Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 May 2014, 09:38 (Ref:3406545)   #301
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Lewis Hamilton's pole time on Sunday was 1:25.232. Pastor Maldohnado has done a best of 1:24.871 on the same track during the test!
Wow, so he really is as quick as Boullier says he is then.

Pity he didn't do it in quali!
Old 15 May 2014, 09:39 (Ref:3406546)   #302
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Well Caterham's program was finished at day one, thanks to mr. kobacrashi.

That's unfair he hardly ever crashes anything!
Old 15 May 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3406566)   #303
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another thing to come out of the test is that Juncadella and Vandoorne did enough miles to qualify for Superlicences.
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/...-in-barcelona/
Old 15 May 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3406640)   #304
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Lewis Hamilton's pole time on Sunday was 1:25.232. Pastor Maldohnado has done a best of 1:24.871 on the same track during the test!
Wow, so he really is as quick as Boullier says he is then.

I believe it's a case of supersofts as with Chilton the previous day. Still, no one will deny he has good speed in there somewhere.
Old 15 May 2014, 17:32 (Ref:3406705)   #305
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
The most significant things to come out of the Lotus test are that the car was reliable, did a large number of laps, and was quick, which means that Lotus are overcoming their problems.
Malonado was the driver, but we knew from 2012 that he could be quick around Barcelona.
The supersoft tyre also makes an average car look good. Just remember that not all Maldonado's running was on supersoft's.
Old 15 May 2014, 22:37 (Ref:3406795)   #306
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lotus did say that their season would start in Spain, so it seems like they really did know that they had a lot of potential in their car that they wouldn't be able to access until Spain. I 100% didn't believe them when they said that at the start of the year, I thought they were just trying to appease their sponsors. Still, I'm going to hold off on declaring Lotus to be back at the front since testing won't be truly representative of the races
Old 15 May 2014, 23:18 (Ref:3406804)   #307
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I don't think Lotus will leapfrog Red Bull and Mercedes, but the other Mercedes powered teams will be challenged and they will overcome McLaren relatively easily unless McLaren find the cause of their problems.
But I have a theory about that (McLaren).
I think the car was good in testing and at Melbourne because it was good...
Since then they have slid off the boil and I have heard that Button is quoted as saying that Magnussen's inexperience is hurting the teams development...

I think McLaren are heading down a blind alley, one that is keeping them blind to what the chassis really needs and how it works. Button is finding it difficult to get to the bottom of it but that is not the first time that has happened...
I think Kevin may be more onto it than Button is and that is making it difficult to get a handle on where to go...