:3587316)   #4
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suppose Kyvat. He wasn't far up ahead of Ricciardo but did pull a gap before and after SC, so he was legit faster than his very talented teammate, for once. He needs to do this more. Only prblem was losing 3rd, but it seemed like he couldn't do much about that, Bottas had so much more speed down that straight, the Renault was doing it's best imitation of a Honda.

Bottas was looking okay, but the move on Kimi was a bit aggressive, 50% his fault, 50% Kimi's.

Verstappen outperformed Sainz who was in mistakeville today, but then he himself lost positions to both FI's the maybe one of the Williams throughout the race, so it wasn't his usual standout performance.
Old 1 Nov 2015, 23:39 (Ref:3587325)   #5
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I think during the second half of the season Kvyat has been really close to Ricciardo
Old 2 Nov 2015, 00:11 (Ref:3587338)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bottas has to be a candidate. Really good drive and well ahead of his team-mate who has become a bit anonymous of late. Massa was driving well earlier this season and getting on top of Valtteri but now the Finn has found something again.

Nonetheless I'm going to give the credit to Rosberg on this occasion for resisting Hamilton. Lewis is a notorious hard charger for a win but even with the help of a safety car, he couldn't beat Nico today. Nico's line down to Turn 1 on lap one was also executed perfectly.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 00:46 (Ref:3587344)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nigel Mansell, for being the only F1 Champion to conduct a podium interview at the same track with a turn named after him.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 01:18 (Ref:3587351)   #8
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it was Nico today. He got pole, took the lead(which he hasn't in the past) and resisted Hamilton. It reminded me of his earlier performances at Spain and Austria - and Brazil last year. Taking the lead - and the win.

Honourable mention to Bottas. A decent drive for him. Another podium.

Wally of the race - Vettel.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 02:34 (Ref:3587372)   #9
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The problem is Nico had the race won from the first corner, it didn't really matter if Lewis was faster, they were always going to pit Nico with the better strategy since he was the leader, Lewis probably wasn't even allowed to go off strategy. He had no chance but to follow Nico home. Mercedes probably want Nico 2nd in the drivers championship more than they need Lewis to get another win.

Re Bottas, to be honest, if he can't beat Massa then he shouldn't be in F1. I know a lot of people will hate that comment because Massa is such a nice bloke, but he got the biggest beating by a teammate probably in F1 history, in the form of Alonso, and that's after years of being beaten by Schuey and, usually, Kimi, but Kimi has proven once again he's rather up and down and inconsistent with his performance year to year. 2008/09 was probably one of Kimi's off years, hence Ferrari firing him.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 12:25 (Ref:3587462)   #10
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
The problem is Nico had the race won from the first corner, it didn't really matter if Lewis was faster, they were always going to pit Nico with the better strategy since he was the leader, Lewis probably wasn't even allowed to go off strategy. He had no chance but to follow Nico home.
That's the same strategy they follow almost every race.
It has little or nothing to do with Mercedes preferring Nico to win.

I think pitting Lewis first would have been stupid
* it would have been contradictory to how they normally handle pitstops
* it would have appeared they preferred Lewis to win, not Nico.

You would have a point on Mercedes' possible preference - or how bad they want to finish 2nd in WDC as well - if Nico would have been 2nd on the road and called into pit first.
But that didn't happen.
Maybe next race? We'll see...
Old 2 Nov 2015, 13:18 (Ref:3587469)   #11
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Before the race had even started I was going to vote for Button on the strength of the fact that he was starting with a 70 place grid penalty, so to finish the same day would be an achievement! Having seen the race he still gets my vote as I think he did brilliantly with the machinery he was given for the race!
Old 2 Nov 2015, 13:33 (Ref:3587471)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Before the race had even started I was going to vote for Button on the strength of the fact that he was starting with a 70 place grid penalty, so to finish the same day would be an achievement! Having seen the race he still gets my vote as I think he did brilliantly with the machinery he was given for the race!
A lot of people appear to vote for Jenson because he is Jenson Button
Old 2 Nov 2015, 13:42 (Ref:3587472)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I vote for him because he is Mark Webber.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 14:07 (Ref:3587477)   #14
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rosberg.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 14:33 (Ref:3587484)   #15
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel, for showing he's got the stones to say sorry.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 15:31 (Ref:3587507)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
The problem is Nico had the race won from the first corner, it didn't really matter if Lewis was faster, they were always going to pit Nico with the better strategy since he was the leader...
i was a bit surprised with LH taking an extra two laps after NR had pitted.

