Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Feb 2022, 09:32 (Ref:4098374)   #2126
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've got everything, I think, bar the Irishmen. I can only believe that I just don't have a devious enough mind!
Old 12 Feb 2022, 11:22 (Ref:4098381)   #2127
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I've got everything, I think, bar the Irishmen. I can only believe that I just don't have a devious enough mind!
Mike Powell came up with some ingenious answers, mostly wrong, but clever.

The answers are really very simple, not for the devious of mind types.
Old 12 Feb 2022, 12:11 (Ref:4098384)   #2128
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Send them in - give me a laugh.
Old 13 Feb 2022, 02:11 (Ref:4098447)   #2129
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PM sent again with one more answer
Old 13 Feb 2022, 11:04 (Ref:4098481)   #2130
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Powell View Post
PM sent again with one more answer
Mike, my mail box was full, could not pick up your message, try again.

Bob.
Old 13 Feb 2022, 13:57 (Ref:4098497)   #2131
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Mike, my mail box was full, could not pick up your message, try again.

Bob.
Yeah that’s why my full set of correct answers did not arrive!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 13 Feb 2022, 18:28 (Ref:4098512)   #2132
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, yeah, 356, good point!
Old 13 Feb 2022, 19:27 (Ref:4098518)   #2133
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Yeah that’s why my full set of correct answers did not arrive!!
To quote John Wayne. "That'll be the day".
Old 13 Feb 2022, 19:46 (Ref:4098522)   #2134
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can not find a fruit! got the rest.
Old 13 Feb 2022, 19:59 (Ref:4098523)   #2135
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I can not find a fruit! got the rest.
Well , there was a nice pair/ pear , or some melons or cherrys 0n Britannia .

Or have I got the way baubles mind works wrong .
Old 13 Feb 2022, 21:30 (Ref:4098528)   #2136
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Well , there was a nice pair/ pear , or some melons or cherrys 0n Britannia .

Or have I got the way baubles mind works wrong .
This 'quiz' is as old as time, I am surprised nobody had the answers;

Fruit = A date (1948)
Shampoo = Head and Shoulders.
2 Pubs = The Queens Head, Brittania, perhaps The Crown.

Simples.
Old 13 Feb 2022, 21:52 (Ref:4098533)   #2137
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've never seen a pub called Britannia

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 13 Feb 2022, 21:58 (Ref:4098534)   #2138
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

What a sheltered life you must have ked.
Old 13 Feb 2022, 22:19 (Ref:4098537)   #2139
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

#60....
https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/stats/pubs/pub-names/
Old 14 Feb 2022, 08:15 (Ref:4098575)   #2140
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What a sheltered life you must have ked.
That was my point....

Old 14 Feb 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4098589)   #2141
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
That was my point....

Brittania is listed, so just because you have never noticed one as you tear around the roads at demon speeds, does not invalidate the answers to my puzzle. I have noticed when people don't know the answer they tend to nit pick, and carp about some perceived 'errror' in the question. Why they can't just admit they are dumb, beats me,

Oh! By the way; Fifty Irishmen? They are in the two pubs.
Old 14 Feb 2022, 13:02 (Ref:4098614)   #2142
midgetman
Veteran

I didn't doubt you! I merely said I'd never seen a Britannia pub.

Old 14 Feb 2022, 14:15 (Ref:4098632)   #2143
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I didn't doubt you! I merely said I'd never seen a Britannia pub.

MM, being TT I do not tend to notice Public Houses as I travel around, so I cannot say, with hand on heart, that I have seen one called Brittania either.

We will both have to hope that it is one thing we can tick off of our Bucket List before it is too late.

Cheers,

Bauble Bob.
Old 14 Feb 2022, 15:04 (Ref:4098640)   #2144
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To be pedantic, Bob, the spelling is with only one "t", and there are quite a few of them around. Amusingly, the listing that CRM provided doesn't have one of the pubs that is possibly the most famous in the land. Well. it does have at least one song written about it, and that is The Old Bull and Bush.

And talking about pubs, Hampstead in North West London has quite a few well known drinking establishments, namely as above The B & B, Jack Straw's Castle, The Spaniards and the Flask to name just four. What I loved about them and all the others around the area was that you just never knew who you might be sitting next to. My last visit before I went off to Spain, I and my partner at the time shared an outside table at the Holly Bush with Melanie Chisholm (a member of the Spice Girls who were a female singing ensemble, m'lud) with her latest squeeze. Hampstead has always tended to be a paparazzi free area, so established names were able to go around without being harassed.
Old 14 Feb 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4098657)   #2145
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't there a pub towards London's east end called The Prospect of Whitby. I always thought they would need bloody good eyesight to see Whitby from there.
Old 14 Feb 2022, 16:47 (Ref:4098664)   #2146
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
To be pedantic, Bob, the spelling is with only one "t", and there are quite a few of them around. Amusingly, the listing that CRM provided doesn't have one of the pubs that is possibly the most famous in the land. Well. it does have at least one song written about it, and that is The Old Bull and Bush.

And talking about pubs, Hampstead in North West London has quite a few well known drinking establishments, namely as above The B & B, Jack Straw's Castle, The Spaniards and the Flask to name just four. What I loved about them and all the others around the area was that you just never knew who you might be sitting next to. My last visit before I went off to Spain, I and my partner at the time shared an outside table at the Holly Bush with Melanie Chisholm (a member of the Spice Girls who were a female singing ensemble, m'lud) with her latest squeeze. Hampstead has always tended to be a paparazzi free area, so established names were able to go around without being harassed.
Be as pedantic as you like, Mike, pedantry is better than pederasty.
Old 14 Feb 2022, 16:59 (Ref:4098665)   #2147
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Isn't there a pub towards London's east end called The Prospect of Whitby. I always thought they would need bloody good eyesight to see Whitby from there.
Yes , on the river bank .
Bit of useless info . It is one of the oldest pubs in the UK , at over 500 years old .
But was renamed s couple of hundred years ago after a coal ship which frequently tied up there to unload .

Edit . might only be be 150 years ago , but was Victorian times

Last edited by Tel 911S; 14 Feb 2022 at 17:03. Reason: additions
Old 14 Feb 2022, 18:09 (Ref:4098669)   #2148
midgetman
Veteran

Mike, Mel C is of course more famous for being the sister of touring car driver Paul O'Neill.

Old 14 Feb 2022, 18:09 (Ref:4098670)   #2149
midgetman
Veteran

Bauble - I had to look that up and wished I hadn't done so

Old 14 Feb 2022, 23:00 (Ref:4098711)   #2150
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
This 'quiz' is as old as time, I am surprised nobody had the answers;

Fruit = A date (1948)
Shampoo = Head and Shoulders.
2 Pubs = The Queens Head, Brittania, perhaps The Crown.

Simples.
And the 50 Irishmen ?