Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2009, 15:07 (Ref:2551286)   #1
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hockenheim secures new deal until 2018

Hockenheim will continue to host the German GP biannually until 2018 after Bernard E did a deal with the Baden-Wurttenburg government

Link

Great news for German motorsport and F1 as a whole
Old 30 Sep 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2551289)   #2
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does this mean Spa is no longer in danger or is that not relevant.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 16:59 (Ref:2551381)   #3
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news! As a track it's much better than Nurburgring IMHO.I'd rather see it there every year but at least it's future is secure,for now.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 18:36 (Ref:2551445)   #4
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully it will keep alternating with the Nurburgring and keep Spa on the calendar every year
Old 30 Sep 2009, 21:53 (Ref:2551537)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Not very inspiring news. Post-Tilke Hockenheim is a bore-fest of a race.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 30 Sep 2009, 22:12 (Ref:2551550)   #6
DanShenise
Racer

United States
Atlanta, via St. Pete Beach
DanShenise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there was only the one stadium section and they didn't add in that second one (personally I think it was only so Tilke could make extra money off designing the stands). Imagine if they could come blasting down that straight and then take a wicked righthand sweeper into "the" stadium section. That would have been cool. But good Hockenheim and the surrounding areas. We have friends there and they have been trying to get us over for a couple years now.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 07:31 (Ref:2551701)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I've always wondered why Tilke doesn't try to make his tracks a 'tribute' to the older ones. I appreciate the fact it can't just be a scaled down replica, but could atleast try and take out some of the traits and put them in the new version?

Hmmmm i'd like to try designing some of these.... *looks at 'My Tracks' section*

Selby
Old 1 Oct 2009, 09:22 (Ref:2551757)   #8
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
Not very inspiring news. Post-Tilke Hockenheim is a bore-fest of a race.
It could be a lot better but it's a damn sight better than the Nurburgring. There are actually places where you can overtake.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 11:53 (Ref:2551836)   #9
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yawn. Once one of the unique, most characteristic circuits on the calendar, what happened to it was a travesty of the highest order. Now I just find myself forgetting every race at Hockenheim as soon as it's over, so uninspiring is Tilke's scaled-up kart track.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2551910)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
What if they'd done this..? (just to put my money where my mouth is!):

Selby
Old 1 Oct 2009, 14:49 (Ref:2551978)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Bernie complained that the cars weren't 'visible' enough to the spectators and sponsors when they disappeared into the forests for most of the lap,and so Tilke was asked to rectify that problem.Which,to be fair,he has,and has also provided opportunities for drivers to overtake.But it doesn't have the 'Flat out engine breaking feel' of the old circuit.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 14:57 (Ref:2551983)   #12
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Bernie complained that the cars weren't 'visible' enough to the spectators and sponsors when they disappeared into the forests for most of the lap,and so Tilke was asked to rectify that problem.Which,to be fair,he has,and has also provided opportunities for drivers to overtake.But it doesn't have the 'Flat out engine breaking feel' of the old circuit.
For me this sums up what has gone wrong with F1 over the last couple of decades. The teams used to take essentially the same cars to widely different circuits and each race would be a genuinely different challenge. Now the circuits are more and more alike and the teams seem to have what amounts to a different car tailored to each one.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 15:21 (Ref:2551993)   #13
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
For me this sums up what has gone wrong with F1 over the last couple of decades. The teams used to take essentially the same cars to widely different circuits and each race would be a genuinely different challenge. Now the circuits are more and more alike and the teams seem to have what amounts to a different car tailored to each one.
I totally agree.
Old 2 Oct 2009, 00:25 (Ref:2552377)   #14
DanShenise
Racer

United States
Atlanta, via St. Pete Beach
DanShenise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've only been into F1 since 01, and the sight of that trimmed out yellow EJ11 blasting through the forest helped sell me.