Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Jul 2017, 20:39 (Ref:3753628)   #76
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I love the strategy and quite impressed with the fuel economy! They are in the lead seat. Should there be any yellow they could up the pace a bit to keep in play.
I am sure we all hope this one stays green the rest of the way. If so I still think its going to be advantage Porsche. Their pace is too darn good. The win will be deserving. I hope a Porsche RSR does win today.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3753629)   #77
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The 14 Lexus is very slow. It's losing several seconds a lap. Sometimes corner.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3753630)   #78
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love the Ford vs. Porsche battle ... if the Ford can;'t win on pace it needs to win on smarts.

Everything is a gamble and anything can happen. Ask Gianni Bruni
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:06 (Ref:3753631)   #79
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I love the Ford vs. Porsche battle ... if the Ford can;'t win on pace it needs to win on smarts.

Everything is a gamble and anything can happen. Ask Gianni Bruni
I agree especially because they are the two teams that run in both WEC and IMSA. The Ford and Porsche really went all out against each other at Spa earlier in the season. Same liveries and same car numbers across the two series. I like the continuity. Hope BMW does the same in 2018.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:14 (Ref:3753632)   #80
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I am sure we all hope this one stays green the rest of the way. If so I still think its going to be advantage Porsche. Their pace is too darn good. The win will be deserving. I hope a Porsche RSR does win today.
So the Porsches are good on fuel correct?
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:18 (Ref:3753633)   #81
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jeremy Shaw thinks so ... I am trying to calculate .... I think it might be close, but I am pretty sure I don't do math as well as Jeremy Shaw or a bunch of German engineers.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:20 (Ref:3753634)   #82
Maelochs
Veteran

Porsches have done 55 or so-lap stints and will need to do ... 65?
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:21 (Ref:3753635)   #83
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Heavyweight clash: Sellers vs Bergmeister vs Long
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3753636)   #84
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Right now this result is good for the #3 crew, they have behind the #25 and the #66 who are their biggest challengers in the overall classification.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:25 (Ref:3753637)   #85
Maelochs
Veteran

Quote:
Heavyweight clash: Sellers vs Bergmeister vs Long
Right? Amazing collection of talent.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3753638)   #86
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Right now this result is good for the #3 crew, they have behind the #25 and the #66 who are their biggest challengers in the overall classification.
Well the #67 is up there with the #66 in points I think too? I always find season points complex. I prefer to keep my own stats for fun.

Tomchyk in the #24 in 4th slowly closing the gap on Briscoe #67 for 3rd. GTD lead is still a 3 way heavyweight A list driver duel. But the running order is stable. Not much passing going on other than GTLM's passing GTDs.

Still it is a great all GT race!
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:29 (Ref:3753639)   #87
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Porsche 1-2 in GTLM, and running 1-3 in GTD but Pat long is closing in for 2nd iN GTD

Porsche domination today.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3753640)   #88
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The 28 Alegra Porsche is the best livery in the series in my opinion.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:32 (Ref:3753641)   #89
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Porsche 1-2 in GTLM, and running 1-3 in GTD but Pat long is closing in for 2nd iN GTD

Porsche domination today.
Agree. I think the RSR's take this one now.

I noticed also that Mercedes is a complete 100% non factory today. Complete back markers. Best one is a distant 10th. Their BoP is really bad. IMSA surely has to realize they made a mistake with them.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:34 (Ref:3753642)   #90
Maelochs
Veteran

Quote:
I noticed also that Mercedes is a complete 100% non factory today. .... Their BoP is really bad. IMSA surely has to realize they made a mistake with them.
Who'd have thought an extra 45 lbs would make them slower?
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:37 (Ref:3753644)   #91
MaskedRacer
Veteran

My spirit of the race is park place and alegra. Kudos to the privateer Porsche GTD teams. Good come back today for them. Even if the #48 Lambo ends up winning. But as of me writing this its still the #73 leading.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:42 (Ref:3753645)   #92
Maelochs
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The 28 Alegra Porsche is the best livery in the series in my opinion.
I'd have to drag out my Andy Blackmore files and do some hard thinking. The Alegra Porsche is a gorgeous car in real life and on TV, too .... but "Best in Series" is a tough call.

I can't think of a better one (Mustang Sampling Cadillac looks really good in some light) but I know as soon as I say anything someone will mention a car I forgot.

Thinking of Brian Sellers ... the old Falken car was pretty great. Doesn't count as it is now an historic racer, but .. it just crossed my mind.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 21:48 (Ref:3753647)   #93
MaskedRacer
Veteran

And that my friends is why we should have more all GT races!
Old 22 Jul 2017, 23:11 (Ref:3753654)   #94
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
And that my friends is why we should have more all GT races!
This is a great track for GT's and I loved that we could have no yellows! Pretty amazing given the amount of contact, but I thought race control did a good job calling consistent penalties too.
Old 22 Jul 2017, 23:24 (Ref:3753655)   #95
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Especially on street course tracks. Protos are to expensive for those concrete canyons.
Old 23 Jul 2017, 09:08 (Ref:3753707)   #96
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Classification points:

http://imsa.alkamelsystems.com/Resul...Unofficial.pdf
Old 23 Jul 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3753754)   #97
Maelochs
Veteran

I think one reason the race was good was the size of the track---it is so small, there was always something happening, lots of traffic. Double or triple the track length and things would have stretched out ... that's where the P class helps.

The other thing---the racing in GT is Always this good, but FoxSports' mini-byte coverage makes it impossible to follow one class, let along three or four, so we never get to watch the GT race develop.

Another thing ... race control was Very patient and kept the yellow flags furled. They could have called at least a few cautions but opted not to.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3753926)   #98
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Garcia v Tomczyk battle for 3rd was some of the best motor racing I've seen in years. Love Martin's comments afterwards.

Caution free at the little CT circuit. I'm shocked.

Great stuff!
Old 24 Jul 2017, 16:46 (Ref:3753987)   #99
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I guess I'm the only person who thought that race was a bit of a snooze-fest? I actually did fall asleep for a bit during it.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 16:50 (Ref:3753989)   #100
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I guess I'm the only person who thought that race was a bit of a snooze-fest? I actually did fall asleep for a bit during it.
No, it was a proper endurance race. Getting a little used to those full course yellow bunch ups eh?