Nico on lap 26, LH on 28, and then NR on 46 and LH on 48. if Nico's was the optimal strategy then why would LH wait an extra lap, rather why move one lap further away from the optimal strategy? so i feel like LH was trying to take a different approach which ultimately did not materialize as tire wear was higher than expected.

anyways i gave the vote to NR. he did what he had too and that was dominate his dominant team mate. small victory perhaps but something he can build on.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 15:49 (Ref:3587511)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On reflection though, Button for a superb drive from 70th on the grid to 14th.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 16:57 (Ref:3587540)   #18
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
On reflection though, Button for a superb drive from 70th on the grid to 14th.
90th
Old 2 Nov 2015, 17:11 (Ref:3587542)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
90th
Math was never my strong point, so even better.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 19:24 (Ref:3587590)   #20
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Math was never my strong point, so even better.
Likewise, but by my junior school maths level I reckon Jenson started 11th. in Singapore.

IE; 20 places back puts him last I'm the USA, 20 more and last in Russia, yet another 20 grid drops and he's last in Japan. That's sixty places, so 10 more and he is 11th. in Singapore!!!!!

It sounds whacky I know but how else can it work?

Maybe I should go back to skool.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 21:32 (Ref:3587631)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Likewise, but by my junior school maths level I reckon Jenson started 11th. in Singapore.

IE; 20 places back puts him last I'm the USA, 20 more and last in Russia, yet another 20 grid drops and he's last in Japan. That's sixty places, so 10 more and he is 11th. in Singapore!!!!!

It sounds whacky I know but how else can it work?

Maybe I should go back to skool.
I'm totally confused .
Old 2 Nov 2015, 21:57 (Ref:3587649)   #22
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I'm totally confused .
BJ! Logical! To go back 70 places Jenson has to go back in time, which makes him an ideal candidate to be the next Doctor Who.

Another possible scenario is that he drops places over the next few races until he has taken all 70 grid drops. OK so far?

So let us assume, for he sake of my maths, that JB qualifies 8th. in Brazil. He goes back ten places to the back of the grid, then in Abu Dhabi he qualifies 1st. (chuckle) he drops 18 places to the back of the field. Ah! There are no more races this year so he carries over a further 42 drops into 2016.

Not very good for our nice Mr Button, so I will stick with my original plan and he starts 10th. in Singapore.

Let us hope for the sake of our collective sanity he has no more engine/gearbox failures in the next two rounds.

Nurse The pills.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 22:04 (Ref:3587652)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
BJ! Logical! To go back 70 places Jenson has to go back in time, which makes him an ideal candidate to be the next Doctor Who.

Another possible scenario is that he drops places over the next few races until he has taken all 70 grid drops. OK so far?

So let us assume, for he sake of my maths, that JB qualifies 8th. in Brazil. He goes back ten places to the back of the grid, then in Abu Dhabi he qualifies 1st. (chuckle) he drops 18 places to the back of the field. Ah! There are no more races this year so he carries over a further 42 drops into 2016.

Not very good for our nice Mr Button, so I will stick with my original plan and he starts 10th. in Singapore.

Let us hope for the sake of our collective sanity he has no more engine/gearbox failures in the next two rounds.

Nurse The pills.
Doctor Who,

But bauble, you originally said Button would start 11th in Singapore. #20
Old 2 Nov 2015, 23:32 (Ref:3587678)   #24
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
By any logical scenario, a 70 place grid penalty would have had Jenson starting from the city centre in Mexico City.
Old 2 Nov 2015, 23:38 (Ref:3587680)   #25
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bottas. Got on the podium, which is about as high as anyone can get in a non-Mercedes. And did it despite the unwanted attention of hid fellow-Finn.

Obviously I could have gone for Rosberg, and I nearly did. It's just that the attempted Finnish fratricide swung it in VB's favour.

Vettel may have been having a bad day at the office, but Raikkonen is a clear winner of POTR. I was a big fan when he first came into F1, but he has been sliding downhill ever since. His radio transmissions and interviews are sometimes amusing, but his close-quarters driving is becoming something of an embarrassment.