Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Nov 2002, 11:05 (Ref:435193)   #26
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats a good point.......something must surley be done to compensate for breaking the contract that Jordan have with Takuma...

Lets just hope that Taku's managment can get him some backing before its too late.....if not , let B & H give Davidson a full season in F1
Old 23 Nov 2002, 11:52 (Ref:435220)   #27
Ej10
Racer

Ej10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am getting more and for excited at jordans prospects for 2003. last year was a disaster and three of those reasons were honda(Heavy unreliable and powerless engine).Sato(Overrated rent a driver that crashed at least once every race weekend which cost jordan the price of a supply of decent year old engines from ferrari, who doesnt deserve a seat in f1 but will thanks to Mr Honda) and Eghbal Hamidy(again overrated who designed an illegal car that was ****) Thank god for Gary anderson and henri durand who salvaged jordans 2002 season and will build a fantastically fast jordan EJ13.
Just for a matter of interest can any sato fan tell me why he is such a good driver and why they are a big fan . and please dont include that he is fantastic to watch and drove brilliantly in the japaneese GP the only race he truly managed to outpace fissi all year .(remembering that fissi never ran all that well at suzuka in the past anyway and that sato learned how to drive at the circuit also)
Old 23 Nov 2002, 12:01 (Ref:435224)   #28
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Ej10...why do you think that Gary Anderson will build a fantastically fast car next year? He may be a good designer, but he's nowhere near Rory Byrne or Adrian Newey's standards and hasn't built a fantastically fast Jordan in the past.
Old 23 Nov 2002, 12:14 (Ref:435231)   #29
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EW10.....great post. . well that must be it , Fisi never drove very well there anyway !....hahahaha

Reasons i like Sato.....

Fantastic Abiltiy behind the wheel....

Always entertaining......

Absolute Gentleman out of the car and away from the track.

Passionate about the sport ....

Is a real true racer.....

Always gives 100% effort and commitment.....

Doesnt talk complete rubbish like many drivers do.....

Only started racing in 1997 and already overtook many drivers with years of karting experience....

Pulled of some great overtaking moves all year ,....

even when he was under pressure he always said he was going to just go MAXIMUM ATTACK.....

I could go on forever here.....what a guy !
Old 23 Nov 2002, 12:21 (Ref:435233)   #30
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
ooooo, just 1 more......

eevn when he had crashed and made a big mistake , he never let it faze him and still stayed true to himself.....

Oh and another...

and he Won Macau and was just awesome in many F3 races which gave me great entertianment over the last 2 year.

sorry....i better stop now.....
Old 23 Nov 2002, 14:25 (Ref:435292)   #31
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
EJ10 seems to be blind to the truth.

Eghbal Hamidy designed one of the most aerodynamically efficient front ends ever seen in F1 for Arrows, which somehow made a Sueprtec-powered car the fastest of the year in a straight line, including 5th on the grid at Hockenheim

Massa had plenty of crashes last year, and was usually slower than the conservative plodder Heidfeld.

Jordan will not have adequate sponsorship next year, they have to pay for the Cossies (I think), and without the Deutsches Post / DHL money. Massa / Irvine replacign Sato would be for pure monetary reasons.

Don't forget that Schumacher crashed a fair few cars in his first year, Japan 1991 and France 1992 for a start. Doesn't mean he's not a fabulous driver now. By season's end Taku began to improve whereas Massa's ludicrous errors continued.
Old 23 Nov 2002, 14:34 (Ref:435299)   #32
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
yes , i remember that big crash Micheal had at the 130 R in 91.....could have bben a lot worse that one.
Old 23 Nov 2002, 15:51 (Ref:435336)   #33
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ej10
and that sato learned how to drive at the circuit also)
think I read somewhere that he did the Suzuka racing school back in 1997 and hadn't been near the place in a car from then until the GP this year- which hardly makes him a Suzuka expert in the way that (as a random comparison) Eddie Irvine was when he made his GP debut there......

I still think that once he's settled down a little and learned not to try and over-drive the car- and Japan suggested that he's begining to- Sato could have a bright future in F1. You can't achieve the kind of F3 results he did without having talent- the big question mark for me for much of this year was simply could he learn how to make the most of that talent, history is full of very talented drivers who simply lacked what it took to convert ability into results......
Old 23 Nov 2002, 18:48 (Ref:435396)   #34
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest I'd choose Massa over Davidson any day. Everyone said he did a great job because he was only half a second off Webber when Yoong had been two seconds off. The trouble with that is that Yoong really isn't any good and Ant was still a whole half second off Webber.
Old 23 Nov 2002, 19:59 (Ref:435429)   #35
Ej10
Racer

Ej10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
EW10.....great post. . well that must be it , Fisi never drove very well there anyway !....hahahaha

Reasons i like Sato.....

Fantastic Abiltiy behind the wheel....

Always entertaining......

Absolute Gentleman out of the car and away from the track.

Passionate about the sport ....

Is a real true racer.....

Always gives 100% effort and commitment.....

Doesnt talk complete rubbish like many drivers do.....

Only started racing in 1997 and already overtook many drivers with years of karting experience....

Pulled of some great overtaking moves all year ,....

even when he was under pressure he always said he was going to just go MAXIMUM ATTACK.....

I could go on forever here.....what a guy !

Sato san you could more or less say the same about most of the drivers on the grid. Ok i might have been a bit harsh.he has a great attitude. all the same i think he had a disaster of a year and drove poorly. he was fighting with the minardis in hungary spa and monza yet people say he improved in the second half of the year. oh and id like to point out to bootsontheside the arrows might have been good in the fast tracks but was **** on twisty circuits.
Old 23 Nov 2002, 21:31 (Ref:435466)   #36
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato was not in the best of situations last year. His teammate is one of the best drivers on the grid. Jensen Button who had more experience than he did still could not measure up to GF. What impresses me the most about Sato is his love of the sport, all aspects of it not just racing but the technology and bringing it back to Japan.

Toyota would love to have him just for publicity. Honda was far more popular in Suzuka, that is partially because of Sato. It would be disaster if Toyota tried to steal the glory from Honda like they did with the Target Chip Ganassi team, in CART.

Sato races! He may not be as consistent as GF but that kind of consistency comes from experience. Many times in the race Sato would set faster laps than GF but he would kill his tires in the process. I am a little disappointed in his performance this year but I can see that he is not the type to sit behind another car waiting for a pitstop pass. I think he is much like JV, only JV has years of grooming while Sato is still learning. I want to see him in the Jordan next year and then partnering Button at BAR for 2004. Honda brought him up and I think they should share the glory with him too when they start winning races.
Old 24 Nov 2002, 09:24 (Ref:435659)   #37
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Massa is a bit sure of himself. From what has been written Jordan will have to hire Irvine to get Benson & Hedges money......
Old 24 Nov 2002, 09:48 (Ref:435670)   #38
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Looks like it CB,the driver with the biggest bag of gold will surely get the seat in respect of the current financial situation.
Old 24 Nov 2002, 10:52 (Ref:435714)   #39
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Massa will cause just as much, if not more, damage than Sato next year... if he gets the drive, and frankly he's done nothing to impress me and make me believe he deserves it. Frankly Irvine is more deserving of the drive than Massa!
Old 24 Nov 2002, 11:15 (Ref:435722)   #40
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have never rated Massa much of an F1 driver, and as far as I can see the only reason Jordan must be going for him is the money he could bring in. Yes Massa can do one or two flying laps, but listen to the comments Martin Brundle said on the F1 tv coverage.