Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Nov 2007, 01:14 (Ref:2058346)   #51
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
You are bad aren't you..
Old 8 Nov 2007, 13:51 (Ref:2063010)   #52
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And on the other side of the marshaling issue. I never see Ecclestone giving any credit to the quality and efficiency of the marshals at Silverstone. When i watch GP's on TV, from his so called modern circuits, i am often appalled at the poor quality of the marshaling. They sometimes remind me of the keystone cops.
Old 8 Nov 2007, 14:36 (Ref:2063046)   #53
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sincerely hope, Mr Sideways, you're not referring to British marshals, as I'd hate to leave you in the gravel trap upside down......
Old 8 Nov 2007, 14:45 (Ref:2063056)   #54
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways
from his so called modern circuits, i am often appalled at the poor quality of the marshaling.
I don't think British marshals are being implicated here as Silverstone can hardly be called a 'modern circuit'!!!
Old 8 Nov 2007, 15:30 (Ref:2063092)   #55
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have read my post again and can only say that you must be reading it upside down Clive . I am clearly praising British marshals who in my humble opinion are the best in the world by a country mile.
Great guys and gals off the circuit and always there when you need them, in the event of trouble.
Old 8 Nov 2007, 15:32 (Ref:2063095)   #56
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I knew that, just making doubly sure
Old 8 Nov 2007, 15:42 (Ref:2063105)   #57
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
Thats ok then. Extra quick please if you ever see that helmet, wrong way up
Old 8 Nov 2007, 15:51 (Ref:2063112)   #58
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Sorry!! What's this? We only do this and preferably Ol' SPeckled Hen (being an MG man!)
Old 8 Nov 2007, 16:01 (Ref:2063118)   #59
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
Sorry!! What's this? We only do this and preferably Ol' SPeckled Hen (being an MG man!)
Although I'm sure you're not condoning while driving!!
Old 8 Nov 2007, 16:14 (Ref:2063128)   #60
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Certainly not! Wouldn't want to spill any!
Old 8 Nov 2007, 16:24 (Ref:2063137)   #61
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
A suitably qualified co-driver, I've found, can always avoid spillage.
Old 8 Nov 2007, 16:28 (Ref:2063141)   #62
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Sounds like just the job for me then! When do I start?
Old 8 Nov 2007, 16:46 (Ref:2063149)   #63
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive
Sounds like just the job for me then! When do I start?
Once the http://www.kegerators.net/portable-k...rigerators.php installation is complete
Old 8 Nov 2007, 17:26 (Ref:2063173)   #64
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm
Although I'm sure you're not condoning while driving!!
The great, late Gerry Marshall always went quicker in the afternoon, after a few pints of his favorite tipple over the lunch break !!!!.
Old 10 Nov 2007, 23:51 (Ref:2064705)   #65
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
There is an interesting report about the proposed development of Silverstone here, together with a link to another site - end of the first sentence - from which you can download drawings if you wish. Be warned the download is 13.46mb and is a 60 page document and not particularly user friendly.
Old 11 Nov 2007, 22:35 (Ref:2065235)   #66
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder: If they do that promise about put Silverstone aside of F1? What will happen???
This whingeing is only a measure to attract investors.
Old 22 May 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2208947)   #67
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another in the series of odious rants about money / BRDC / Silverstone from one Mr £cclestone. Must have received bad news in his family trust accounts recently
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/n...dead_duck.html
Old 22 May 2008, 11:24 (Ref:2208960)   #68
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly, I really do think it's going to happen this time. Hopefully with all the bull**** that is flying around the sport at the moment it'll implode in on itself and we'll have something sensible again one day. I wouldn't count on it though.
Old 22 May 2008, 12:09 (Ref:2208991)   #69
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let's hope fetish man goes and realises that history is one of F1's greatest assets. No British GP (or no Italian/Monaco/Belgian for that matter) is like test cricket without Lords.
Old 22 May 2008, 13:47 (Ref:2209070)   #70
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Let's hope fetish man goes and realises that history is one of F1's greatest assets. No British GP (or no Italian/Monaco/Belgian for that matter) is like test cricket without Lords.
Absolutely agree. If BE continues down this route he's risking alienating the core fanbase of F1 who, without the classic venues to attend will take their support and money elsewhere.

Sure, he'll still have a few VIP's to stick in the grandstands but they will soon dry up when they realise the rest of the world has lost interest.
Old 22 May 2008, 13:58 (Ref:2209075)   #71
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Lets hope he loses his memory and can not find his way back to where he made such a perfect nuisance of himself. The great visions of BE leaving F1 and being an ideal candidate to cause even more confusion in Association Football have unfortunately receded some what. Imagine the conversations between the little feller and Alex Ferguson.
Old 22 May 2008, 15:14 (Ref:2209113)   #72
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, shoot me for treason if you must, but I'm afraid I happen to think Bernie's right. As usual.

It's incredibly frustrating that we must have this cycle of statement and counter-statement every year, but then if the BRDC actually DID something perhaps that cycle might be broken.

Sadly though the BRDC still strikes me as another great British organisation of old farts in blazers who couldn't plan a jumble sale.

Cue a counter statement of nonsensical bluster from Messrs Stewart and Hill.
Old 23 May 2008, 09:04 (Ref:2209630)   #73
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree it's high time the BRDC did something, but paying the Ecclestone family trust (indirectly) many millions of pounds for the privilege of hosting a F1 parade.... errr... sorry "race" isn't what they should be doing.

Improving the facilities certainly yes, but I don't see why the BRDC should pay the prices being paid by nepotistic governments with dubious human rights records who simply want to have a shiny profile without changing anything.

I do keep wondering if F1 has moved to a different place on the motorsports spectrum and I have no interest in moving with it......
Old 23 May 2008, 09:23 (Ref:2209638)   #74
browney
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
browney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe I'm just cynical but I think that the facilities at a track have a lot less to do with Bernie wanting them to have a GP than how much they are willing to pay him.
Old 23 May 2008, 19:19 (Ref:2209998)   #75
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, it really is to do with the fact that the seats at Silverstone don't have gold lined cushions. And the pits are tiny (literally microscopic), seriously it is like the old days at Monaco.

This has absolutely nothing to do with commercial value and the will to have a race in the middle of an all new, vast and featureless desert during the night.