Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 May 2018, 17:35 (Ref:3825300)   #26
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
You mean to say that if a customer says no thank you, then the seller loses out? And that the seller must adhere to the customers' standards if they are to be successful?

If people really didn't cope with Monaco at all well, don't watch the Canadian Grand Prix. Job done.

These days it would get the message across AND you could even watch it back on catch up TV/record it once you've made your point

Unless catch up/recorded viewings are somehow counted...
Not sure the canadian race is available in uk unless you pay a large sum to Sky
Old 28 May 2018, 17:36 (Ref:3825301)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
That is available live.
Old 28 May 2018, 17:59 (Ref:3825306)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess C4 will have highlights.
Old 28 May 2018, 18:07 (Ref:3825310)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
drivers like LH and FA are really are best allies in getting the changes we want to see get made. they are drivers who want to be able to drive, overtake, and always fight. they want what we want imo.
They are both also prepared to speak their minds, which I like.

Quote:
unfortunately when they do say something, there is a tendency to dismiss their behaviour as moaning or disloyalty to their teams.(
Especially if it suits your agenda on a forum!
Old 28 May 2018, 19:30 (Ref:3825323)   #30
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fans: That race was boring.
Lewis: That race was boring.
Fans: Oh my gawwwwwd, Lewis is SUCH a moaner.
Old 28 May 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3825325)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Especially if it suits your agenda on a forum!
And there is (sadly) the truth of it.
Old 28 May 2018, 21:09 (Ref:3825335)   #32
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Paddy View Post
In fairness, it is pretty rich coming from Hamilton considering his countless dominant performances and resultant 'boring' races in recent years. But whatever. Who cares - I enjoyed the race. Onwards to Canada.
If Hamilton's dominant performances result in boring races, that's hardly his fault. Blame the other drivers and teams for not being quick enough.
Old 28 May 2018, 21:14 (Ref:3825339)   #33
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Love it
Old 28 May 2018, 23:46 (Ref:3825354)   #34
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We love to whinge don't we. I will agree the race was boring from what happened on track. Now this may be only because I', a Ricciardo fan. But I found it one of the most enthralling races we've had for ages.

Would Riccardo's car make it.
Would Vettel have a go at him somewhere
Would Vettel or Hamilton change to hypersofts and try to run everyone down
Would there be a Safety Car, Where Dan may have been a sitting duck on the restart.

All in all a very tense race, and enjoyable.
Old 29 May 2018, 00:29 (Ref:3825357)   #35
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think it’s a shame some lengths people will go to. Not the most exciting race. But how did Danny get to the end, that was one point of interest. I didn’t think the tyre strategies were worth it. Could have been better
Old 29 May 2018, 03:04 (Ref:3825373)   #36
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd have a lot more respect for these comments if they were made pre race ie. pre result
Old 29 May 2018, 04:28 (Ref:3825377)   #37
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
....who would have thought Ricciardo would hold on? You can overtake here, to say it’s just a qualifying spectacle is ridiculous
Without wishing to detract from Danny Ric's performance, he was fortunate in as much as he had full power on corner exit, thus was able to get out of corners quickly, but was hampered in top speed terms, some 20 kph down on others. His swift corner exit and lack of passing places, limited DRS assistance to Vettel etc allowed him to not be passed. Had he been hampered on corner exit I feel a different outcome would have prevailed. The strengths and weaknesses of the Red Bull on the day were fortunately playing to Danny's advantage given the track layout.
Old 29 May 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3825443)   #38
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Now that made me laugh but then again i also like to laugh at Lewis but he does make it very easy
Old 29 May 2018, 15:13 (Ref:3825470)   #39
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I bet Ricciardo didn't find it boring. He would have been on the edge of his seat if he wasn't strapped into it.

I don't really get the complaint either. All sports have exciting events and boring events. One year Monaco will be thrilling, the next year it won't. So what? It's part of the ebb and flow of a championship season.
Old 29 May 2018, 16:49 (Ref:3825479)   #40
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo probably found it tense, it would have taken a lot of energy to hold on. I think there are some points to be made, but it was hard to make this exciting. Hopefully next year’s race will be more memorable
Old 29 May 2018, 21:46 (Ref:3825557)   #41
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I doubt Lewis would have complained from the top step of the podium...
Old 30 May 2018, 20:26 (Ref:3825731)   #42
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I don't get why this race was boring. It had drama and a great scene. Was very interesting. Not the best but not not really boring either.
Old 30 May 2018, 20:45 (Ref:3825734)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
But motor racing is supposed be exciting, with cars racing each other and overtaking, what we got was a brilliant display of defensive driving from Daniel in a wounded red bull and very little else. Unlikely people want to see much more of that
Old 30 May 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3825735)   #44
S griffin
Veteran

Well motorsport has the ingredients to be exciting, any overtaking is welcome. Personally I am surprised Ricciardo didn’t slide back. But don’t judge what fans think on one race
Old 30 May 2018, 22:22 (Ref:3825756)   #45
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
But motor racing is supposed be exciting, with cars racing each other and overtaking, what we got was a brilliant display of defensive driving from Daniel in a wounded red bull and very little else. Unlikely people want to see much more of that
There are thousands of examples in every type of series of races where passing is rare. I would say we got a proper "motor" race, in wondering if engines at the end of their life cycles would last, where the eventual winner was seeing his engine (or part of it) going away. It was a spectacle, and dramatic. For this venue, that is pretty good.
Old 31 May 2018, 04:28 (Ref:3825783)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I tend to agree but what if we didn't have the knowledge that Riciardo's car was suffering? Would that lack of knowledge change your view?
Old 31 May 2018, 07:41 (Ref:3825808)   #47
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Am adamant of this, prefer, for thousand times, boring races,
than dangerous races.

That's all I say about this matter.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 16:11 (Ref:3826052)   #48
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I don't get why this race was boring. It had drama and a great scene. Was very interesting. Not the best but not not really boring either.
boring is probably a strong word as there was some interesting stuff going on but i guess for me it really didnt come through so much over the broadcast.

we knew that DR's car was hurting but we never did get to see SV take advantage of it. nor did he seem to even try to take advantage of it.

kind of a side issue (and really a very minor complaint), but with Liberty's push to update the graphics i wonder if more could not have been done to highlight the problems DR was having and how he was dealing with it.

im thinking of the graphics we used to get of gear selections and braking/throttle usage plus side by side comparisons to how SV was handling those same sections/corners etc.

might have had me more engaged if they were sharing more data then just the just the radio comms.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3826057)   #49
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
boring is probably a strong word as there was some interesting stuff going on but i guess for me it really didnt come through so much over the broadcast.

we knew that DR's car was hurting but we never did get to see SV take advantage of it. nor did he seem to even try to take advantage of it.

kind of a side issue (and really a very minor complaint), but with Liberty's push to update the graphics i wonder if more could not have been done to highlight the problems DR was having and how he was dealing with it.

im thinking of the graphics we used to get of gear selections and braking/throttle usage plus side by side comparisons to how SV was handling those same sections/corners etc.

might have had me more engaged if they were sharing more data then just the just the radio comms.
I saw some of thise graphics, with both of their speeds showed at the same time. Trying to see both's top speeds at same spot was hard to do though. Seems like they showed a steering wheel graphic that showed the gear as well. The one graphic I dont like is the blue one overlayed on the halo on the onboard. The info is cool, but it looks video gamish.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 16:48 (Ref:3826061)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
The one graphic I dont like is the blue one overlayed on the halo on the onboard. The info is cool, but it looks video gamish.
I'm with you on that. I seriously dislike it.