Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Mar 2013, 16:47 (Ref:3223752)   #1
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plonker of the Race

I would have made this a poll, but it looks like only Mods can do that.

So who is your Plonker of the Race?

1. Alonso, for carrying on with a broken wing
2. Hamilton, for forgetting which team he drives for
3. Toro Rosso lollipop man, for causing another of those pitlane accidents which turned out to be not nearly as bad as it might have been
4. Force India pit crew, for chaotic stops that even exceeded the famous Ferrari "committee meetings" of old
5. Webber, for believing Vettel would obey team orders
6. Vettel, for admitting he disobeyed team orders
7. Rosberg, for obeying team orders
8. Other
Old 24 Mar 2013, 16:49 (Ref:3223756)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not even going to go there.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 17:30 (Ref:3223798)   #3
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm not even going to go there.
I can't remember a race with as many candidates, but no, I'm not going to choose either.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 18:17 (Ref:3223834)   #4
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
I'll bite! Alonso. (although that depends on who chose to keep going)
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 18:31 (Ref:3223847)   #5
Robert
Racer

Robert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari for allowing Alonso to continue.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3223851)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
8. Other ?
Old 24 Mar 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3223852)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can you vote for a plonker thread of the race?
Old 24 Mar 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3223853)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8. Helmut Marko for his unshakeable loyalty to Mark Webber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Can you vote for a plonker thread of the race?
Far too many to choose from.......
Old 24 Mar 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3223865)   #9
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Too many plonkers, not enough Del Boys.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 18:55 (Ref:3223873)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well Warwick was the driver steward........
Old 24 Mar 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3223882)   #11
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
I'll bite! Alonso. (although that depends on who chose to keep going)
Wasn't the corner after pit entry where he stuffed it.

Vettel second.

LH third.

Lada WTCC however outscored them all in the FIA Plonker of Year

Last edited by TWRv12; 24 Mar 2013 at 19:08.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 19:04 (Ref:3223885)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well Warwick was the driver steward........
A quality driver steward.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3223912)   #13
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Hilderbrand
Old 24 Mar 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3223925)   #14
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I would have made this a poll, but it looks like only Mods can do that.

So who is your Plonker of the Race?

3. Toro Rosso lollipop man, for causing another of those pitlane accidents which turned out to be not nearly as bad as it might have been
4. Force India pit crew, for chaotic stops that even exceeded the famous Ferrari "committee meetings" of old
8. Other
Alonso - what can one say?
Hamilton made my wife and I laugh out loud
Toro Rosso should train their guy on a school crossing first
Force India for impersonating the Keystone cops
Webber for being so naive
Vettel for ****ing off not only Webber but Newey and Horner
Rosberg for not having his dad's spunk and taking Lewis
Mclaren for not bringing last year's car to the race ! Jenson might have go a podium then !

Roll on China.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 20:00 (Ref:3223937)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Hilderbrand
Good choice but wrong series.

Maybe there should be a Retard of the Race poll over on the IndyCar forum?

Force India.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 21:20 (Ref:3224013)   #16
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton's gaff put me in mind of the episode of Only Fools & Horses where Rodney after marrying Cassandra forgets that he is now a married man and instead of going home to his new apartment returns as he has done for many years to the home he has grown up in Nelson Mandela house.

Upon coming through the door Del Boy addresses Rodney......"can I tell you something that will stand you in good sted? ...well how can I put this? You don't live here anymore!!! (What a Plonka)
Old 24 Mar 2013, 21:24 (Ref:3224017)   #17
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Mrs and I just watched laps 1-15 because we missed them this morning.

Hamilton. I haven't laughed so much in *ages*. The way the McLaren pit crew waved him through in such a friendly way was bloody hilarious!
Old 24 Mar 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3224019)   #18
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
McLaren in general, now in 7th battling STR and Sauber in the standings.

Maldonado gets an honourable mention.
Old 24 Mar 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3224022)   #19
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
The Mrs and I just watched laps 1-15 because we missed them this morning.

Hamilton. I haven't laughed so much in *ages*. The way the McLaren pit crew waved him through in such a friendly way was bloody hilarious!
If they hadn't been waiting to service their own cars, it would have been funny if they had just bent down and pretended to service the car and then sent him back out on track.

I laughed out loud twice. First when Alonso drove past the pit entry and then had his front wing come off immediately after that. Second, when Hamilton pulled into the McLaren pit. I know what Hamilton was thinking, I have no idea what Ferrari was thinking (did anyone really think it was better to stay out with that wing and hope to give it another lap or two to get dry weather tires? You try that type of crazy stuff when you are nobody hoping for a miracle not a top team like Ferrari?)

Richard
Old 24 Mar 2013, 21:32 (Ref:3224023)   #20
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Webber. See other thread. For not getting it into his head, this is not a gentlemans "sport".
Rosberg, from this race realising giving your teammate a podium is a no go no brainer. Gets you nowwhere Nico, only a No2 rating..
Old 24 Mar 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3224037)   #21
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

All of the above !!
Old 24 Mar 2013, 22:44 (Ref:3224069)   #22
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Vettel has to be pretty stupid or so pig headed arrogant to think what he did wasn't going to cause ripples.

messing with Webber is fine. Going against Horner and Newey is a rather stupid thing to do when you are the golden boy.

RBR still got the result they were after...but the question is do they care who is running the asylum. If they do I expect Seb to be benched for P1 in China for discip-line reasons and Buemi step up for Prac 1
Old 24 Mar 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3224087)   #23
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFfan View Post
Hamilton's gaff put me in mind of the episode of Only Fools & Horses where Rodney after marrying Cassandra forgets that he is now a married man and instead of going home to his new apartment returns as he has done for many years to the home he has grown up in Nelson Mandela house.

I did the same after living at home for 33 years but didn't actually go indoors !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Mar 2013, 23:49 (Ref:3224095)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a kind of understandable error from Lewis though, he did spend his whole career so far with the McLaren boys.

The weird one was Button in China 2011. He pulled into the Red Bull pit despite never driving for a team in dark blue overalls! Although handily the McLaren pit was right next door.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 01:29 (Ref:3224123)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can we keep Plonker of the Race as a regular thread?