Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Mar 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3224847)   #51
jiminee
Racer

jiminee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm convinced the cars have been engineered to sound a certain way as part of the desired image the team wants - to position themselves as the more upmarket, sophisticated, high end outfit against the more low tech (perceived) Holden and Ford teams.
From a performance point of view it just makes no sense for them to sound as they do, especially when compared to their GT cars which sound angrier and gruntier than any other V8 on any race track in Australia and also sound much more like their road going counter parts. Given the smaller capacity the V8 Supercar engine is not going to match the GT3 version, but for such a radical difference, there has to be another outcome (image, marketing etc) involved.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3225209)   #52
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think,once again, that Mercedes and Erebus are getting confused by the spectators. Those perceptions you just voiced would probably set off alarm bells in the MB marketing lounge.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 01:53 (Ref:3230664)   #53
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell_End View Post
I believe I read the merc runs twin throttle bodies vs the trumpet setup of everyone else. I reckon that is a bigger issue than the flat plane crank..

Have ze Germans finally seen the light??

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/04/06/...thurst-threat/

Quote:

At the heart of the team’s development schedule are two stages of engine upgrades, the first of which could be on track as soon as the fourth event of the championship at Barbagallo in May.

The car’s current induction system is understood to be the focal point of the first overhaul.

An eight-butterfly manifold, as seen throughout the remainder of the V8 Supercars paddock, will replace the current AMG SLS GT3-derived set-up, which has proven troublesome in the rapidly designed Australian cars.

A mechanical throttle is also under development after a V8 Supercars backflip on allowing AMG’s preferred fly-by-wire system.

Old 12 Apr 2013, 01:24 (Ref:3232757)   #54
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maro cracks the Top 10 in P2 at Puke.... The times they are a changing?
Old 12 Apr 2013, 01:41 (Ref:3232759)   #55
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Leftover soft tyres?

Even Mr Moffat is up there.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 04:07 (Ref:3232789)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its still a good effort, with Mr Holdsworth near the front in P3.. the team seems to have had some issues with throttle response, engine driveability, boiling fuel (?) and some apparent issues with straight line handling

The various news sites seem to think the team's engines run ok in cold weather.. is it cold at Pukekohe?

Lets wait till Qualifying and see if they can patch a good result together. Here's hoping
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Apr 2013, 05:59 (Ref:3232805)   #57
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The various news sites seem to think the team's engines run ok in cold weather.. is it cold at Pukekohe?
Wasn't what I'd call cold today... 18-19 degrees maybe?
Old 12 Apr 2013, 06:03 (Ref:3232808)   #58
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Its still a good effort, with Mr Holdsworth near the front in P3.. the team seems to have had some issues with throttle response, engine driveability, boiling fuel (?) and some apparent issues with straight line handling

Lets wait till Qualifying and see if they can patch a good result together. Here's hoping
So Winton will be their Bathurst
Old 12 Apr 2013, 06:47 (Ref:3232815)   #59
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Qualifying is in the morning when it will be cooler. So will we see a strong result again for Lee again.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3232925)   #60
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Next thing you know Erebus will be lobbying for an Antarctic round
Old 12 Apr 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3233151)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Next thing you know Erebus will be lobbying for an Antarctic round
Isnt that Phillip Island?
Old 12 Apr 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3233171)   #62
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Cooler this morning than it was yesterday, so perhaps that's not the magic formula?
Old 13 Apr 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3233395)   #63
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Isnt that Phillip Island?
Close enough
Old 22 Apr 2013, 23:51 (Ref:3238178)   #64
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Erebus: The engines are not competitive with the Chevrolet and Ford pushrod V8s.

AMG: Wie kann das sein? Wir sind viel weiter fortgeschritten ist, haben wir eine flache Ebene Kurbel und alle unsere Experten hier in Europa haben daran gearbeitet - wir sind die besten.

Erebus: Don't know what any of that means but we need a broader torque spread and a higher torque curve to get us out of corners better - peak power is OK but torque and flexibility is what we are lacking.

AMG: Wie kann das sein? Hier in Deutschland haben wir alles über Rennmotoren wissen, Mercedes in F1 und Sportwagen gewonnen, rasen wir in GT Serie - wir wissen alles über Macht und nachdem der Motor aufheulen schwer, mehr Macht zu bekommen.

Erebus: Don't know what any of that means but please be reminded that our cars weigh 1500 kilos, have narrow tyres and are only allowed to rev to 7,500 rpm so it is very important to deliver good torque to deal with the weight, go easy on the narrow tyres and work within the rev range. Our opposition are very experienced at this and very good, we will need to work hard to match or beat them.

AMG: Wie kann das sein? Ein Rennwagen, 1500 kg und nur revs wiegt um 7500rpm? Das ist Wahnsinn, wäre es nie in Europa zugelassen werden. Nein, wir sind Mercedes, das beste und wir erbringen müssen Motoren unserem Weg, so dass diejenigen, Kangaroo / Amerikaner den richtigen Weg, Dinge zu tun zu lernen und ändern ihre Regeln zu uns passen.

Sorry, had to be done.
Best post I've read in a long time, well done!
Old 3 Apr 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3388192)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Cheese The Erebus Way....

Erebus gets some energy...

...drink...

Old 3 Apr 2014, 08:49 (Ref:3388194)   #66
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Tapout Energy is currently available in Original, Berry, Guava and Frost Berry with special limited edition flavours becoming available intermittently.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 09:38 (Ref:3388211)   #67
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Well done Erebus, good news.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 10:05 (Ref:3388213)   #68
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good on them.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 10:09 (Ref:3388215)   #69
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it seems to suit the current paint scheme

which looks pretty good as a colour scheme
Old 3 Apr 2014, 22:11 (Ref:3388467)   #70
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So is that just a mock-up for the ad, or will the Erebus cars feature Tap out livery on bonnets?
Old 3 Apr 2014, 23:02 (Ref:3388480)   #71
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon I saw Tapout across the bonnet of one of the V8utes at Clipsal.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 23:42 (Ref:3388487)   #72
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
I reckon I saw Tapout across the bonnet of one of the V8utes at Clipsal.
Yes that was Ryal Harris...
Old 4 Apr 2014, 01:24 (Ref:3388502)   #73
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rather apt for Lee this week !
I wonder if his intruder would have "tapped out" if he'd caught him.

Another energy drink sponsor, how many is that now 4?
I hope it works out for all involved !
Old 4 Apr 2014, 06:14 (Ref:3388542)   #74
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
Yes that was Ryal Harris...
Oh yeah of course it was.
Old 4 Apr 2014, 06:54 (Ref:3388549)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
So is that just a mock-up for the ad, or will the Erebus cars feature Tap out livery on bonnets?