Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > Predictions Competitions

View Poll Results: Pole: Round 3, Corvette vs. Aston Martin
Corvette will take the victory 15 38.46%
Aston Martin will take the victory 16 41.03%
Too close to call 5 12.82%
One of the dark horses will take the victory 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Sep 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1409518)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Poll: Round 3, Corvette vs. Aston Martin

After two rounds the series lies tied at one and one.

At Sebring the Corvettes soundly trounced Aston Martin in qualifying but lost out to the winning Aston Martin after 12 hours of intense racing.

At Le Mans, the story was reveresed with Aston Martin showing superior qualifying pace. But after 24 hours of competition the Corvette boys took the top two spots in GT1.

So, now we come to Road Atlanta and Petit Le Mans. Who will come out on top after 1000 miles?

Edit: um, how do you edit the poll title? Firstly, I mispelled poll (pole). Secondly, it would be better if the poll question read as "Who will win GT1 at Petit Le Mans?"
Old 16 Sep 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1409523)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I think Corvette
Old 16 Sep 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1409528)   #3
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm saying Corvette too.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1409532)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I also voted for Corvette. It's tough not to. Pratt and Miller are a class bunch, the driver line-ups are very solid, and the C6R is a great racecar.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 19:06 (Ref:1409535)   #5
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aston Martin also didn't do as much as was expected at the Spa 24 hours either - Maserati took that one, by the end pretty convincingly too. I reckon the C6.R would beat the MC12 in Europe, the C5-R isn't doing too bad a job in privateer hands, so I don't see too much how the DBR9 can win.

Shame the MC12 was binned in the end - a Mazza/Vette/Aston battle in 2006, after the winter developments, would have been awesome, no matter how controversial the car is/was.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1409550)   #6
almzkid
Rookie

almzkid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't understand why IMSA has decided to reduce the restrictor size for the Viper, Saleen and Maserati after Road America and Mosport provided bar Sebring the most competitive GT1 racing of the year. It would be a 6 car dogfight not just a 4 car battle if they just left the restrictors the way they where....hopefully they change there mind and let the Saleen and Maserati build on there Mosport momentum

By the way GO Aston...I hate the vettes.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1409592)   #7
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the Aston is designed for LeMans . so i would say Corvette for Pole at Petit
and win for Maserati

Ciao Marco
Old 16 Sep 2005, 23:32 (Ref:1409654)   #8
Foster
Racer

Canada
The Maritimes
Foster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Corvette in this 1000 mile race.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 23:34 (Ref:1409657)   #9
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
the Aston is designed for LeMans . so i would say Corvette for Pole at Petit
and win for Maserati
Well should say the Aston was designed for LeMans but remember after LM the ACO both got after them and Panoz over there LM special noses. My pick is Corvette for PLM.
Old 17 Sep 2005, 01:29 (Ref:1409696)   #10
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by almzkid
I don't understand why IMSA has decided to reduce the restrictor size for the Viper, Saleen and Maserati after Road America and Mosport provided bar Sebring the most competitive GT1 racing of the year.
My understanding about the restrictors is because it is a qualifier for Le Mans, so they have to go back to ACO (FIA in the case of Maserati?) restrictor, which I didn't know before---but I have a question, the Maserati wasn't an 'official' entry at Sebring, but is it now? What happens if it somehow wins at Petit?

I voted Corvette. I think they have the pace, the certainly have the experience overall and at Road Atlanta, but I think they will be pushed hard and that opens doors, witness Sebring! This will be some race!

robert
Old 17 Sep 2005, 08:47 (Ref:1409785)   #11
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it's still not official ..i think

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Sep 2005, 09:53 (Ref:1409815)   #12
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
"opens doors" - Mazza know about that too, just see Monza FIA GT
Old 17 Sep 2005, 13:50 (Ref:1409936)   #13
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
it's still not official ..i think
Right, so it isn't racing for a shot at qualifying for Le Mans-but it will have the FIA restrictor so that it can run against the Astons and Corvettes for comparitive pace, and I guess then make it easier to petition ACO to allow them in?

Well, nothing is ever as clear as the mud in my own mind.
Old 17 Sep 2005, 14:40 (Ref:1409953)   #14
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Corvette. Overall, the C6-R seems to be the better racecar. Especially in the hands of the factory team.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1410827)   #15
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Corvette because although the Aston is faster, the Vette is more reliable. Will still be supporting the green machines though
Old 18 Sep 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1410895)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It'll be a good fight, but Saleen will win it!

Actually I think Aston will grab it, just. One of the cars will last and the pace will be enough, even with the slight weight disadvantage.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 15:57 (Ref:1411468)   #17
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I do believe the Corvettes have the same weight disadvantage per the ACO regs post Le Mans. But someone more in the know can correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1411665)   #18
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
I do believe the Corvettes have the same weight disadvantage per the ACO regs post Le Mans. But someone more in the know can correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes they are both at the same weight.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 07:22 (Ref:1411952)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I want Astons to win but I expect the Corvettes will. Astons two straight victories 'out of the box' were a pleasant surprise but raised expectation too quickly. They still need some more races under their belt before they are sufficiently battle hardened and developed to realise their true potential.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1412125)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I want Johnny Kane to win his class in the DBR9 !