Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Mar 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4042435)   #251
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I see that in F they are very happy to announce that schools remain open, in spite of some closures, and wish the teachers to have a jab asap…
As you said, Andy, ALL politicians.
Old 23 Mar 2021, 13:57 (Ref:4042441)   #252
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Albi, 9/11 April to be held on schedule, behind closed doors. Competitors with confirmed entry will receive a derogatory attestation to cross the country to this destination whatever their location. Dated two days ago. Puzzling.
Old 23 Mar 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4042448)   #253
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
The word isn’t “professional”, Will, it is “elite”. Now, what the definition of “elite” is is another matter!
For current testing I don't believe the drivers are specified to have to be elite/professional/paid.

Whether those drivers feel they could justify what they are doing to police if stopped on the way to/from the test session is another matter really.

For dispensation for racing abroad the definition of elite comes in?
Essentially I think they're saying for motorsport this is someone with an International licence doing an internationally recognised event.

(just my understanding!)
Old 23 Mar 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4042450)   #254
Will Nuthall
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Looking at today’s news it is going to be a push to justify any European trip for next six to eight weeks. Elite sportsman BS or not!
Race promotors should start making some solid decisions to allow us punters/customers to work out what we can do.
Understand their precarious position but most of us have agreed for them
to hold our entry fees until meetings are rearranged..
The pragmatists among us could think they will not postpone or cancel until all cash is in
What price Monaco Historics?
Agreed also, although the emphasis should be more on the event organisers than the specific race promoters. Race promoters have committed money to the event organisers and are at least in part beholden to them.
Old 23 Mar 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4042477)   #255
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I think you can travel with the elite sportsman tag if it’s a FIA event like Monaco Historics. It’s a nonsense but that’s the way it is.
I am thinking about organising soap box derby in Benidorm to see if that works as an access to Europe.
I understand your point Will but all businesses be it specific race/series organisers or meeting promotors schools tell their customers what’s happening or report what are the realistic chances of races happening
It seems to be give us your dosh and then we will see what happens
Had two letters asking for dosh today
Old 23 Mar 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4042486)   #256
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have t entered the CSCC meeting at Oulton on 10 April because I don’t think I should travel and stay overnight. MSVR say I can. In contrast Northamptonshire County Council appear to have told Silverstone that they can’t allow overnight stays until after 12 April.
I think that BARC and BRSCC have both postponed some meetings until after 12 April. It’s a mess, and the fact that we are having this discussion but none of us can point to definitive rules shows what a farce it is!
Old 23 Mar 2021, 17:20 (Ref:4042489)   #257
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I have t entered the CSCC meeting at Oulton on 10 April because I don’t think I should travel and stay overnight. MSVR say I can. In contrast Northamptonshire County Council appear to have told Silverstone that they can’t allow overnight stays until after 12 April.
I think that BARC and BRSCC have both postponed some meetings until after 12 April. It’s a mess, and the fact that we are having this discussion but none of us can point to definitive rules shows what a farce it is!
Silverstone could perhaps move the campsite to Buckinghamshire?

You think you have problems - we've got a confinement that isn't really a confinement at all!
Old 23 Mar 2021, 18:47 (Ref:4042524)   #258
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
We can't camp at Clay Pigeon in Dorset that weekend but I've been able to book hotel rooms because we're working.

There will always be anomalies as we open up, it's not perfect but I do support a slow and steady return to life. We've seen what happens when people just go about their business in the normal way.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 23 Mar 2021, 22:46 (Ref:4042579)   #259
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Silverstone could perhaps move the campsite to Buckinghamshire?
I'm sure that Mr Wheatcroft would have worked out which side of the county line to use ...
Old 24 Mar 2021, 06:19 (Ref:4042608)   #260
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
I understand your point Will but all businesses be it specific race/series organisers or meeting promotors schools tell their customers what’s happening or report what are the realistic chances of races happening.It seems to be give us your dosh and then we will see what happens
John, dont you think its worth a phone call now? Not to P-A L but PP direct. As we speak we had a lot of rumors and they must have had some too…
Old 24 Mar 2021, 10:37 (Ref:4042636)   #261
Will Nuthall
Racer

Quote:
I think you can travel with the elite sportsman tag if it’s a FIA event like Monaco Historics. It’s a nonsense but that’s the way it is.
I am thinking about organising soap box derby in Benidorm to see if that works as an access to Europe.
I understand your point Will but all businesses be it specific race/series organisers or meeting promotors schools tell their customers what’s happening or report what are the realistic chances of races happening
It seems to be give us your dosh and then we will see what happens
Had two letters asking for dosh today
Haha - yes and presumably LMC would be under the same umbrella as Monaco.

