Old 11 Jan 2008, 13:23 (Ref:2104197)   #1
Sue W
Rookie

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Sue W should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMMC (South Mids) Training Day - 23rd February

Hi Everyone,

Having read the thread on Training Days, I've discovered that the details currently shown on the ViM website are completely wrong.
Their website was correct before Xmas, but is now wrong!!!

The correct details are -

Saturday 23rd February 2008
Venue - Southill Village Hall, Near Biggleswade

Contact - Caroline Turberville-Smith - caroline.ts@btinternet.com

Volunteering form is on THE Marshals Club website - http://www.marshals.co.uk/southmid.php
Just scroll down and click on the links for both a map of the location and the volunteering form.

Sue
Old 11 Jan 2008, 19:50 (Ref:2104405)   #2
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The VSCC are also holding a training session at Silverstone on the same morning. This is mainly for Observers, but should we have joined forces for the day.
Old 12 Jan 2008, 16:14 (Ref:2104789)   #3
Sue W
Rookie

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Sue W should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite probably.

But I don't think either Caroline (BMMC S Mids Training Officer) or Chris Bird (BMMC National Training Officer) were aware that VSCC were organising a session on the same date, at the time that the date was fixed.

Maybe the subject of training clashes within a catchment area should be addressed as part of the new ViM/MSA working groups.

Sue
Old 12 Jan 2008, 20:00 (Ref:2104880)   #4
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Training clashes do seem to be a problem this year but designated trainer at the VSCC meeting is a South Midlands member!!!!
Old 13 Jan 2008, 10:34 (Ref:2105144)   #5
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs
Training clashes do seem to be a problem this year but designated trainer at the VSCC meeting is a South Midlands member!!!!
and your point is????

I had been asked to deliver some training at both events which means for me Silverstone in the morning followed by a mad dash across country to Biggleswade. VSCC was booked last year although the date wasn't known at the time. I am no longer the BMMC Sth Mids training officer so have no say in the date chosen!

You could also question the wisdom(?) of the BRDC dinner the night before the Mallroy training day, and so on. There will always be clashes as regional committees as well as racing clubs organise events, look how often race meetings conflict. perhaps the MSA should say here is the calendar for training, and when that date has been registered to a club/regional committee, then no other training is to take place? Not perfect but worth discussion?
Old 13 Jan 2008, 11:46 (Ref:2105175)   #6
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Take you point Clive, it's just like marshalling, 2 events on the same day that you want to do.
Don't think that many of us at the BRDC Marshals Club Dinner/Dance are potential customers for a BARC Trainind Day @ Malory though.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 20:40 (Ref:2107539)   #7
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
surely you're not intending on getting inebriated Dave are you?
Old 17 Jan 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2108053)   #8
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No I'm going to get absolutely rat a...d like I do every year.
Inebriated is far to posh for the state I'll be in!