Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Aug 2012, 02:02 (Ref:3114488)   #1
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Attn: FPR

With the Red Bull/888 announcement now official, I'd be ringing Monster Energy Australia/Schweppes ASAP. With their two biggest commercial competitors in Red Bull and Rockstar on your two biggest competitors in Triple 8 and HRT, it should be an easy sell in convincing the good people at Monster as to why you are their natural choice in taking up the fight....not that i'm telling you how to do your job....
Old 1 Aug 2012, 02:09 (Ref:3114491)   #2
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And when Naming Rights at FPR is a fraction of the 888 asking price, it makes economic sense to spend $3-4 million of budget at FPR and have bulk coverage on two cars.

Oh, the battle of the brands!!!
Old 1 Aug 2012, 02:19 (Ref:3114495)   #3
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure if its been reported elsewhere, but the figure of 6.75m for 3 years was mentioned to me for Red Bull/888...
Old 1 Aug 2012, 02:51 (Ref:3114500)   #4
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's an interesting figure. At $2.25m per year - that would barely cover the driver salaries.

Given the teams only receive about 25% of the revenues from V8SA now that they've sold the majority to Archer, I wonder if that's enough.

I can't imagine they're getting more than $1m from other sources combined.

Still, it's way more than any other team outside of the factories is earning.
Old 1 Aug 2012, 04:06 (Ref:3114513)   #5
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Not sure if its been reported elsewhere, but the figure of 6.75m for 3 years was mentioned to me for Red Bull/888...
I doubt it would be that for 3 years, more like a year for 3 years.

They say it's about 6.75m a year to run a team......
Old 1 Aug 2012, 04:43 (Ref:3114521)   #6
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Guys sorry, my mistake , $5.75m a year for 3 years.
Old 1 Aug 2012, 10:08 (Ref:3114618)   #7
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear a whisper, FPR Pepsi, deal done.
Old 1 Aug 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3114625)   #8
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FPR - Stealing Others Sponsors Forever In A Day
Old 1 Aug 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3114629)   #9
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monster and FPR would seem like a logical choice, given Monsters links with Ken Block and his world rally pursuits...and Mr Block drove one of the FPR machines at Calder in recent times. Globally Ford racing could encourage a deal here.

Any clever livery designers out there fancy having a crack at V8 supercar in the current #43 Fiesta colours?
Old 1 Aug 2012, 11:41 (Ref:3114658)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why do you think a personal Monster sponsorship is so lavish? I would doubt that Mr Van Gisbergen and Mr Whincup received much more than $40k-$50k out of their helmet sponsorship deals. I mean look at Taz Douglas most recently, he gave away his helmet sponsorship for a free stack hat... a couple of thousand dollar spend...

There have been ads at Sponsorxchange.com for helmet signage for the likes of Jason Bright and Karl Reindler.. and these have been around or below that mark.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 Aug 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3114676)   #11
Just Do It!
Veteran

You could be surprised there somewhat, GTR. Mr Hill seems to look after the Reindler and, last year at least, some of the BJR property
Old 1 Aug 2012, 12:28 (Ref:3114681)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will we see Pepsi Max appear at FPR as AA has suggested?

Is there value in 2 Pepsi Max cars, or one in Pepsi livery and another in Monster livery?

Or is it all a pipe dream?
Old 2 Aug 2012, 00:29 (Ref:3115008)   #13
Just Do It!
Veteran

The smart money would be on the phone to Frucor who actually out-sell Red Bull in Australia with their V brand
Old 2 Aug 2012, 06:07 (Ref:3115064)   #14
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
The smart money would be on the phone to Frucor who actually out-sell Red Bull in Australia with their V brand
And who haven't shown the slightest interest so far in the 'extreme sport' marketing that Red Bull/Monster/Rockstar do.

So why would they change tack to play in the same, saturated market with those that they're already beating?
Old 2 Aug 2012, 07:07 (Ref:3115080)   #15
Just Do It!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
And who haven't shown the slightest interest so far in the 'extreme sport' marketing that Red Bull/Monster/Rockstar do.

So why would they change tack to play in the same, saturated market with those that they're already beating?
You've clearly missed the monster truck and jet pack man advertising that we see in NZ then.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 08:07 (Ref:3115101)   #16
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Yep, clearly missed that in Australia.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 08:07 (Ref:3115102)   #17
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You've clearly missed the monster truck and jet pack man advertising that we see in NZ then.
as well as the drift cars, the 4 and Rotor show cars etc
Old 3 Aug 2012, 03:23 (Ref:3115462)   #18
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
as well as the drift cars, the 4 and Rotor show cars etc
Yep - all of which would cost them a few thousand dollars at most and is grass-roots exposure, not a global marketing strategy supporting motorsport/extreme sports like Red Bull, Monster and Rockstar have.

All of them are involved in MotoGP, RB & Monster in F1 & rallying, etc etc. V is nowhere to be seen in these avenues, they have zero motorsport participation in Australia, certainly not at a national level.

Their Australian strategy has been markedly different to its 3 main competitors and they're outselling all of them.

Which brings me back to my main point - why would the market #1 change tack to follow those it's already beating. Especially given your main competitor has just signed up the #1 team. So you'd be spending a minimum of $3-4m a year to most likely get beaten by your competitor.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 11:42 (Ref:3116615)   #19
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Any clever livery designers out there fancy having a crack at V8 supercar in the current #43 Fiesta colours?
Yeah.
Old 7 Aug 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3117036)   #20
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
FPR - Stealing Others Sponsors Forever In A Day
HRT r the kings of stealing sponers from other teams, hands down.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 7 Aug 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3117054)   #21
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
I second that
Old 7 Aug 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3117068)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
I think it would be quite a close contest between the two... the difference is, HRT dont seem to hang onto theirs for very long...

Where has all the noise about the HRT buyout gone to?
Old 8 Aug 2012, 01:42 (Ref:3117372)   #23
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I think it would be quite a close contest between the two... the difference is, HRT dont seem to hang onto theirs for very long...

Where has all the noise about the HRT buyout gone to?
Their 3 main sponsors - Toll, Mobil and Rockstar - have all been there for quite a while now.
Old 8 Aug 2012, 11:00 (Ref:3117522)   #24
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Monster to FPR , would be such an awesome looking car, and the T888 for that matter, it'll be The race of the Energy drinks Redbull vs Monster, well i hope
Old 8 Aug 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3117575)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Their 3 main sponsors - Toll, Mobil and Rockstar - have all been there for quite a while now.
They have... all pinched from elsewhere... HSVDT, Advantage Racing & Tasman Motorsport to name but a few.