I think these series also understand that people are reluctant to hand over the dosh.
The question is, for the punter wanting to join these series asking for the dosh, if you don't hand over the dosh and get your name on the grid in the unlikely event the race does happen will it be full or not.
If it's going to be full and you won't be able to get in, worth handing it over, if it's not then wait and see.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4042638)   #262
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sounds like a snake biting its own tail.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 11:46 (Ref:4042653)   #263
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Fair, but disappointing, point!
I was told, about 12 years ago, that elitism, in relation to the Sillystone crassic. was a good thing.

Shove it up yer arse was my first thought. Especially as the bloke didn't know his own arse from his elbow.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4042654)   #264
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
It’s the superiority complex some in the Historic world have!
Comes from the breading!
Old 24 Mar 2021, 12:54 (Ref:4042669)   #265
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It’s the superiority complex some in the Historic world have!
Comes from the breading!
But we know that breeding and class (small “c”) are not the same thing. I suffered from being on the end of the “superiority complex” sometimes when in the RN, especially having been promoted from the ranks and speaking with a West Midlands accent.
I am with Joe.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 13:20 (Ref:4042675)   #266
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I started racing with BARC and 750 M/C back in the 70's. Happy days for sure.Moved into Historic Motorsport after Radicals and running Formula Renault cars,Historic Racing is way to expensive now for the likes of me and the bloke on the street. I've renewed my BARC membership this year.
When we had Colin's E Type for sale wealthy punters would come along and tell me how great they are and what racing they had done.
My mate was with me at the time and he said why dont you tell them what you have done in racing but I cant be bothered. My reply was also that they did not realize that this mate was the bloke that designed the most successful F1 car ever.
I suppose I should not complain as it keeps me busy.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 13:57 (Ref:4042686)   #267
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

So Le Mans Classic postponed to 2022
One puzzle solved!
Old 24 Mar 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4042688)   #268
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
One puzzle solved!
So is the 2022 LMC the postponed 2020 edition, or is it the 2022 edition? Will 2022 be postponed to 2023 or 2024? Or is 2022 being cancelled to make room for 2020?

These are important questions! .
Old 24 Mar 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4042703)   #269
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

No idea but they must have a lot of merch to get rid of so presumably it’s the 2120 race!
It’s the money!
Old 24 Mar 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4042705)   #270
Will Nuthall
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
So is the 2022 LMC the postponed 2020 edition, or is it the 2022 edition? Will 2022 be postponed to 2023 or 2024? Or is 2022 being cancelled to make room for 2020?

These are important questions! .

at least that ones ticked off - fully - officially...
Old 24 Mar 2021, 14:36 (Ref:4042707)   #271
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Presumably Monaco Historic's decision first or second week of April after all entry fees are sorted!!
My cynical side coming out!
Old 24 Mar 2021, 14:58 (Ref:4042711)   #272
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
One puzzle solved!
Sadly not a surprise, as with most other events so far . . . . haven't renewed my license yet as didn't think I'd be needing it in any hurry . . .may wait until next Feb at this rate, still in 34" trousers.
Old 24 Mar 2021, 15:18 (Ref:4042713)   #273
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Peter Auto running full CER meeting on Bugatti circuit first weekend of July 21 , now that dates available!
Old 24 Mar 2021, 15:38 (Ref:4042714)   #274
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
So is the 2022 LMC the postponed 2020 edition, or is it the 2022 edition? Will 2022 be postponed to 2023 or 2024? Or is 2022 being cancelled to make room for 2020? These are important questions!
Le Mans Classic 2020 is officially postponed to 2022. Another Le Mans Classic to be held on 2023, ce sera l'édition du millénaire.

May be we can add to the agenda what has just been announced by John Ruston, Historic Racing by Peter Auto, Le Mans circuit Bugatti, 3/4 July 2021. If possible…
Old 24 Mar 2021, 15:41 (Ref:4042715)   #275
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
My cynical side coming out!
I dont see anything cynical from you, John, just logical. I think Monaco entries were closed at the end of 2020.
So, where will you go this year with your wonders if I may ask?