Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Oct 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4078703)   #26
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piekey View Post
Ok Gordon
When you do come out of the cave ? Do you now do 90 days in Spain & 90 back in uk ? & so on, or do the authorities now realise they do need tourism & turn a blind eye ?
The whole thing is a complete balls up, although they have started stamping passports on arrival in Spain they do not stamp them on departure or arrival back in the UK so how does anyone know the score , however I "suppose" we are all on big brother computers ? I have no idea WTF is going on at the moment.
The thing is that the UK has never been in the Schengen open border zone so in reality it's always been like it but never implemented.
There always has been and still are people living under the radar in EU countries also in the UK with the population growing every week with the daily boat trips across the channel !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Oct 2021, 12:14 (Ref:4078709)   #27
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Yup, I got up nice and early this morning expecting to be able to gorge myself on Goodwood racing this weekend. I am beyond disappointed!
Hi, you can watch free, it’s been working since 10am.
Go to timetable page, click view live.
Under the ‘offer’ is a link to “no thanks, start free stream now”.
Click there and it displays coverage - see attachments.
BEFORE you do this, and each time you leave site
and try to rejoin, you may have to clear browsing
history - I did.
Attached Thumbnails
13686013-32BE-4B2A-AFF3-8560AC6B8F68.png   8392F89F-504B-4315-8048-5B14E5251688.png   EC135B65-AA2D-4810-AECD-7932CE53A8CC.png  

Old 16 Oct 2021, 12:28 (Ref:4078711)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good to chat with Delta, although very wet start to the day. GM Trophy qualifying was interesting, a Mustang hit the barriers on Lavant bringing out a red flag. Thus the day is still delayed.
Old 16 Oct 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4078720)   #29
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
history - I did.
Brilliant. Thanks a lot.Worked a treat, even downunder.
Old 16 Oct 2021, 14:54 (Ref:4078724)   #30
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
history - I did.
Many thanks Malcolm, just checked this page in time to watch the first race. Ideal!
Old 16 Oct 2021, 15:53 (Ref:4078732)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fabulous stuff right now!
Old 16 Oct 2021, 19:10 (Ref:4078750)   #32
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Will be there in morning seeing what happens to fleet
Not expecting miracles just hoping for dry weather
Old 16 Oct 2021, 20:06 (Ref:4078761)   #33
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got pretty wet out the back this morning but worth every minute watching Sam Tordoff "float" the monstrous Falcon through Fordwater and Nick Swift's incredible qualifying performance, not so fortunate in his race however. The GM races were superb with battles throughout, so disappointing seeing Pirro somersault the huge Mercury thereafter the battle of the big bangers in the Pierpoint cup turned into a charade with the safety car. Skipped the rally cars in favour of a return home to refuel for tomorrow however thinner crowds compared to the Revival made the day very enjoyable and btw the tractor transport does exist for the MM. Couldn't find Peter, Delta or any other tenths crew but will seek out tomorrow. Good luck to all for Sunday's racing.
Old 16 Oct 2021, 21:02 (Ref:4078770)   #34
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a splendid day. Its hard to complain about the showers when you are taking shelter between a pair of priceless Ferraris or in a row of Fraser Nashes. You have to admire Goodwoods attention to detail. They erect a strong steel mesh fence around the track with solid metal posts and then clad it all in timber so it still looks correct. Back tomorrow and will follow justracing up to St Mary’s. My favourite Goodwood memory is of Pete Hardiman dancing the DBR1 through there, teetering on the brink lap after lap. Pure genius
Old 16 Oct 2021, 21:32 (Ref:4078777)   #35
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Good to meet you today Mike . I’ve just got back home after taking two fuel tanks to work and weld up . Not from my Triplett of 500 . Back
Tomorrow at 8am
.sunshine tomorrow . ?
Old 16 Oct 2021, 21:44 (Ref:4078778)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What time does the action kick off tomorrow?
Old 16 Oct 2021, 21:46 (Ref:4078780)   #37
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Thanks for this, Malcolm. I did manage to get the stream, but unfortunately every time that I clicked on the full screen button, the picture came up but it just went into buffering. Really frustrating, no matter how many times that I tried, especially as my download speed is always over 100 mbps so in theory it wasn't a problem at my end.
Old 17 Oct 2021, 06:46 (Ref:4078844)   #38
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
What time does the action kick off tomorrow?
Rally Sprint from 8 to just after 9. Track action starts at 0930.
Old 17 Oct 2021, 09:16 (Ref:4078861)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Rally Sprint from 8 to just after 9. Track action starts at 0930.
Thanks for that. I can get the free stream on my pc, but my internet equipped TV absolutely refuses to open the free link. Quite a bit of buffering too.
Old 17 Oct 2021, 10:45 (Ref:4078864)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Big fire at the end of the Arundel Cup race.
Old 17 Oct 2021, 19:17 (Ref:4078895)   #41
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I'm in several minds about the Rally Sprint.

