Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 13 Apr 2020, 22:09 (Ref:3970643)   #1
LW97
Rookie

LW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do we have to waste Checo Perez' talent?

I mean, very few will deny his talent, but until today, he sadly never has been in a faster car than in 2012. He definitely is better than someone like Bottas, but never gets a chance. Why could that be?
Old 13 Apr 2020, 22:21 (Ref:3970644)   #2
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Jesus, lol.
Old 13 Apr 2020, 23:30 (Ref:3970651)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rarely have I said this, but yes, exactly what he said up there.
Old 13 Apr 2020, 23:59 (Ref:3970657)   #4
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perez is a good driver in a good team. There is nothing more to say.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 00:06 (Ref:3970658)   #5
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Does he like sheep?
Old 14 Apr 2020, 01:07 (Ref:3970666)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it because he is also a police detective and doctor?
Old 14 Apr 2020, 01:28 (Ref:3970668)   #7
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am on the edge of my seat to see what the next thread will be! Here are some ideas:

* What flavor of ice cream does Kimi prefer?
* Will Seb retire his index finger when he retires from F1?
* Does Alonso die his hair?
* 13 and 1/2 reasons why Kubica should be WDC!
* Ricciardo, does he drink from a shoe or a glass when at home?

Richard
Old 14 Apr 2020, 01:49 (Ref:3970670)   #8
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, I don't want to just pile on without offering a constructive suggestion. I am not a moderator, so LW97 take my comments here with a grain of salt.

On one hand there is nothing wrong with creating new threads. It sometimes triggers my OCD when we have people creating multiple threads that are talking about the same thing. But in general it seems like we don't have many new threads. Because frankly what there is to talk about is pretty narrow.

I think someone said something along of line of "answers for questions nobody asked". So in a way your threads are slightly out there. Maybe esoteric. I don't know. Of course we are in a situation in which we should be in the middle of a season discussion actual racing. Instead we are all slowly doing stir crazy.

If you have a number of random F1 topics running around in your brain, maybe you can just create a single thread with the focus on esoteric "what if" questions. There is one here similar (but not exactly) to what you are doing. That is the "Retro Silly Season" thread. It's not my cup of tea, but it seems to have a narrow, but enthusiastic set of posters.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154679

Your posts also somewhat remind me of another thread that is on TenTenths (and a similar set of threads by the same poster exists in other motorsports forum) That is Feliks "interesting" mechanical ideas.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109794

I used to follow that thread a bit, but eventually realized he is one step away from showing diagrams of perpetual motion machines. But he does have some interesting stuff that is sometimes entertaining.

Anyhow, sorry for poking at your post. But given they fall outside of the norm here you will get ribbing. Plus your opinions are pretty strong on topics, so expect pushback. Again, I am not a moderator, so feel free to ignore me.

Richard
Old 14 Apr 2020, 02:21 (Ref:3970671)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice post Richard. Fostering discussion.

It is also great when we get the younger generation on here talking and discussing the sport. Perhaps this is an opportunity with schools being closed?
Old 14 Apr 2020, 05:08 (Ref:3970679)   #10
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the question is a discussion point, then fine.
OP - why do you think his talent is wasted.

My concern (and I really hope that this thread is not part of the same ideology) is that the question is merely asked to continue the theme of all cars except the Mercedes are rubbish, and the OP would like to see Hamilton replaced in the car (ABH).
Old 14 Apr 2020, 09:29 (Ref:3970713)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree Checo is underrated. Let's face it that disappointing season was just a case of wrong place wrong time. No doubt he's done a lot of great work for Force India/Racing Point. The problem is, like other drivers who have been stuck in midfield cars for a while, he's no longer seen as the next best thing. Sad but true
Old 14 Apr 2020, 09:52 (Ref:3970719)   #12
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's got a decent seat.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3970725)   #13
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I agree Checo is underrated. Let's face it that disappointing season was just a case of wrong place wrong time. No doubt he's done a lot of great work for Force India/Racing Point. The problem is, like other drivers who have been stuck in midfield cars for a while, he's no longer seen as the next best thing. Sad but true

It should say disappointing season with McLaren
Old 14 Apr 2020, 15:15 (Ref:3970784)   #14
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
People talked a LOT about his supposedly disappointing season with McLaren. Button was a former WDC who was very well established in the team by that point, and he had the upper hand over Perez over the course of the season, but it was not a whitewash by any means. Perez really gave Button a hard time at many of the races, beating him in several.

