Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 May 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3901205)   #351
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The class is quite clear from the article in touringcartimes.

'the only Supercopa class car confirmed to-date'

A (very quick) Google search reveals the following classes currently available for entry:

NGTC Touring Cars
Super 2000 Touring Cars
International and National series 2 litre Turbocharged Touring Cars
Seat Leon Eurocup Cars
Seat Super Copa 2
Upgraded series production 2.0 Turbocharged Cars
Old 2 May 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3901220)   #352
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Interesting quote in the story on TCR UK's website
Quote:
“Stewart and Nicki Lines who run Maximum Motorsport are the TCR championship’s new organisers have already made a massive difference to the regime and information is now flowing to the teams and the interaction with Maximum Motorsport has given us all renewed confidence that the championships are going to be a great success commercially."
Basically saying that the old TCR UK organisers were crap. Slightly odd thing for TCR UK to be putting out in a press release.
Old 2 May 2019, 17:15 (Ref:3901299)   #353
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Interesting quote in the story on TCR UK's website

Basically saying that the old TCR UK organisers were crap. Slightly odd thing for TCR UK to be putting out in a press release.
I don't think even an optimist can claim it was a roaring success, so I guess it is saying things are improving under new management...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 2 May 2019, 18:11 (Ref:3901338)   #354
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah, it was a missed opportunity. Let’s hope things get better now
Old 2 May 2019, 20:03 (Ref:3901382)   #355
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yeah, it was a missed opportunity. Let’s hope things get better now
seriously?
tcr uk is all but dead. it will have a handful of cars existing as a sub class in a series for old touring cars and one make saloons

you dont honestly think thats a springboard for future success do you?!
it’s just a way of giving some tcr cars a place to race, like they do in britcar and other series.
Old 2 May 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3901391)   #356
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So is this going to be shown on Youtube still in 2019?
Old 2 May 2019, 20:51 (Ref:3901398)   #357
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've obviously misunderstood the series. I thought it was TCR cars running their own championship on track at the same time as the TCT cars in their own. I didn't realise that there was sub classes inside that as well. Going to be even more pointless then with cars guaranteed class wins for just finishing.
Old 2 May 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3901403)   #358
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've tried to support TCR UK, but unfortunately it's seeming more like an answer to the question nobody asked...
Old 3 May 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3901470)   #359
yellowbeard
Rookie

yellowbeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
So is this going to be shown on Youtube still in 2019?
The VW Racing Cup that's run by Maximum has its own youtube channel, so I think it'll most likely be broadcast.
Old 3 May 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3901545)   #360
EarlCdwards
Rookie

EarlCdwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbeard View Post
The VW Racing Cup that's run by Maximum has its own youtube channel, so I think it'll most likely be broadcast.
TCT is in talks with up to three different production companies, depending on who you ask, so there'll be some form of live streaming. Maybe with support races? And maybe with a highlight show on TV?

We'll find out next week!
Old 3 May 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3901568)   #361
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think streaming is their best option. Not sure where it would go on TV though? Maybe an end of season review DVD could happen. Can’t wait to hear more
Old 3 May 2019, 21:22 (Ref:3901598)   #362
EarlCdwards
Rookie

EarlCdwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think streaming is their best option. Not sure where it would go on TV though? Maybe an end of season review DVD could happen. Can’t wait to hear more
The website says "full live stream available at every round" so that seems like a certainty at least.
Old 4 May 2019, 08:16 (Ref:3901673)   #363
S griffin
Veteran

Well that's good, means the dedicated can watch it anytime
Old 7 May 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3902476)   #364
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TCR UK Entry list for this weekend:

Sunny Wong - Volkswagen
Lewis Kent - Hyundai
Carl Swift - CUPRA
Ollie Taylor - CUPRA
Darrelle Wilson - Opel
Old 7 May 2019, 17:27 (Ref:3902493)   #365
pescaraproductions
Rookie

pescaraproductions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlCdwards View Post
TCT is in talks with up to three different production companies, depending on who you ask, so there'll be some form of live streaming. Maybe with support races? And maybe with a highlight show on TV?

We'll find out next week!
As long as they don't god awful job like a lot of them do...

Entry list for this weekend pretty much confirms that the other Huff/Ciceley/Teamwork Golf is in fact another rental with no driver unless they plan to spring something on us last minute. And also begs the question of where did all the others go. They have as many as Britcar does most weekends

Last edited by pescaraproductions; 7 May 2019 at 17:48.
Old 7 May 2019, 23:31 (Ref:3902523)   #366
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2 of the Westcoast Golfs are in TCR Europe, with the other one for sale.
One of the Alfas was written off, and the other one is dormant.
The Pyro FK7 Civic is in TCR Germany, while their FK2 was for sale, but I'm not sure where it is now.
Finlay Crocker's FK7 is dormant. I'm surprised he didn't do TCR Germany again.
The Josh Price FK2 was for sale, as is the SWR car.

Am I missing any?
Old 8 May 2019, 18:52 (Ref:3902684)   #367
pescaraproductions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
2 of the Westcoast Golfs are in TCR Europe, with the other one for sale.
One of the Alfas was written off, and the other one is dormant.
The Pyro FK7 Civic is in TCR Germany, while their FK2 was for sale, but I'm not sure where it is now.
Finlay Crocker's FK7 is dormant. I'm surprised he didn't do TCR Germany again.
The Josh Price FK2 was for sale, as is the SWR car.

