Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Feb 2002, 23:57 (Ref:212790)   #1
Abs
Rookie

Abs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New LM book???

Didn't know if this was a new book or not, it's titled 'Le Mans 1970 - 1980' the ISBN is 9 782951 3 64226 and was produced by Michael Bollee.

The review is in Classic & Sportscar (March Edition) and starts something like 'Unable to accept leaving certain photos sleeping at the bottom of a drawer, I have decided to deliver them to you in the form of images of the legendary race. This is little more than a collection of above average happy snaps taken at La Sarthe during the decade'.

Not sure if anyone has it and can pass judgement about the content but I for one will be looking out for it.
Old 9 Feb 2002, 09:40 (Ref:212906)   #2
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have seen this book available on French websites. Someone was also selling it on ebay. Sounds very good, 100 or so A4 size colour pictures of the race from 1970-1980. The price I have seen is 40 Euro.
Old 9 Feb 2002, 19:20 (Ref:213000)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds interesting. Anyone out there got a copy?
Old 20 Feb 2002, 16:50 (Ref:219536)   #4
Banks
Rookie

Banks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought it the other day - being a complete addict of Le Mans photos.
Has minimal text in both French and English and really good photographs (although obviously amateur by todays standards) Lots of pictures of the normaly ignored cars from the middle and back of the grid (between 1970 and 80 ), and a lot of images taken during the relevent Spring testing sessions.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 17:42 (Ref:219558)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are we talking about a new publication Banks, or has it been around for some time?
Old 21 Feb 2002, 10:03 (Ref:219963)   #6
Banks
Rookie

Banks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure it is new -I don't usually miss anything!
I'll check the printing details in the book this evening and let you know
Old 21 Feb 2002, 10:21 (Ref:219969)   #7
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is indeed a new book, it was reviewed in Classic and Sportscar and I know that www.grandprixmodels.com have some in stock, as I imagine do other motoring book sellers. The ISBN is
ISBN2951364229. Le Mans 1970-1980 (Michel Bollee). UK price is 19.95UKP, European 40EURO.I got mine yesterday, the pictures are of some nice and obscure subjects in places, and the French captions read better than the English. Is it worth buying, I personally think, definitely.
Old 21 Feb 2002, 13:16 (Ref:220042)   #8
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forget new books dailysportscarnews report that there may be a new film in the offing!!!, DAMs are reported to be hoping to secure two entries at this years race, one is there '99 lola leased back for the race, and the other a Panoz LMP.
each car will have two sets of bodywork, thereby creating two teams of two cars.
the subject matter is to be comic book racing star Michel Vallient (wrong spelling I know! The artist is Jean Gaton who has produced
some fine motor art that is hanging in my house!).
Lets hope this happens and for there sake the cars last more than the first lap or it will be a very short film indeed.

Last edited by Nordic; 21 Feb 2002 at 13:17.
Old 21 Feb 2002, 15:20 (Ref:220098)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Michel Vaillant by Jean Graton, and his son nowadays...

A movie was made at the end of the 80' at Le Mans on the same subject. The pilot (Grandsire) was named "michel Vaillant" the year after, and that upseted him...

The car - a old Lola - is not very "sexy"...