Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 May 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1613240)   #16
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
thats possible, most things are for a price ! new steels are available to a different style, so it might not be too prohibitive if they are too far gone.

I've never had a problem with TB, but he's different to say the least in his approach and mannerisms with customers !

I know Lens site has Mag wheels, and I have seen one of Andys cars with wobbly webs which where apparently cast blank and drilled to fit the cortina.
I've got a few pics of late 66 LC's with BRM mag wheels.

Q: I have Dunlop D1's . . .where they ever made in Magnesium ?
Old 19 May 2006, 07:57 (Ref:1614019)   #17
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is just that I bought my TVR Grantura in Canada and it came with American Racing magnesium wheels. Nice wheels , minilite type. I bought 8 compomotive minilite lookalikes in England. So we run those now (good wheels b.t.w.)
But now I have those american wheels in the workshop without using them which is a pitty because they look good. I might get them cracktested but that might be more expensive then a new compomotive!!
Old 19 May 2006, 08:03 (Ref:1614022)   #18
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
But now I have those american wheels in the workshop without using them which is a pitty because they look good. I might get them cracktested but that might be more expensive then a new compomotive!!
We've established that getting 8 Mag wheels restored to new is the same price as a new set of 4 Aluminium wheels . . . . given that Mag wheels are 4 times the price of Aluminium its worth it AMR weels are cool too !
Old 7 Jan 2022, 18:00 (Ref:4092800)   #19
jleonard
Rookie

jleonard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MB wheels

Does anyone know what happened to MB racing wheels? I was working with Mike Barnby on some Dymag replica four spoke wheels. Now seems shut down and website gone.
Old 15 Jan 2022, 20:48 (Ref:4093900)   #20
piekey
Rookie

piekey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MB was/is based in Medway towns & lives up in Surrey, i did hear the retirement word muttered a few times. There are phone numbers about online.
Good luck with crack testing.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 04:45 (Ref:4094347)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are diy crack testing kits available for very reasonable money. I used a few different types when fabricating at Cambridge motor Sport. Best one was a two components type spray. Aerosol the 'finder' onto the piece, let it soak for around five minutes then use the second can to show up any cracks etc. I'm pretty certain that kit came from Wurth.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 18:59 (Ref:4094433)   #22
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dont we need an official crack testing made by a recognized company, delivering a certificate with numbers and so on?
Old 24 Jan 2022, 10:46 (Ref:4095152)   #23
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Dont we need an official crack testing made by a recognized company, delivering a certificate with numbers and so on?
Read regulations, Appendix III to Appendix K to answer guesses.