Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Nov 2020, 10:33 (Ref:4015347)   #76
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope you chaps will enjoy some of the other features in the magazine, A report on a famous 24 hour race victory, interesting piece on some forgotten cars, while Morgan orientated it does have lot of other stuff as well.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 10:44 (Ref:4015349)   #77
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Glad to hear you're getting on OK with cleats Peter! The other thing to be aware of when using them is that your feet will get very wet in the rain as it gets in through the bolt holes.

The gear changing becomes second nature after a while...

I've ordered a copy of MOG - it will be a nice reminder of what was a brilliant day!
Rain?
Old 7 Nov 2020, 18:57 (Ref:4015383)   #78
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I've ordered a copy as well and I don't like Morgans. We have a V8 in the shop at the moment with a engine management problem. I am taking the car to an expert. I remember having a road car customer and him asking me to help turn his Morgan into a race car. I told him to buy a Caterham. He never came back to me, I did here a couple of years later that he rolled the car at Spa.Not surprised awful suspension. No body listens to me.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 19:10 (Ref:4015386)   #79
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I've ordered a copy as well and I don't like Morgans. We have a V8 in the shop at the moment with a engine management problem. I am taking the car to an expert. I remember having a road car customer and him asking me to help turn his Morgan into a race car. I told him to buy a Caterham. He never came back to me, I did here a couple of years later that he rolled the car at Spa.Not surprised awful suspension. No body listens to me.
Mike had one and he liked it
Old 7 Nov 2020, 20:44 (Ref:4015394)   #80
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yep he knew my thoughts .
Old 7 Nov 2020, 21:08 (Ref:4015395)   #81
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yep he knew my thoughts .
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Nov 2020, 07:26 (Ref:4015457)   #82
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
No body listens to me.
I heard about an accent which…
Old 8 Nov 2020, 08:28 (Ref:4015459)   #83
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've just bought a turbo trainer to replace the studio cycling classes I'm missing due to Lockdown 2. Then I can use my racer even though the front mech isn't working.

I don't like riding in anything other than cleats now, even in a spinning class. When I first changed I took two minutes off my 10 Mile TT time and climbed better. A cleated shoe has a firmer sole and more power is transferred to the pedals.

We've got some lovely riding round here, from the canal tow path of the Kennet and Avon to the quiet roads project of the Vale of Pewsey. There's also proper off road stuff up on Salisbury Plain, although one does have to be mindful of what's lying beside some of the tracks and collecting souvenirs isn't a good idea.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Nov 2020, 17:24 (Ref:4016021)   #84
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Lovely article Bob.Only gripe is, its Delta Motor Sport. Iain not Ian. Delta junior is Stewart not Stephen. Thank you Mike would of been well chuffed.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 17:26 (Ref:4016022)   #85
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
........Delta junior is Stewart not Stephen.
We thought it was Dave.

Quote:
Thank you Mike would of been well chuffed.
Yes he would have.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 17:28 (Ref:4016023)   #86
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well it happened, I fell off the bike and twisted my knee on Sunday. Getting back to normal now but due to commitments won't be out again until Friday afternoon. Will persevere with the cleats.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 18:10 (Ref:4016026)   #87
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ouch, glad it’s not badly broken and is getting broken. Luckily I’ve never had a major accident on my bike for ages. It’s not a nice experience
Old 11 Nov 2020, 18:24 (Ref:4016031)   #88
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well THAT'S tempting Providence

Old 11 Nov 2020, 21:03 (Ref:4016051)   #89
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
We thought it was Dave.

And yes, Mike would have been well chuffed
Old 11 Nov 2020, 21:39 (Ref:4016055)   #90
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Lovely article Bob.Only gripe is, its Delta Motor Sport. Iain not Ian. Delta junior is Stewart not Stephen. Thank you Mike would of been well chuffed.
You are always Iain to me, but probably the editor does not know that ,sorry about Stewart, however, I did try and call you to get a list of combatants, but you never rang back. Serves you right.

I am glad you all liked the report, I tried to sum up the spirit of the event, which was great to experience. I am sorry for those who missed it.

I also hope you found other things to enjoy in the mag, it is a very well produced publication.

Cheers,

bob.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 22:24 (Ref:4016065)   #91
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quite a bit of name dropping there and don’t worry we all make mistakes with names. Hopefully no one will notice

Glad the event went off alright, cycling is always fun, especially if you do it in groups and look forward to reading about more of these
Old 11 Nov 2020, 22:34 (Ref:4016067)   #92
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I’ve not read through yet but the chap running 74 miles did impress . Is this the sort of things Morgan owners do to pass the time . Ouch hope you recover soon Pete . I had fantastic ride home in the wind tonight . 15 miles and only 3. cars past me , this around 8 pm . Is there a lock down or something . Sorry I did not call you back Bob . Not very good with phones .
Old 11 Nov 2020, 23:26 (Ref:4016074)   #93
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
I’ve not read through yet but the chap running 74 miles did impress . Is this the sort of things Morgan owners do to pass the time .
Is it because the thing broke down 74 miles away from home?

Old 12 Nov 2020, 03:07 (Ref:4016091)   #94
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
We thought it was Dave.

Having been welcomed and greeted by Iain at Phillip Island with a "Hi Dave", I saw the funny side of that!

Quote:
Now I have seen it all.... Iain picking up other people's spelling and details.
Again Mike would have been impressed.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 09:34 (Ref:4016111)   #95
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Is it because the thing broke down 74 miles away from home?

Hmm. I suppose MG drivers are jealous of Morgan owners?
Old 12 Nov 2020, 09:41 (Ref:4016112)   #96
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
....I remember having a road car customer and him asking me to help turn his Morgan into a race car. I told him to buy a Caterham. He never came back to me, I did here a couple of years later that he rolled the car at Spa.Not surprised awful suspension. No body listens to me.
Where is the “like button”?
Old 12 Nov 2020, 09:49 (Ref:4016114)   #97
S griffin
Veteran

We had a like button here once, but I think it got dropped due to no popular demand
Old 12 Nov 2020, 11:49 (Ref:4016136)   #98
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
There's no like button "* proprement parler" but you still have a rating going from zero to five stars for each thread. Still its enjoyable to see the health of this part of the forum, not bad for an l'boys gang!
Old 12 Nov 2020, 15:55 (Ref:4016188)   #99
S griffin
Veteran

I have to say I’m enjoying this thread, really nice to see everyone is enjoying their cycling. It’s no doubt keeping you all active and fit and that’s no doubt why people enjoy it. I myself went for one this morning, as it helped clear my mind
Old 12 Nov 2020, 17:11 (Ref:4016210)   #100
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes its was a lovely Autumn morning today. I was really enjoying my ride into work until some smart arise in his all singing dancing Bianchi dressed up in Lycra came blasting past me. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr