Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 28 Dec 2004, 13:17 (Ref:1188807)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The state of and visiting Montlhery.

After this circuit closed last year what still remains? and what is still accessable? I would like to visit this next year (June time) is there any point?

I found a couple of old threads: Goodbye Montlhery and [url=http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55979]Montlhery[url] in this Historic forum.

However what is the latest?

Thanks

Last edited by Adam43; 28 Dec 2004 at 13:19.
Old 28 Dec 2004, 13:36 (Ref:1188815)   #2
Anuauto
Racer

Anuauto has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The eagerly-awaited Veloce book Autodrome may well have something to say?
Old 29 Dec 2004, 10:20 (Ref:1189288)   #3
HoTWire
Racer

HoTWire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A big stack of pictures from the last meeting there are available here :

http://www.retro-rides.com/gallery.asp?folder=36

Last edited by HoTWire; 29 Dec 2004 at 10:22.
Old 29 Dec 2004, 12:51 (Ref:1189342)   #4
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly, i don't think much will be accessable. The banking was scheduled for destruction as far as i know (ask ss_collins, who's writing 'Autodrome', I merely photographed it!) and the road course seems to be off limits given its ownership by the military.

The road course is absolutely incredible, but apparently even Paul Fearnley of Motorsport had trouble getting access for one of their articles.
Old 29 Dec 2004, 13:15 (Ref:1189352)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That doesn't sound ideal. I'll have to think of another Le Mans trip plan then. We can always fall back on Reims, Rouen or Nurburgring (all again)!

There is a lesson here. Get to them when you can...
Old 29 Dec 2004, 16:10 (Ref:1189421)   #6
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or be content with playing them in GPL....
Old 31 Dec 2004, 15:38 (Ref:1190599)   #7
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Monty in GPL aint quite right!

We were very lucky to be able to gain access to the full road course (apart from the section which has been built on). You best bet to get anywhere near the track is contacting UTAC (the french equivalent of DERA or QuinetiQ). To be honest though I doubt you will get far - the road course runs past lots of military structures and a medium sized depot. The banking infield is used as a vehicle proving ground. My understanding is that the banking was to be pulled down this winter.

Not certain whether tis has happened yet. - Other tracks worth a look though are Mettet, Chimay, Dieppe and I think Nivelles. The last winds its way what is now and industrial estate.

Or wait until May when Autodrome comes out - and see the circuits we picked out...

I don't think there will be anyone (apart grom Gi_Gav) who has visited them all on here!
Old 4 Jan 2005, 22:08 (Ref:1193259)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Thanks for the info.