Am I missing any?
This is the list I have:

AREA Seat | (Possibly Britcar???)
Dockers Golf | (Britcar/Various Enduros)
CTR-Alfatune Seat | (Britcar/Various Enduros)
BPM Motorsport Seat | (Britcar/Various Enduros)
DAT Racing Seat | (Britcar/Various Enduros)
Seriously Motorsport Seat | (MSV Super Cup)
ManGoes Racing Seat | (MSV Super Cup)
Andrew Morrison Seat | (Northern Sports and Saloons)
Steve Rothery has a Peugeot | (CMMC Southern Tin Tops)
RamAir have a Golf and a Seat | (Combe GT/Various Enduros)
Crockers Civic | (???)
DPE's Alfa | (???)
Pyro FK2 Civic | (???)
SWR Civic | (For sale/rental)
Lines Seat | (Britcar, but TCR UK for this weekend)
Swifts Seat | (TCR UK for now)
Kent Hyundai | (TCR UK)
Wilson Astra | (TCR UK)
Huff/Teamwork Golf | (TCR UK, only 1 now though)
Nick Halstead Civic | (Stickered up for TCR UK)
BMR Academy Civic | (For Sale)

I'm sure someone can update me as to what is incorrect here, but as you can see, we aren't short on potential, so the argument that this was a dead idea to start with is redundant. Problems lie with the execution of said idea as discussed.

22 Possible cars I count, and there was briefly rumour of second cars for Kent, BMR and Teamwork once, though I'm certain now these were talked about to try and gain some interest in the series. Just think what could have been though...
Old 8 May 2019, 22:20 (Ref:3902706)   #368
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im not convinced the Rothery Peugeot is a TCR model or just a converted roadcar? Dont think it has a rear spoiler.

Mind you, people can hardly say there's no UK interest in TCR if there are that many cars over here... Surely a bespoke championship for all those entrants at a reasonable price is a no brainer?! Im confused.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 9 May 2019, 07:04 (Ref:3902732)   #369
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Im not convinced the Rothery Peugeot is a TCR model or just a converted roadcar? Dont think it has a rear spoiler.

Mind you, people can hardly say there's no UK interest in TCR if there are that many cars over here... Surely a bespoke championship for all those entrants at a reasonable price is a no brainer?! Im confused.

It is a proper TCR car. It's just the series it runs in dictates that the rear wing is mounted lower down, thus making it hard to see.

When it first came out the end of last year it had its previous livery still on it.
Old 9 May 2019, 07:11 (Ref:3902734)   #370
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Had a quick look at it in the paddock at Brands a few weeks ago. Absolutely a factory built TCR/Cup car. Chassis 052 as I recall.
Old 9 May 2019, 07:18 (Ref:3902737)   #371
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be cost pure and simple IMO. It's four times more expensive per round at least than some of the other series the cars are doing and those series have decent sized grids.

Without the media exposure what's the point? I do realise it's a bit chicken and egg but I would expect a series with ambition to be bankrolling media deals etc far more aggressively.
Old 9 May 2019, 07:20 (Ref:3902738)   #372
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post
It is a proper TCR car. It's just the series it runs in dictates that the rear wing is mounted lower down, thus making it hard to see.

When it first came out the end of last year it had its previous livery still on it.
Ah interesting. Thanks for clarifying!

Old 9 May 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3902746)   #373
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Has to be cost pure and simple IMO. It's four times more expensive per round at least than some of the other series the cars are doing and those series have decent sized grids.

Without the media exposure what's the point? I do realise it's a bit chicken and egg but I would expect a series with ambition to be bankrolling media deals etc far more aggressively.
When you've got a UK-based team demonstrating that they're quite happy to do a season exclusively in TCR Germany, there's clearly something fundamentally wrong with TCR UK.
Old 9 May 2019, 09:56 (Ref:3902762)   #374
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
When you've got a UK-based team demonstrating that they're quite happy to do a season exclusively in TCR Germany, there's clearly something fundamentally wrong with TCR UK.
tcr uk only really exists in name only, as a class in a low level series on the club racing scene. so its no wonder a serious tcr team or driver would go somewhere else!
Old 9 May 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3902784)   #375
pescaraproductions
Rookie

Quote:

That's what confused me since the middle of last year, I'm not convinced that's all of them either.

I hear a lot that racing in Europe is a cheaper than doing so over here, maybe that's one reason. The dreaded B word has also contributed to a number of British drivers struggling to get a hold of sponsorship too. The sheer mess and alienation of a lot of the first year fans won't have done much for both series and teams looking to enter, plus there was the Moffat fiasco and Lines wasn't too pleased with it either, no one wants to be a part of a series that's been this poorly ran(Personally this is the big killer so far). Other issues lie possibly with the race format approach. You see a lot on there who are running in Enduro, probably to split costs and get more track time. Maybe the calendar should have had 2, 40 minute races with driver swaps to draw some of those in, like the BTCC used to have at Donington. But as we've said, there's a lot of reasons. I know a lot of them are the old DSG Seat's which are supposedly meant to be a tiny bit slower, but there's that many out there they could have their own Seat Race at the back!