Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jul 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1355417)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Toyota and Beemer V8's debut at Jerez

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=92732

I imagine the 5 seconds per lap difference between the V10 and V8's is just them keeping the rev's low? Or maybe the fact that the car is designed for a V10?
Old 14 Jul 2005, 14:08 (Ref:1355430)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont think the entire 5 secs would be down to the difference in power... Since it was the first run i'd expect them to be running on lower revs...
Old 14 Jul 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1355431)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I've read over at the Ferrari site (www.ferrari.it) that the new V8's cause completely different (and potentially troublesome) vibrations that will require a redesign of the suspension. That probably contributes to the slow times.
Old 14 Jul 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1355481)   #4
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
There seemed to have been a general consensus among the teams, prior to any hitting the track, that there would probably be a fair few unexpected challenges pop-up (as with all such things).

It is, in my opinion, going to be a fascinating few months as they come to grips with all the issues, then go about finding solutions.

The one thing we can be sure of, I think, is the better teams are going to come up with some brilliant answers. They usually do.