Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Oct 2008, 04:05 (Ref:2319546)   #1
FPRXR-6
Racer

FPRXR-6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DJR sign Jim Beam for 3 more years

www.v8supercar.com.au

Regardless of who will be driving for Dick Johnson Racing next year, the future of the team is safe.

With talk that Will Davison is heading off to Holden Racing Team and long time driver Steve Johnson may also leave the fold, all focus has been on the drivers.

But it was announced today (Friday) at Round 11 of the Championship, the Coffee Club V8 Supercar Challenge, that Jim Beam has signed on for another three years.

The team has been known as Jim Beam Racing since the spirit company signed with the team two years ago.

Team owner Dick Johnson was thrilled with the continued support from Jim Beam.

“I think it’s really good for the team to be able to say we’re gonna be here, we’re gonna be here for a long goddamn time,” he said.

“It gives you an opportunity to put together a business plan for the next three years.

“Having something year to year, I don’t think anyone gets an advantage out of; it’s the long term relationships I’ve always had and it obviously works best.”

V8 Supercars Chairman Tony Cochrane was equally thrilled that Jim Beam has extended its sponsorship dollars to the Series as a whole.

“This is a tremendous day for the V8 Supercar Championship Series, yet another major sponsorship announcement in tough economic times,” he said.

“It shows how strong our business really is with Jim Beam coming on board for the next three years as the official spirit of the V8 Supercar Championship Series.

“They will continue on with their fantastic sponsorship of the DJR team, so this only adds to that, and highlights really what great shape our sport is in.”

“They’ve done a great job with the team and now they are going to extend it further in V8 Supercar land.”

Jim Beam Sponsorship and Events Manager, Kel Constantine, said the company was thrilled to be on board for another three years with extended support to the category.

“We hope that our involvement helps to bring a lot more young fans to the sport,” she said.

“Our Jim Beam Party Crew will attend every round next year everyone will get a chance to meet and feel the Jim Beam brand.”

Constantine would not say exactly how much money was involved in the deal, but said sponsorship of the category will see Jim Beam sit just under platform sponsors BigPond and XXXX.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 04:10 (Ref:2319548)   #2
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news indeed bring on 2009 and the 888 spec cars!!!
Old 24 Oct 2008, 04:29 (Ref:2319556)   #3
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Great news for all at DJR, well done Dick & Jim Beam. Now work on keeping Will and with JC next year you might just be on that top step at Bathurst.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 24 Oct 2008, 04:31 (Ref:2319557)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Courtney and Mr Owen would be the better team choice...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Oct 2008, 08:17 (Ref:2319651)   #5
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Mr Courtney and Mr Owen would be the better team choice...
I can't really see Jnr getting the boot if WD leaves the fold. Can you GTR?
Old 24 Oct 2008, 08:26 (Ref:2319661)   #6
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPRXR-6
“Our Jim Beam Party Crew will attend every round next year everyone will get a chance to meet and feel the Jim Beam brand.”
This is quite the quote....
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 08:35 (Ref:2319668)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport
I can't really see Jnr getting the boot if WD leaves the fold. Can you GTR?
Mr Rodgers has been appointed as driver manager... and I cannot see that expense and impost being engaged if there isnt at least a chance of getting a deal elsewhere....
Old 24 Oct 2008, 22:01 (Ref:2320270)   #8
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no nepotism, transparency!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Mr Rodgers has been appointed as driver manager... and I cannot see that expense and impost being engaged if there isnt at least a chance of getting a deal elsewhere....
Charlie demanding more professional management standards.
Old 29 Oct 2008, 09:24 (Ref:2323267)   #9
shorty226
Rookie

Australia
shorty226 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
james courtney is worth the money. sure he is talented but i don't think it is the right catergory for him
Old 29 Oct 2008, 20:24 (Ref:2323789)   #10
Stocky
Rookie

Stocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've herd it's a done deal.

Davison to HRT and Courtney to DJR about a week ago
Old 29 Oct 2008, 21:17 (Ref:2323824)   #11
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
interesting to read in the AA Mag that this deal is reported is worth approx $30m (whether this is true who knows). Its good to see DJR to be around for a longer time and showing the FORD backed teams how to do it.....
Old 25 Sep 2009, 11:49 (Ref:2547942)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to see that DJR has signed additional sponsorship from Staunch, which covered the headlights of #17 and #18 at the last 2 rounds.

Interesting too.. that Staunch is an energy drink, with seemingly no links to the Jim Beam brand or the Coca Cola company paying the main sponsorship bills at DJR!

Release is Here

Unless I missed something, would this not be like Rockstar Energy Drink appearing on a Red Bull car??

Old 25 Sep 2009, 12:23 (Ref:2547957)   #13
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FORD 17
Old 25 Sep 2009, 15:00 (Ref:2548025)   #14
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Interesting to see that DJR has signed additional sponsorship from Staunch, which covered the headlights of #17 and #18 at the last 2 rounds.

Interesting too.. that Staunch is an energy drink, with seemingly no links to the Jim Beam brand or the Coca Cola company paying the main sponsorship bills at DJR!

Release is Here

Unless I missed something, would this not be like Rockstar Energy Drink appearing on a Red Bull car??

link not working?

From the info provided NO it would be like Coke appearing on a Red Bull car. Slightly different market for an Energy drink to appear on an alcohol sponsored car. The only clash I can see would be with mother which hasnt previously appeared on the cars.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 21:51 (Ref:2548318)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muznik View Post
link not working?

From the info provided NO it would be like Coke appearing on a Red Bull car. Slightly different market for an Energy drink to appear on an alcohol sponsored car. The only clash I can see would be with mother which hasnt previously appeared on the cars.

Mother is a CCA product, Staunch does not appear to be. Seems like DJR are advertising a CCA competitor's product when there is one of CCA's own in the marketplace.

That is the odd piece..
Old 26 Sep 2009, 01:01 (Ref:2548395)   #16
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Mother is a CCA product, Staunch does not appear to be. Seems like DJR are advertising a CCA competitor's product when there is one of CCA's own in the marketplace.

That is the odd piece..
Almost, kind of, agree. With Mother's strong relaunch into the market, you would think CCA may be a bit cautious in allowing another energy drink to be involved. However there would be different marketing and sponsorship budgets for each of the CCA brands and I imagine they would work independently of each other.

Quote:

Release is Here

I don't see the Rockstar v Red Bull example as having any relevance. Both are energy drinks. No energy drink from CCA has a presence on the DJR cars, so.....

Also, checking out the website, Staunch is more than just a drink. It has energy strips too - packaged like chewing gum.

When I think about the likes of Nitro and the plethora of other small players, I think CCA would consider this sponsorship and the Staunch brand the smallest of their problems as they struggle with their re launch of the Mother brand.
Old 26 Sep 2009, 01:05 (Ref:2548398)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Avoid mixing Staunch energy with alcohol.
Old 26 Sep 2009, 04:08 (Ref:2548426)   #18
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I missing the obvious here? There is nothing I can find originating from DJR that refers to a link with Staunch Energy as mentioned in that link - that comes from Staunch Energy itself. Is DJR's use of the "STAUNCH" signage not simply a reference to the fact that they are staying with Ford?
Old 26 Sep 2009, 05:35 (Ref:2548437)   #19
dougcharli
Rookie

dougcharli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DJR carried Mother sponsorship during season 2007.
Old 26 Sep 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2548508)   #20
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The staunch website lists Dick Johnson as one of their "friends" http://www.staunchenergy.com.au/inde...=72&Itemid=71#