The way people talk about Perez that season is puzzling to me. Replacing him with Magnussen was not an improvement - IMO anyway.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 15:38 (Ref:3970786)   #15
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
People talked a LOT about his supposedly disappointing season with McLaren. Button was a former WDC who was very well established in the team by that point, and he had the upper hand over Perez over the course of the season, but it was not a whitewash by any means. Perez really gave Button a hard time at many of the races, beating him in several.

The way people talk about Perez that season is puzzling to me. Replacing him with Magnussen was not an improvement - IMO anyway.
I think inside the team he could have handled himself much better. I’m sure he’s a much more mature proposition nowadays though.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 16:15 (Ref:3970798)   #16
LW97
Rookie

LW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Perez is a good driver in a good team. There is nothing more to say.
I don't think good enough for him. I would say in a Mercedes he'd make Lewis sweat.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 16:16 (Ref:3970799)   #17
LW97
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I find it sad too, I see it a form as propaganda by Wolff that everyone has to submit to Lewis. Put Checo in a Mercedes and Lewis would be gone after one season.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 16:18 (Ref:3970802)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LW97 View Post
I find it sad too, I see it a form as propaganda by Wolff that everyone has to submit to Lewis. Put Checo in a Mercedes and Lewis would be gone after one season.
Yeah, no to all of that. Don't Perez himself would agree with that even.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 16:50 (Ref:3970807)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

In the right car he can win races, but I don’t think he would win necessarily win the championship
Old 14 Apr 2020, 17:00 (Ref:3970809)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I don't think good enough for him. I would say in a Mercedes he'd make Lewis sweat.
It appears that there are quite a few drivers you consider would make Lewis 'sweat'? Perez, Vettel and presumably Hulkenberg. Is there anyone you would dismiss from the Lewis sweat-inducers other than Bottas?

Quote:
I'd just like to thank you for brightening my day. I needed a good chortle. But tell me though, you're joking with us, surely?

Time to bring Tarso Marques out of retirement. Lewis would only last one race with him as opposition!
Old 14 Apr 2020, 17:07 (Ref:3970811)   #21
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It appears that there are quite a few drivers you consider would make Lewis 'sweat'? Perez, Vettel and presumably Hulkenberg. Is there anyone you would dismiss from the Lewis sweat-inducers other than Bottas?
I'd just like to thank you for brightening my day. I needed a good chortle. But tell me though, you're joking with us, surely?
I don't think it's a joke. If you subscribe to the ABH belief, then it follows that pretty much everyone is better than him.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 17:19 (Ref:3970815)   #22
LW97
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Uhm, well, Grosjean, Russell, Giovanizzi, Kvyat, Gasly and perhaps Räikkönen. Kubica and Magnussen.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 17:20 (Ref:3970816)   #23
LW97
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I don't think it's a joke. If you subscribe to the ABH belief, then it follows that pretty much everyone is better than him.
Nope, just the belief that he isn't really better than Vettel.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3970818)   #24
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
So not really ABH then?
Old 14 Apr 2020, 18:01 (Ref:3970819)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well, we're all entitled to our beliefs, I'll give you that. But probably the first thing you learn on a forum such as this is the appreciation that there is always a different opinion and that opinion is almost always as valid as your own.

PS So you put Russell in the non-sweat inducing list?

PPS - You're really going to upset Pete by putting Kimi in there.....