I love that Goodwood keep trying new things. I love the idea of rally cars being thrown around Goodwood. As usual there were some absolute gems (cars and drivers) in the field.

However...

...the night running didn't really work: neither spectators nor drivers could see very much
...it's only possible to see part of the course at any one moment and when each car gets 2 x ~70sec runs each session, that's not enough time to move to a different vantage point
...I get quality over quantity, but 19 cars isn't enough, especially when 3 of them break on the first run
...replicas are fine, we don't need all originals
...the non-track section was too narrow and fiddly
...too much waiting around (though at least this makes it an authentic rally experience!) for officials to drive up and down fretting about who-knows-what

I don't have answers to these dilemmas. I did enjoy it, but I suspect I would have enjoyed it a lot more on TV than live.
Old 17 Oct 2021, 19:18 (Ref:4078897)   #42
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Big fire at the end of the Arundel Cup race.
I believe it was soon dealt with no major damage. The race was fantastic, those super rear engined formula juniors are exquisite, pure and simple, no horrid aero appendages. The whole weekend was superb entertainment, top drivers in some fabulous cars at a very special circuit. Skipped all the rally stuff, just an event fiiler it seems, I'm quite happy to attend a rally event but personally it was superfluous.

Last edited by justracing; 17 Oct 2021 at 19:24.
Old 18 Oct 2021, 06:55 (Ref:4078923)   #43
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I did manage to catch some of Sunday's live stream but only the stuff I enjoy least and I fell asleep. Although a couple of lunchtime pints of old and filthy may have assisted that.

Good coverage but when I woke up it was all finished I found some races from earlier in the weekend which showed people were trying as hard as ever, a fine Capri/Camaro dice was a highlight.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 18 Oct 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4078957)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I watched most of yesterday's races and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a pain being chucked out and having to go back into the free stream every half hour or so....
Old 18 Oct 2021, 12:19 (Ref:4078958)   #45
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I really enjoyed the weekend . The 500 people are special and there is a great friendship with them . The start was full on it got delayed so we had to lug out the starters and jacks back out on the grid . Then we could not start one of our cars so got pushed into pit Lane . Got him going but he shot out to join the race to early and then got two points on his licence . Two out of team Delta cars failed . Chain broke on one then fuel pump on the other . All three drivers were still happy . For us it was usual nightmare loading and getting home . 1 am this morning . Hey Ho
Old 18 Oct 2021, 12:44 (Ref:4078963)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Those 500s are terrific fun to watch.
Old 18 Oct 2021, 13:07 (Ref:4078969)   #47
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
It’s so much easier to have cars at MM rather than revival
Still I have to admit both are superb events for the Historic Racing Industry and the punters.
Old 18 Oct 2021, 13:33 (Ref:4078977)   #48
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Those 500s are terrific fun to watch.
You should have seen them in their heyday, imagine 30 cars streaming into Paddock Hill at Brands. They make a great noise, and look good, and you can see the drivers working. For me there has never been better racing. One of my favourite events was the 100 miles race run at Silverstone each year, at entry costing about 2/6d it was the best half-crown's worth you could get.
Not the MM, but.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0568.JPG   _MG_0573.JPG   _MG_0578.JPG  

f3 02.JPG   f3 03.jpg  
Old 18 Oct 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4078983)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'm still editing my pictures but here's a few from Saturday
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0246.jpg   IMG_0006.jpg   IMG_0279.jpg  

IMG_0239.jpg  
Old 18 Oct 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4078986)   #50
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great photos, Peter, I liked the 70s cars best on the live stream. Especially keen to see photos of Escort #57 and Fiesta #61, drivers who race in Scottish Classics.